Alex Chiasson hearing? upd: suspended for 1 game

hockeeyyy

Sep 29, 2017
It wasn’t out of left field. He got five and a game and a misconduct last night just as the game ended. It was for a cross check or something towards Vesey. Happened off camera.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Weird how it's currently listed on the NHL.com boxscore.

Shows him with a 5 minute fighting major at 19:35 of the 3rd period, and then a 5 minute cross checking and game misconduct at 20:00.

Was this added after the fact, or just a mistake on the game sheet?

Or did he come out of the box after the game and do this?

Edit- Nevrmind, I'm an idiot. Had him confused with Archibald.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
That’s... not much of a cross check IMO.

but considering things were getting feisty at the end and these teams play again Wednesday, probably want to nip it in the bud. Not like we’ll miss Chiasson anyway.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Well, all the Leafs fans wanting Vesey to do something, there you go.

That’s... not much of a cross check IMO.

but considering things were getting feisty at the end and these teams play again Wednesday, probably want to nip it in the bud. Not like we’ll
miss Chiasson anyway.

Hey hey, I think Chiasson is a decent guy to have out there for his net front presence considering all the perimeter shots being taken.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Well, all the Leafs fans wanting Vesey to do something, there you go.

Hey hey, I think Chiasson is a decent guy to have out there for his net front presence considering all the perimeter shots being taken.

Edmonton’s actually had more high quality scoring chances than Toronto has in the last two games, the issue is we’re not finishing them. In the third period of last game we were actually passing out of the slot instead of into it, our shooters are so far up their own asses right now.

Reactions: Norwegianoiler

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
Edmonton’s actually had more high quality scoring chances than Toronto has in the last two games, the issue is we’re not finishing them. In the third period of last game we were actually passing out of the slot instead of into it, our shooters are so far up their own asses right now.

Scores effects man.

Reactions: Kurtz

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
Pretty standard response when you get embarrassed in back to back games

I would have given Chaissson the benefit of the doubt thinking his stick rode up the shoulder pads.
But the replay shows he got him flush in the head.

Il Stugotz

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
44 miles from Chicago
46.19 Any teams whose players become involved in an altercation, other than during the periods of the game (see 46.9), shall be fined automatically twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000) in addition to any other appropriate penalties that may be imposed upon the participating players by supplementary discipline or otherwise. Any player who would be deemed to be an instigator pursuant to this rule at a time other than during the periods of the game shall be suspended automatically for ten (10) games. Such determination may be made by the Referee at the time of the incident or subsequently by the Commissioner or his designee based upon such reports and other information as he deems sufficient, including but not limited to television tapes.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Facewashes, small punches, and cross checks in scrums after whistles are no big deal. Skating up to a guy after a game is over and then crosschecking him is seriously chickenshit, no matter how weak of a cross check it is. Good on the Oiler players for getting fired up at the end of a game, nothing wrong with some emotion. But the final whistle is when the game is over and there's no scrum, it's time to switch back into reasonable human being mode. If there's supplementary discipline it's because of the clock.

And while I don't want to get worked up about a) a grainy video or b) either of Alex Chiasson or Jimmy Vesey, that cross check looked pretty high.

Reactions: banks

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Scores effects man.

shots were 7-2 Edmonton when they were down 2-0. They played well and lost. Twice in a row now. They do need to buckle down and finish some chances and have a goalie make a routine stop, but I’m not about to chicken little what’s been a pretty good season so far. Gotta win Wednesday, though.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
The leafs are on like a 7 year streak I think of no suspension. That includes licking chara, multiple concussions and injuries. And that’s it?

kinda weak.

smith should be called out and fined for diving. That’s about it from that game.

Oilslick941611

slapshot into the empty net...utterly irrelevant
Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
If that crosscheck happened in between whistles, he wouldn't be getting a hearing. The problem here is that the game is over and it could spark a huge brawl with so many players on the ice.

I believe that there are even separate rules that apply to time outside of the periods of play.
Most likely this.

Binnington psychotic episode was more of an issue and he never got a hearing, but his meltdown happened during, not after the game.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
shots were 7-2 Edmonton when they were down 2-0. They played well and lost. Twice in a row now. They do need to buckle down and finish some chances and have a goalie make a routine stop, but I’m not about to chicken little what’s been a pretty good season so far. Gotta win Wednesday, though.

Yes, you'd expect Edmonton to come out strong after getting shut out in the first game. You'd also expect them to be more determined offensively after trailing 3-0 in the first.

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
Edmonton has more HD chances than Toronto did on Saturday (14-6), but last night was an 8-8 tie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->