Alex Chiasson hearing? upd: suspended for 1 game

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
7 and 0 are the numbers that mean the most. Sorry fella.

Should I saunter over to the Leafs board and see how you guys reacted to your 2nd loss to the Senators?

We all have bad moments and ebbs and flows in the season. Getting shut out back to back by the cursed Leafs will no doubt be an ebb in ours.

Reactions: Chrisinroch

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
Should I saunter over to the Leafs board and see how you guys reacted to your 2nd loss to the Senators?

We all have bad moments and ebbs and flows in the season. Getting shut out back to back by the cursed Leafs will no doubt be an ebb in ours.

I don't think any of us would have been all over the main boards, saying that we deserved a better fate.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Smh I hope this is sarcasm.
No, not really.

There's an implied consent for hockey players hitting each other within the bounds of reason during the course of a hockey game.

Once the game is over there is no more implied consent, and striking someone with a hockey stick across his back is an out and out assault.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
*would have. My own fanbase is full of depressed chicken littles that think the sky is falling and don't understand numbers.
Yeah man you guys have had a f***ing good run. Be happy. Ofcourse it sucks to lose to the Leafs. But like you said, they are class of division so nothing to be ashamed about.

You guys still got a lot of games left and could still easily finish 2nd. Good on you for staying level headed.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yeah man you guys have had a f***ing good run. Be happy. Ofcourse it sucks to lose to the Leafs. But like you said, they are class of division so nothing to be ashamed about.

You guys still got a lot of games left and could still easily finish 2nd. Good on you for staying level headed.

Toronto's a hell of a team. I said from the get-go that Brodie was exactly what they needed on the back end and a big upgrade on Barrie on the back end. Everyone in the division is clearly fighting for 2nd place. I think that's us. You naturally look for positives in two games that there weren't many, and outchancing and outshooting a very good team *are* good signs.

We need a bounce, man. That Puljujarvi chance that rolled an inch wide was killer.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Toronto's a hell of a team. I said from the get-go that Brodie was exactly what they needed on the back end and a big upgrade on Barrie on the back end. Everyone in the division is clearly fighting for 2nd place. I think that's us. You naturally look for positives in two games that there weren't many, and outchancing and outshooting a very good team *are* good signs.

We need a bounce, man. That Puljujarvi chance that rolled an inch wide was killer.
You guys had some chances early, but couldn't bury. Once Hyman scored the Oilers got a bit nervous. That then led to Nylander goal which broke you guys.

One thing I've noticed about Oilers this year is they're allowing multiple goals in less than 3 mins. They gotta shut that down.

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
You guys had some chances early, but couldn't bury. Once Hyman scored the Oilers got a bit nervous. That then led to Nylander goal which broke you guys.

One thing I've noticed about Oilers this year is they're allowing multiple goals in less than 3 mins. They gotta shut that down.
They don't have secondary scoring. If you get ahead of the Oilers by 2 goals you just clog the hell out of the neutral zone, keep them to the outside and hope they get frustrated, and take dumb penalties to add on.

Reactions: MattySnipes

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Tippett refuses to use his timeouts to calm the team down. It's a running joke that he gets a bonus for every timeout he doesn't use. He also likes to go to a grunt line after we get scored on regardless of who is on the ice for the other side and it usually blows up in our faces.

He's actually a horrible matchup coach. It's pretty telling when a team is much better on the road like we are, when the opposition coach controls the matchups.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Tippett refuses to use his timeouts to calm the team down. It's a running joke that he gets a bonus for every timeout he doesn't use. He also likes to go to a grunt line after we get scored on regardless of who is on the ice for the other side and it usually blows up in our faces.

He's actually a horrible matchup coach. It's pretty telling when a team is much better on the road like we are, when the opposition coach controls the matchups.
Reminds me of Babcock's last year here. Except for all the winning y'all did before TO series.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Reminds me of Babcock's last year here. Except for all the winning y'all did before TO series.

I think he's better liked than Babcock was, but he's every bit as stubborn if not more so.

RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto was the best line in the NHL for three months last year and he so far has point blank refused to go back to it. It's f***ing baffling.

Reactions: MattySnipes

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Last time anyone was suspended for doing something to a Leaf was the 2013 playoffs.

I know that we're currently in trend of breaking long standing droughts with the B2B shutouts against the same team stat, but I don't we're gonna get a second one snapped in as many days.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Veasey's body language before the actual cross check is amusing. Skates at Chiasson while they appearing be jawing. Chiasson takes on a bit more threatening stance and --whoooooops -- Veasey veers away. :laugh:

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
46.19 Any teams whose players become involved in an altercation, other than during the periods of the game (see 46.9), shall be fined automatically twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000) in addition to any other appropriate penalties that may be imposed upon the participating players by supplementary discipline or otherwise. Any player who would be deemed to be an instigator pursuant to this rule at a time other than during the periods of the game shall be suspended automatically for ten (10) games. Such determination may be made by the Referee at the time of the incident or subsequently by the Commissioner or his designee based upon such reports and other information as he deems sufficient, including but not limited to television tapes.
Your post is going to go unnoticed it seems but this is basically the justification why he's getting the call.

Reactions: Neil Racki

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
I think he's better liked than Babcock was, but he's every bit as stubborn if not more so.

RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto was the best line in the NHL for three months last year and he so far has point blank refused to go back to it. It's f***ing baffling.

I can't really blame the guy. That line features 3 of your top 4 offensive players and leaves McDavid with who? Jesse Puljadslfjasdfvi? That's not a recipe for success when you're playing the same teams over and over again throughout the season. Teams are going to learn to adjust and shutdown that top-line real quick. If this was a regular season with regular divisions and schedule, I think you guys would probably see that line though.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I can't really blame the guy. That line features 3 of your top 4 offensive players and leaves McDavid with who? Jesse Puljadslfjasdfvi? That's not a recipe for success when you're playing the same teams over and over again throughout the season. Teams are going to learn to adjust and shutdown that top-line real quick. If this was a regular season with regular divisions and schedule, I think you guys would probably see that line though.

Puljujarvi's been a hell of a playdriver this year and meshed really well with McDavid. Really it's just flipping Kahun and RNH.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
I think a few Leafs fans share this sentiment as well, but, I honestly believe that was a pissass play by Chiasson at the end of the game and there's no place for that kind of shit in the game. I think he deserves a 10 game suspension for being a bitch. Now, I am a fair man, and I do acknowledge that there probably was some instigating going on by Vesey as well. And I also believe that Vesey should be suspended for the rest of the year because that's a bigger offence in my book.

Reactions: Insidefi

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Dumb crosscheck after the game? Just a stupid play on his part.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto

Tomorrow's another day, and I don't think it takes much for the worm to turn in a small, seven-team division with only intra-divisional play.

It's a long way from the end of the season, and every team's streaks and slumps are amplified when every game is a four-point game.

The Leafs are looking mighty fine right now, but I wouldn't write them in as the team to beat, nor would I write any other team off just yet.

Two weeks is a long time in this division. Anything could happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChaoticOrange

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

Have you ever thought that maybe the players are the ones who don’t want that line together?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad