Alex Galchenyuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewbieOfGames

Apr 10, 2013
Québec, CAN
Well i dont know if this has been done yet, but i can't find the topic.

First Galchenyuk is on fire early this year, he got 6 points in 6 games. Well even tought this is a small sample to say he will have a very good year, i've still noticed a difference with last year in his game.

It seems to me that he's bigger this year he took some tonus, he play more physical and he's less scared and intmidated from other teams.

Remember last year he was like 170 pound all wet and was looking shrimpy, now hes listed at 203 lbs on nhl.com

Should 2014 be Galchenyuk break up year?

/discuss

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
He wasn't that skinny last year, but he looks a lot stronger for sure. A lot his success right now has to do with confidence imo, he's dictating the play not just reacting to it.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
He wasn't that skinny last year, but he looks a lot stronger for sure. A lot his success right now has to do with confidence imo, he's dictating the play not just reacting to it.
Great point. Definitely looks a lot more confident out there, almost like his first couple of years were "feeling out" the league and the competition. Now he's hitting that stage where he knows that he can not only play in the NHL, but do some damage. Great to see that our year of sucking is paying off.

Basszor

Sep 29, 2008
Montreal

Yep, way more confident holding into it and creating space for everyone on the ice. So glad we picked him. I also feel like he's quicker and burns the D more this year.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Idk what he'll do this season. A lot has to do with usage going forward. He's clearly our most skilled forward and the line he plays on is our 1st line whether he plays as a Winger or a Center.

He was in the low 40s in projected points in the pre-season with some sports forecasters. 42 points with Bodog. Considering DD had 52 points, 42 is not much off the pace of our first liners from last season. I still think low-40s in points is a low ball projection.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Galchenyuk had 7 points in his first 5 games last year so I am cautiously optimistic that he breaks out. 60-70 points if he stays healthy.

He was drafted at 205 so he did not weigh 170 soak and wet last year.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Im gonna say it: He's gonna hit 70.

If he gets enough pp time.

70's a lot of points the expect from a guy that's never been there before. Lots of Oilers' fans believe Ryan Nugent-Hopkins won't crack 55 points ever again and he plays on a line with Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle... I guess we'll see.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I'm sure he will slow down a bit, he's only 20 and young players are usually inconsistent. That said, once he becomes more consistent, if it's this year or in the future, he is going to be deadly.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Remember all the trade proposals for the #1 pick? We might have the best player from that draft.

If he keeps it up, Galchenyuk will force his way into the #1C spot.

At the time i was 100% sure Galchy was the best player to pick in the entire draft. Now i'd say it's between Trouba, Forsberg, Yak and him. Trouba is pretty neat.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
At the time i was 100% sure Galchy was the best player to pick in the entire draft. Now i'd say it's between Trouba, Forsberg, Yak and him. Trouba is pretty neat.

I haven't seen enough of Trouba and Forsberg. Plus Ds take longer to develop... As for Yak, I've watched a few Oilers game. Zero interest in trading picks. I feel sick just thinking of having Yak instead of Galchenyuk.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Well i dont know if this has been done yet, but i can't find the topic.

First Galchenyuk is on fire early this year, he got 6 points in 6 games. Well even tought this is a small sample to say he will have a very good year, i've still noticed a difference with last year in his game.

It seems to me that he's bigger this year he took some tonus, he play more physical and he's less scared and intmidated from other teams.

Remember last year he was like 170 pound all wet and was looking shrimpy, now hes listed at 203 lbs on nhl.com

/discuss

Also impressed by his physicality this year. That's what so encouraging IMO, he's not afraid to take the body or to take a hit. Going to the dirty areas like he does will make him successful that's for sure.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto

/discuss

I sure hope not, I wish him all the happiness in the world...plus wouldn't want his off-ice struggles to affect his game

Galchenyuk had 7 points in his first 5 games last year so I am cautiously optimistic that he breaks out. 60-70 points if he stays healthy.

True, but this year you can see he played with more confidence and has a jump to his game...playing with Plekanec will do him more good than playing with Eller too tbh, he needs more TOI to improve. I personally would be pretty happy with 60-70pts but I'm expecting 50-55pts this year (which is also good)

Fire Everyone

Especially you
May 17, 2006

He had 7 points in the first 4 games.

He did not play nearly as well as he is playing now though.

Basszor

Sep 29, 2008
Montreal
Remember all the trade proposals for the #1 pick? We might have the best player from that draft.

If he keeps it up, Galchenyuk will force his way into the #1C spot.

I think that the best thing that happened for us was the fact that he got injured lol. I mean, doesnt mean he would have teared everything up and go undispute #1, but seeing how he dominated junior after his draft despite missing almost all the year before is quite remarkable.

Lemons

Mar 26, 2008
I think that the best thing that happened for us was the fact that he got injured lol. I mean, doesnt mean he would have teared everything up and go undispute #1, but seeing how he dominated junior after his draft despite missing almost all the year before is quite remarkable.

Goes to show how naturally tuned he is into the sport.

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
If Galchenyuk nets 55-60 points this year I will be ecstatic. He's clearly capable of more--70 points is not out of the question--but considering his career high is 31 points, I think that expectations should be kept somewhat in check.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

Even healthy he might still have been drafted behind Murray and Yakupov.

NewbieOfGames

Apr 10, 2013
Québec, CAN

Well, he is listed at 194 lbs when drafted by the canadiens on NHL.com

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Sky is the limit for this kid.

I think he's ready to hit 70 points this season. At his peak, he's at least a ppg player who can dominate the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad