Alex Galchenyuk Thread 7.0 - "Turns Rust To Gold?" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Grit? Look at Boston 2 years ago they have a player similar to Pleks in Krejci and he led them in points and he is far from being gritty and got owned by Pleks in the 1st round

Krejci is not soft plus he had 23 points in 25 games. Carreer he has 47 points in 59 playoffs game. Plekanec has 29 point is 47 playoffs game. I take Krejci anytime.

Last edited:

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Back to the subject, Galchenyuk will be awesome for the Habs. He never stop working and he is gritty

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Krejci is soft but he is well surrounded, Pleks isn't

Excuses... Patch and Cole are good wingers but he lost his 1rst line spot to DD. He did not do the job when he played with them while DD made Cole and Patch better players. Like Galchenyuk will do when he plays for us.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Actually has a person i think he is quite a nice guy, and i think he works hard.

Go look at the stats of krejci in the first series.

Plekanec would yield a 1st and not a blue chip prospect but a solid top 9 prospect, He's a good player and anyone underestimating him is making a mistake.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Actually has a person i think he is quite a nice guy, and i think he works hard.

As a person? You know nothing of the guy. Maybe he's a dick.
He works hard? You just described every other role player in the NHL. If that's all you had to say it proves my point.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
As a person? You know nothing of the guy. Maybe he's a dick.
He works hard? You just described every other role player in the NHL. If that's all you had to say it proves my point.

Well they way he acts in public plus what the reporters describe their relation with him, anyone tells he is a nice person to be around. Then again maybe he beats his wife, that we will never know unless she press charges.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Go look at the stats of krejci in the first series.

Plekanec would yield a 1st and not a blue chip prospect but a solid top 9 prospect, He's a good player and anyone underestimating him is making a mistake.

Well if Bergevin gets that much for him, then he will confirm the faith i have in him that he will be a good GM. I would say that right now with that many years left on his contract we could get a couple 2nd round pick or a second round draft pick plus a average prospect. But this is the Galchenyuk thread we should go back to the subject.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Tomas Jagr..all I have to said.

tomas-jagr5.jpg

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
In Habs color glasses. Ask any Hawks fans if they would pay a 1rst for him, or any team for that matter? A smallish soft center who was -20 last year.

Are you ****n insane? If it's a top 5 pick, no, top 3 pick, then yeah, I'll make a gamble and trade Plekanec for it. Anything below, you'll most likely get burned.

Refer to this thread.

Successful by the OP's standards is at least two 45pts season. If it's not a top 5 pick, don't even think about trading Plekanec for it.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Are you ****n insane? If it's a top 5 pick, no, top 3 pick, then yeah, I'll make a gamble and trade Plekanec for it. Anything below, you'll most likely get burned.

Refer to this thread.

Successful by the OP's standards is at least two 45pts season. If it's not a top 5 pick, don't even think about trading Plekanec for it.

LOL a top 5 pick for him, i have seen it all!!! Then if Plekanec was on another team, you would trade Galchenyuk for him? BTW there is a plekanec thread just below, we should talk about him there. This is the Galchenyuk thread.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
I was wondering, if the Habs had drafted first overall last summer, who would you draft with what we have seen so far this season. I think i would draft Galchenyuk number 1. Yakupov has not impressed me this year. I might even pick Grigorenko before yakupov at number 2. To me Galchenyuk as a better work ethic then both Yakupov and Grigorenko and has as many skills.

Kovatar

Oct 29, 2010
LOL a top 5 pick for him, i have seen it all!!! Then if Plekanec was on another team, you would trade Galchenyuk for him? BTW there is a plekanec thread just below, we should talk about him there. This is the Galchenyuk thread.

Pleks is worth a late first round pick (16-30), meaning, if a team thinks they are missing a final ingredient to make a serious run at the cup, they would easily give a first rounder for him at the deadline. You are correct that he is soft (see 2008/2010 playoffs against Philly) but he's one of the league's best and most dangerous forward penalty killers, and he has a solid 2-way game. Moreover, our whole team was soft over the past 5 seasons. On a grittier team, his 'softness' wont be as much of an issue, given his assets. He would be the perfect 3rd line (maybe 2nd line) center on a top-tier team. I was most impressed with him during the 2010/2011 seasons because he must have had about a dozen different wingers and he produced consistently no matter who was on his line, while the Habs were one one of the top PK teams. He's not elite, but his versatility is rare and I think teams value that quite a bit. If the Habs want to trade him at the deadline I don't think they'll have a problem getting a 1st (and some mid-level prospect(s)), especially since he's under contract for another two years. That said, there is no way a non-playoff team will give up a first round pick for him.

Since this is a Galchenyuk thread, how f&*king good is he???!!!?? I can't wait to see how he performs versus the Russians tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad