Prospect Info: Alex Nylander (2016, 8th) – '17-18: Rochester #92 (AHL)

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
With that logic the SC playoffs aren't part of a hockey season either, since it is the post season.
Well, with common sense we can derive the postseason actually matters and the preseason doesn't. Though you're right, both are separated from the regular season.

And it doesn't matter for Alex anyways, since he played so poorly he was benched in the one pro postseason he's seen so far.

Reactions: Sansbacon

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Not sure why people are giving sabrefan27 such a hard time with this.
Clear bias against Nylander/Agenda driven. Doesnt know Nylander's game before being drafted by the Sabres. Dismisses tweets calling the guy a hack if he says something positive about Nylander that contradicts what he is saying. Rochester is 0 and 2 and over half the roster hasnt put up any points and I dont see him in any other thread really trying to burn a player down.

It would help if he knew the type of player we got from Jr. He always floated, Vanek floats, lots of players float and have good seasons. I am guessing he only likes Elie type players which is another reason I dont trust his opinion when it comes to Nylander.

Reactions: Dingo44

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Clear bias against Nylander/Agenda driven. Doesnt know Nylander's game before being drafted by the Sabres. Dismisses tweets calling the guy a hack if he says something positive about Nylander that contradicts what he is saying. Rochester is 0 and 2 and over half the roster hasnt put up any points and I dont see him in any other thread really trying to burn a player down.

It would help if he knew the type of player we got from Jr. He always floated, Vanek floats, lots of players float and have good seasons. I am guessing he only likes Elie type players which is another reason I dont trust his opinion when it comes to Nylander.
I have no doubt Nylander could end up being Vanek-esque or better... but I don't see it yet if all we're hanging on is one solitary camp and blind faith that he's going to be a better NHLer than AHLer despite bad to average, disinterested play down there. EDIT: Which I don't think is being made up or exaggerated here... he was benched in the AHL playoffs for it ffs. Maybe he's better than that, but I think we all want him to show that consistently.

sabresfan27 probably would be in other threads trying to explain why he feels other players are underwhelming so far this season in Roch (as I understand they've been struggling)... but there's been so much tire pumping with Nylander since camp that there's more to discuss here.

Last edited:

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Nylander is a great talent and should of made the team over Tage thompson

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
I love the absurdity of suggesting I have it out for Nylander. Such a lazy argument against me. If that’s all you have, don’t waste your time mentioning me or replying to me. Nylander’s success will help the Amerks win more games and eventually the Sabres. So I clearly want him to do well. I’m hard on him because he wastes his talent on the ice with how he plays. Of course I’m harder on Nylander than, say, Danny O’Regan or Andrew Oglevie.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I agree with this. I thought both should have made the team, but maybe there was just a specific need on one side of the ice that gave Tage the edge.
They are in different places from a contract and development standpoint. Tage is in the second year of his ELC and can play on a 3rd line. Nylander is in the first year after the slide of his ELC, and third line in BUF isn't the type of playing time he needs. He also still has some character questions that they needed to test by sending him back down. Also, Tage is more of a shooter and they need more of that.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I love the absurdity of suggesting I have it out for Nylander. Such a lazy argument against me. If that’s all you have, don’t waste your time mentioning me or replying to me. Nylander’s success will help the Amerks win more games and eventually the Sabres. So I clearly want him to do well. I’m hard on him because he wastes his talent on the ice with how he plays. Of course I’m harder on Nylander than, say, Danny O’Regan or Andrew Oglevie.

I personally think you have it out against the Amerks, I mean look at your negativity!

:)

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I agree with this. I thought both should have made the team, but maybe there was just a specific need on one side of the ice that gave Tage the edge.
There is no side of the ice where Tage Thompson is better than Alex Nylander though.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Tage Thompson is kinda lost right now, he doesn't know what type of player he is. Alex Nylander knows that he is going to be a skilled guy in the NHL, and it's only a matter of time until Tage goes down and Alex comes up. Probably after the west coast trip.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I’m not trying to take away from him, I promise. Just trying to provide info. Nylander missed a shot wide on a 5 on 3, O’Regan picked up the puck behind the net and banked it in.

How has he been playing so far?

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
I’m not trying to take away from him, I promise. Just trying to provide info. Nylander missed a shot wide on a 5 on 3, O’Regan picked up the puck behind the net and banked it in.

Did nylander not shake your hand ? You sound so salty when something nice happens to him

Reactions: Dingo44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad