Alex Galchenyuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

smon

Sep 12, 2008
Scott Gomez was a real chore to watch.

Can you believe he's still collecting money from the Habs ?

His agent is a champion.. how did he get him 3 more contract ?!

Bargain basement signings though. Devils deal is two-way.

I wonder if he would have just stayed with the Devils instead of opting for the Rangers as a UFA. But hard to argue with that money though.

Chacal667

Jul 14, 2012
Montreal
This change of thinking has to be from MB... I'm pretty sure they had some talk him and MT.

well it has to be from both, DD is not a first line center and we were loosing games, MT is not affraid to try different things but I agree that MB probably had some talk with him.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
This change of thinking has to be from MB... I'm pretty sure they had some talk him and MT.

I don't think so, I think they probably had a path for him, when they seen DD couldn't fulfill his role they accelerated their approach. I think MT probably said I am going to move AG to center boss, what do you think? MB, do it.

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
Bargain basement signings though. Devils deal is two-way.

I wonder if he would have just stayed with the Devils instead of opting for the Rangers as a UFA. But hard to argue with that money though.

.......Also the cap was at like 40 something at the time i think.....Cant say no to that. He did the right thing.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
I don't think so, I think they probably had a path for him, when they seen DD couldn't fulfill his role they accelerated their approach. I think MT probably said I am going to move AG to center boss, what do you think? MB, do it.

LOL

Ya that's probably how it went down.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Seems pretty clear MB has no say on lineup choices, that's why he sent everyone down to force Sekac into the lineup. I'm sure management started to get pretty pissed in the losing streak and Therrien felt the need to deviate from his "master plan" :laugh:

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
GMs have a say in lineups. For example, it was driving Murray insane that McLean was benching Lazar. Mclean was well aware of it. His lineup choices didn't help his relationship with management per TSN Radio Ottawa.

You have two people, you have two opinions. The coach is supposed to decide. The GM intervenes indirectly in the lineup and can fire the coach in extreme cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad