Player Discussion: Alex Killorn

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
After the last couple seasons, I'm going to say Killorn longevity and game will be better suited than keeping Johnson or Palat. Johnson has been mediocre all season and Palat looked like his old self for the most part, but both have bigger cons than Killorn. Killorn's running joke of consistency is actually what might keep him a bolt longer than the other two.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Here is to hopi the Lightning are able to create enough cap room and find players to waive their NTC in order to keep all three RFAs. All are very important.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Anyone else think he’s been a bit underwhelming so far?

He's been the best forward on his line and is just over 0.5ppg this playoffs. I don't think he's been out of this world but he's contributed his share. He's got goofy style of skating and falls down a lot but he also finds himself in the right areas and gets a lot of looks. Johnson is kinda lost in the cycle and Cirelli will just chip it, lose the battle or fumble a pass.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
After the last couple seasons, I'm going to say Killorn longevity and game will be better suited than keeping Johnson or Palat. Johnson has been mediocre all season and Palat looked like his old self for the most part, but both have bigger cons than Killorn. Killorn's running joke of consistency is actually what might keep him a bolt longer than the other two.

It's all about the NTC. Was never about his level of play. Killorn's the guy to go because it's his turn to go.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
He's been the best forward on his line and is just over 0.5ppg this playoffs. I don't think he's been out of this world but he's contributed his share. He's got goofy style of skating and falls down a lot but he also finds himself in the right areas and gets a lot of looks. Johnson is kinda lost in the cycle and Cirelli will just chip it, lose the battle or fumble a pass.
Outside of game 3 against Boston, Killer has been suuuper quiet.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Sadly no Playoff Killorn this year (Yet?) I was looking forward to it but he's been quiet. he's also taken way too many dumb penalties.

He's hasn't had a monster playoff run in over 5 years, just goes to show how guys can live off reputation. JT Miller has outproduced Killorn in every playoff run the last 3 years, one has a "playoff choker" label and one is a "playoff monster"

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Sadly no Playoff Killorn this year (Yet?) I was looking forward to it but he's been quiet. he's also taken way too many dumb penalties.

It's not like he ever took over games in the playoffs. His numbers just bumped up slightly from the usual 0.5 ppg, and his goal-scoring went up a bit, whereas most players see their numbers decline fairly drastically. That's how he got the playoff producer label, which I think still applies, because his numbers haven't declined despite it now being the playoffs -- well, I mean, they haven't declined from regular Killorn numbers. This regular season is very likely to be an outlier.

He scores like a 20+ goal-scorer in the playoffs, whereas, in the regular season, he's a 15-20 guy. So I think the playoff producer label remains accurate. Nobody ever claimed he turned into a superstar.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Hearing lots of noise, obviously, about reduced spending this offseason across the league.

Hope someone has room for Killer, unfortunately he’s gotta go. I doubt there is any significant return forthcoming given the financial circumstances.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Killer is too funny. Grabbing the belt next to all the champagne and carrying it everywhere the next couple days then giving it to vinik at the ray j celebration lol! I think he will be gone but if he stays ill be happy. One of my favorite bolts!

Reactions: Hoek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad