Alex Galchenyuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Regarding "that guy in Nashville". I must say I'm a big fan. We just need to know what he's all about. Galchenyuk and him are apples and oranges...

1-He's a winger....The puck goes on and off Forsberg's stick very quickly. He doesn't play much with the puck. As a rule, he'll never try to deke a player 1-on-1. He never makes a fancy pass but he has great vision. He'll rarely make the highlight reels. He just does everything really well. He's always thinking. He's not an explosive skater but he looks like he has deceptive speed.

2-He's 6'1 and 182 but he looks much bigger on the ice. He's very strong, wins lots of battles along the boards and wins lots of turnovers.

3-He's a right-handed shot that plays on his off-wing. What is the most interesting about him is the release on his shot. His one-timer is typical, what's different is his release on his Inside foot when he's shooting in stride (aka the Mark Messier shot)... The release is done at a different point and he really does a good job at masking he's taking a shot. It also looks very accurate.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I'm not annoyed that we didn't draft Forsberg.

I'm annoyed that we didn't trade for him, he was available for cheap.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Not in the same division and there's no rivalry... I'm pretty sure it could happen. I mean, offer up a better player than Erat and we get it and we still pretty much win it hands down...

it was rumored that washington was interested in cammalleri at that time. we said no.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
The Habs should try trading for Evander Kane(LW) to replace AG when he becomes our #1 center. With the defence the Habs have coming and the top end forwards, E.Kane could be that one player needed to become a very good contender right away, depending on the price that he would cost the Habs.:nod: If not then Arturri Lehkonen(LW) may be that player, or Sekac(LW).

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
As sad as it is Galchy likely needs to set up Pacioretty for goals asap for them to remain in tact. Hopefully he gets some leash...it's literally the longest consequetive time both played together in game/practice and Galch has been wing so long so has to re-learn center positioning. Fingers crossed the line stays beyond the LAK game.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
I am waiting for the moment when he can slow his brain down just a little bit to make the perfect decisions.
Right now he is rushing things a tad for example that wide open chance against the canucks where he fired high over the net he had all the time in the world to pull it over and flip it in.
He will get there and when he does hes going to be even more fun to watch.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I'm not annoyed that we didn't draft Forsberg.

I'm annoyed that we didn't trade for him, he was available for cheap.
Some of us argued for us to trade for the pick that turned into Forsberg... back when we should've been more aggressive in rebuilding.
Because George McPhee lost the plot since 2010... that move was the cherry on top.
What a horrific trade it's turned into...

Goes back to what I said at the time: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=63416685&postcount=56

Just because you don't know if a player will pan out, it doesn't mean that you can't evaluate a trade at the time. Absolutely no reason to make that deal.

Last edited:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Some of us argued for us to trade for the pick that turned into Forsberg... back when we should've been more aggressive in rebuilding.

What a horrific trade it's turned into...

Goes back to what I said at the time: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=63416685&postcount=56

Just because you don't know if a player will pan out, it doesn't mean that you can't evaluate a trade at the time. Absolutely no reason to make that deal.

You CAN evalua

I agree with you.

I think it's stupid to evaluate a trade 5 years after it was made. A trade needs to be evaluated the day after it's made with the information you have at that time.

The Gomez and Erat trades were bad from the get-go (and i said it when they were made). You don't give a top prospect for a guy that is over 30 and already show signs of slowing down unless you are a very very serious cup contender (Montréal and Washington were not). Specially if this guy's reputation is not good. Gomez had the reputation of being hard to coach. Erat had the reputation of a guy not showing off in the playoffs when the games are more physical. You can give guys like Dietz ou Nygren for that but not guys like Forsberg or McDo.

The day after the Erat trade was made i simply could not believe it. I was wondering what went thru the DG's mind when he did this. Erat was not what the caps needed. They needed grit, leadership and top defensive players not a guys like Erat.

ROSSter

Jul 5, 2011
Lol gomez, you mean you're good at passing the puck right into the opposing goalie's bread basket.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Scott Gomez was a real chore to watch.

Can you believe he's still collecting money from the Habs ?

His agent is a champion.. how did he get him 3 more contract ?!

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
As sad as it is Galchy likely needs to set up Pacioretty for goals asap for them to remain in tact. Hopefully he gets some leash...it's literally the longest consequetive time both played together in game/practice and Galch has been wing so long so has to re-learn center positioning. Fingers crossed the line stays beyond the LAK game.

If you heard Therrien's presser it sounds like he was very pleased with Alex even though he did not score any points. He's going to give him a little bit of wiggle room imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad