Player Discussion Alex Newhook

NicRattlehead

Mar 5, 2021
Houston, TX
No, Johnson not kind of player we need. Want more size/physical/speed combo. We have ton of smurfs, opens up more options
I mean I would prefer Zegras for sure but I like acquiring all the potential we possibly can up front.

If there is a guy who is 5’6 but drafted in the first round as a forward and the staff has interest in him, I’m all for the dart throw on offense. That being said, I of course would prefer bigger players compared to smaller players all other things being equal.

Reactions: Habs13

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Ultimately, i think when we are a contenders, Newhook is our 6th-7th best forward. But i like his speed and he has an impressive shot. I was lukewarm and skeptical but i think right now he is playing well and a very nice depth acquisition.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He has done an adequate job filling Monahan's role. I really like this guy. Pretty underrated round these parts.
Maybe it's just me, but with his speed and shot I can't help but expect a bit more production. Of course playing center as a winger and playing with Gallagher/Armia isn't ideal so I'm curious to see what he does next year next to Dach.

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
Maybe it's just me, but with his speed and shot I can't help but expect a bit more production. Of course playing center as a winger and playing with Gallagher/Armia isn't ideal so I'm curious to see what he does next year next to Dach.
He's 5th on the team in P/GP (not counting Dach but including Monahan). Slaf is right behind him but has had the benefit of playing consistently on the top line. I think Newhook has done pretty well, considering the circumstances. I am hoping he can get more than 30 points by the end of the year. His career high to this point is 33 in 71 games. Would be sweet if he can get more than that in 55 games.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Higgins comp is good PAP was a poor skater and soft.

I didn't compare him to PAP directly. I said a faster version of PAP. Offensively speaking, I think they had some similarities, especially with the kind of areas they are capable of scoring from, and the way they do it

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Loved his game yesterday. Though it didn't really show on the boxscore, I thought that was one of his best games as a Hab.

Looked very confident carrying the puck. His zone entries gives them another great option along with Suzuki on the PP.

Wasn't bobbling the puck as much and was going hard to the net. Looked solid again on draws as well.

I along with most, think he profiles better as a winger as it'll allow him to get his shot off more, but he's really made me pause in his last few games at C.

Reactions: Redux91

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I really like his talent and work ethic. Like Slaf and Dach, they have great talent with great hard work in their game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad