Alex Chiasson hearing? upd: suspended for 1 game

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Edmonton’s actually had more high quality scoring chances than Toronto has in the last two games, the issue is we’re not finishing them. In the third period of last game we were actually passing out of the slot instead of into it, our shooters are so far up their own asses right now.

Moneypuck has a good graphic on where scoring chances are coming from. Heres last nights game:

MoneyPuck.com

See the difference between the teams? Toronto's are very compact in the center on the zone and Edmonton is comparably playing spin art around the perimeter.

Last nights final scoring chance numbers were:

Total scoring chances:

Toronto: 26
Edmonton: 24

High Danger Chances:

Toronto: 8
Edmonton: 8

Reactions: banks

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yes, you'd expect Edmonton to come out strong after getting shut out in the first game. You'd also expect them to be more determined offensively after trailing 3-0 in the first.

the first period was actually pretty even last night too in terms of shots and chances. The difference was Edmonton couldn’t stop a beach ball and Toronto took advantage of a fortunate bounce and a leaky Koskinen. Should have been 1-0 Toronto after 1.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Chiasson always goes high, I've noticed. Not like the Obamas meant it either.

Just constantly and unnecessarily lifting his arms when battling on the boards or finishing a check or when absorbing a check.

Probably tortured insects as a kid.

Reactions: Kurtz

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
the first period was actually pretty even last night too in terms of shots and chances. The difference was Edmonton couldn’t stop a beach ball and Toronto took advantage of a fortunate bounce and a leaky Koskinen. Should have been 1-0 Toronto after 1.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

The Oilers were down and out on the scoreboard and pushed when they were down. The Leafs continued to clog the neutral zone and not allow much in the high danger areas.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Moneypuck has a good graphic on where scoring chances are coming from. Heres last nights game:

MoneyPuck.com

See the difference between the teams? Toronto's are very compact in the center on the zone and Edmonton is comparably playing spin art around the perimeter.

Last nights final scoring chance numbers were:

Total scoring chances:

Toronto: 26
Edmonton: 24

High Danger Chances:

Toronto: 8
Edmonton: 8

Im using NST, which also has a heat map.

Regardless, either one proves my point that these teams are closer than the season series would indicate.

Attachments

• 2735C320-B1EB-40E3-A063-489DC2C750FA.png
    2735C320-B1EB-40E3-A063-489DC2C750FA.png
    447 KB · Views: 3

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Im using NST, which also has a heat map.

Regardless, either one proves my point that these teams are closer than the season series would indicate.

Oh, I still firmly have Edmonton as the 2nd best team in the North, as I have since the start of the season. Its Calgary in third that's starting to look worrisome (Now thats a team who forgot how to score)

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Score adjusted, it was 6.5-5.7.

Especially important when the team's got a lead like 10 minutes into the game.

which would still indicate that these were much closer games than the scores would indicate, right?

I’m not trying to say Toronto deserves no credit - they do - but these weren’t 4-0 and 3-0 games. Play them both 10 times and it’s probably 6-4 TOR or 5-5.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Oh, I still firmly have Edmonton as the 2nd best team in the North, as I have since the start of the season. Its Calgary in third that's starting to look worrisome (Now thats a team who forgot how to score)

I had Toronto - Edmonton as the 1-2 in the North since the offseason, and Toronto is clearly the class of the division. It’s just frustrating when you know your team probably deserves a bit better than they’ve gotten but it’s tough to outscore leaky goaltending.

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
Might wanna do that shit when the game isn't actually over.

Totally fine with him getting a game, even if it was "a nothing play".

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
shots were 7-2 Edmonton when they were down 2-0. They played well and lost. Twice in a row now. They do need to buckle down and finish some chances and have a goalie make a routine stop, but I’m not about to chicken little what’s been a pretty good season so far. Gotta win Wednesday, though.
It's cute that you actually believe this.

Reactions: AvroArrow

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
I had Toronto - Edmonton as the 1-2 in the North since the offseason, and Toronto is clearly the class of the division. It’s just frustrating when you know your team probably deserves a bit better than they’ve gotten but it’s tough to outscore leaky goaltending.

Deserve has got nothing to do with it when you get shut out in back to back games.

I know you're trying to rationalize the dismantling the Oilers have experienced the previous two games but, c'mon man.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Edmonton’s actually had more high quality scoring chances than Toronto has in the last two games, the issue is we’re not finishing them. In the third period of last game we were actually passing out of the slot instead of into it, our shooters are so far up their own asses right now.

Your own fanbase disagrees with you. Had you actually scored we would of started trying again.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
which would still indicate that these were much closer games than the scores would indicate, right?

I’m not trying to say Toronto deserves no credit - they do - but these weren’t 4-0 and 3-0 games. Play them both 10 times and it’s probably 6-4 TOR or 5-5.

Sure, not saying the Leafs dominated or anything.

I don't agree with people saying they did. I'm just happy their xGA was below 2.

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

I don't think we were watching the same game, most of your fellow oilers fans would agree. It wasn't remotely close, Edmonton had terrible shots, almost all of them were weak floaters from the outside.

As for the OP, what a dumb play, I didn't even see that until just now. Cross check to the head at the end of the game out of frustration. Just take the L and come back better for game 3, idiotic move. It didn't look too harsh, but stupid nonetheless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad