Alex Galchenyuk Thread 7.0 - "Turns Rust To Gold?" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Housley needs to realize hes first line aint working,give Galchenyuk one of Grimaldi or Gaudreau or put him center on the second line so he can create some offense.Not worried about that game tho i know Alex will bounce back against canada on Sunday if Phil gives him the chance 2

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
They took quite a few penalties and Galchenyuk got no PK time.
States took some bad penalties yes but in the 3rd period and being down by a goal u HAVE to play ur best players over and over again.Housley was still rolling hes 4 lines like if we were winning.Not impressed at all by the coaching so far,unlike NHL coaches he doesnt adjust through the game and keeps the same lines evendoh they're not creating ne thing

Analyzer*

The 9 minute mark was reported by just 1 poster. I find it hard to believe, he clearly was closer to 15 from my estimation watching it.

Hopefully Crimson updates the TOI soon.

I forget who posted it, but it said Gally is 17th on the team in ice time over the 2 games.

I'd say Gally played around 13 minutes.

jedimyrmidon

Nov 30, 2012
Toronto
The Grimaldi-Miller-Gaudreau line seems to be getting a lot of icetime as well as the fourth line at ES.

Doesn't make a lot of sense seeing as their top line hasn't really produced anything this tournament yet including against Germany. Here's hoping they don't break out against Canada *knocks on wood*.

Gally actually looked good for the first part of the game, but then sort of seemed to give up in the third. Or rather, was waiting at the blueline for his teammates to dig the puck out from the boards and start the breakout (which they were largely incapable of doing). I don't know if he was supposed to go back and help?

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Some guy on TSN's That's Hockey in Vancouver was ripping on Phil Housley for not playing Gally enough. He said the zamboni had as much ice time as Gally and if the USA wants to win the tournament he needs to play the guy who's had like 29 points in his last 11 games more.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
He's still 44% on his team production thus far with 3rd line minutes.

There really is no harm in playing him on the second PK unit, or on the point for the second PP wave. He can do so much more and the extra TOI will help him control the flow of the game more.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Some guy on TSN's That's Hockey in Vancouver was ripping on Phil Housley for not playing Gally enough. He said the zamboni had as much ice time as Gally and if the USA wants to win the tournament he needs to play the guy who's had like 29 points in his last 11 games more.

Video of it: http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=main/vhSearch=Galchenyuk/1/0/834438/clip/534

One thing to keep in mind from today:That had to be the highest level of competition Galchenyuk has ever faced and it showed. It was a big step up. Even an OHL powerhouse like London isn't at that level, especially when you consider Russia is playing at home. Several players on Team Russia play in the KHL, even if it's just a few minutes a game.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Video of it: http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=main/vhSearch=Galchenyuk/1/0/834438/clip/534

One thing to keep in mind from today:That had to be the highest level of competition Galchenyuk has ever faced and it showed. It was a big step up. Even an OHL powerhouse like London isn't at that level, especially when you consider Russia is playing at home. Several players on Team Russia play in the KHL, even if it's just a few minutes a game.

Thanks. I can't see the video for some reason but I hope I got what he said somewhat correct. :)

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Galchenyuk's TOI was 15:46 according to CrimsonSkorpion, and not 9:32 like I said in another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->