"Alex Galchenyuk has arrived."

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
A strong finish true but that was only 6 goals in 30 games so a 15 goal pace. His current 34 goal clip is completely uncharted territory for him. Him shooting at 18% is also likely unsustainable. My point was only that these two players are not that far apart based on the career to date. Galchenyuk has had 15% and 14.9% shooting so he is a good bet to improve on his 11 goal rate. Game 30 is a bit too early to be grading the trade.

Points are points. Domi was drafted primarily as a dynamic playmaker with an edge, not a goal scorer. I agree shooting at nearly 20% is unsustainable but shooting at 6% after a wrist injury was unsustainable too - regression to the mean was going to happen.

I don't doubt that Galchenyuk has better goal scoring tools and I certainly won't argue that game 30 is not too early to levy any final judgement on a trade. But it's still pretty clear that one team has benefited a lot more than the other so far.

Last edited:

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
He's not floating. In fact, he was playing very well when he went down with an injury.
Perhaps floating was indeed the wrong term.

He simply is not as talented as many in Montreal was hoping he'd be.

He even looks a little lost playing with Keller and Schmaltz. Those guys have the puck and he kind of watches.

He's not that good and is clearly not even close to Domi.

Reactions: RemoAZ

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
It was not a coincidence Montreal traded him after their weak season.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
To be fair that poster you quoted also said Subban wasn’t a team player and was selfish because he wore his own hat company instead of a Habs one.

You are going to get many hot takes it’s what some Habs fan do to players once they leave.

Go over to the Nashville board you will still have Habs fan asking if Subban is a cancer in the dressing room or ask if he is trade bait despite the rumour being false.

It will only get worst the more Chucky produces for you.

I love going back and reading some of these... really. its not true that habs fans or any fan really are wrong when they have trades happen. it just always ends up in the 'you never know' pile.. especially.. when trades seem so one dimensional which they rarely are.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
I have been very impressed with Domi's play and admit to being very wrong on the health of his wrist.

The only "but" I'll say is that it's only November. Ottawa's rookie defenceman is leading all defencemen in the league in scoring. Patrice Bergeron is on a scoring tear he has never had in his whole career. Jeff Skinner has 12 goals in 17 games. It's way too early to decide anything for sure. I remember 15-16 when everyone in Montreal and in the Canadian hockey media was already giving Shea Weber the Norris trophy before any team played 30 games. We got so much hockey left to play. But things look good for both sides right now.

To be fair 2015-2016 was the last year subban played for the habs when they finished bottom 8 in the league. the following year which was webers first season with the habs he had that great start and finsihed 6th in Norris voting.. so it wasnt that crazy to think he would win after that great start. JUst clarifying for facts and stuff

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Classic jinx thread. Domi is going to feed us our lunch in the next game. Gally will be invisible.
I hate to "like" that post but man you are spot on. I'm honestly a little apprehensive about it, like some dirty laundry is going to come out on the ice, first shift Domi attacks OEL or something like that.

Reactions: RABBIT

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Really not interested in hosting Montreal fan debate club.

You should tell this to the guys running the Coyotes -page on Facebook to. To see glaring images of Domi waving in every thread there is actually starting to annoy me.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Galchenyuk just needs new shoulder pads..... go to the other extreme with some old 70's Coopers.. lower the profile and he'll be fine. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Mosby

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Sure, as long as we make the playoffs.

SinfulReasonableHyracotherium-small.gif

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yeah the tallest midget.
Not sure what you mean with that statement, but Chucky is very physical. Goes to the net, fights for the puck, goes into the corners, and he is very hard to knock off the puck. Easily our best forward at the moment.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Not sure what you mean with that statement, but Chucky is very physical. Goes to the net, fights for the puck, goes into the corners, and he is very hard to knock off the puck. Easily our best forward at the moment.
He means it’s easy to be the best of a bad bunch. That’s what that saying means.

It’s not impressive to be the tallest midget because midgets aren’t tall.

Reactions: Name Nameless

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Our top point producer is right in the mix with the top goal scorers of the League. Being AZ's top forward is nothing to brag about. Like imagine someone pumping the Oilers best D man.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad