Alain Vigneault Named Head Coach Part 2

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Im worried not winning a cup is too much in his head. He abandoned everything that got them where they were once the playoffs started.

The early goalie pulls, the bizarre challenges. Just seemed like he was over coaching.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Im worried not winning a cup is too much in his head. He abandoned everything that got them where they were once the playoffs started.

The early goalie pulls, the bizarre challenges. Just seemed like he was over coaching.

It wasn't over-coaching, it wasn't any form of rational coaching. It's certainly not NHL coaching.

Reactions: Defect

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Trotz got let go after winning the Cup.

Because they didn't want to pay him.

AV is fine, he was patching his way through the playoffs, just because some people declared Frost and Bunnaman ready doesn't mean they were. And Ghost didn't do enough to garner confidence in him unless you're Ghostdog.

This was never that good of a team, a lot of inexperience, and it showed in the play of TK, Sanheim and Farabee, and to some extent Myers.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Wait a season or two more and you will hate him. Then he will have ran the team into the ground and the Flyers gameplan will have been figured out like a children's book. And AV himself will claim nothing of it is his fault.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
He got this team to game 7 of round 2. Too many people expect coaching to be magic dust. It’s not.

Reactions: Domino666

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
BTW, two of those four coaches are Stanley Cup winners. And a third has been to the finals multiple times. Stop blaming coaching and acting like the players are achieving against a storm.

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Although I'm not going to push the fire AV button, I was very disappointed in his performance throughout the playoffs. Last line change in game 7 and we got fed. I don't like Michel Thierrien enough to even learn to spell his name. He's a no-brainer for walking papers, we may not have elite offensive skill...but a sub 10% pp means the job isn't getting done. At least fire that coach, there needs to be some coaching accountability somewhere. We hear them preach enough about the players being accountable.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
tenor.gif

Reactions: Striiker

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The reality with the coach is he’s bulletproof for 2 more years, when decisions have to be made on the older players of this team. Couturier is young enough but his next deal is $10m. Giroux and Voracek aren’t getting another coach while they are here.

The flat cap is a problem but it’s time to push some chips to the middle, especially with Hart on an ELC for one more year.

Reactions: Hurricane28

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
First playoff series win since 2011/12. If the players could do it all by themselves, they'd have won a series in the last 8 years.
They didn’t have Hart the last 8 years. AV didn’t really coach anything per say. No time outs when Montreal took us off our game and play to their speed. Some good challenges (1?), some really bad challenges (I didn’t see the replay...).
Very poor player decisions, poor overuse of garbage players in general and overplaying them too boot.
“Frost wasn’t ready”, I’ll concede that just for arguments sake, but even unready he’s still a better player than grant or Thompson. Ghost sitting out the majority of the playoffs. Not benching Sanheim to wake him up.
The ever persistent dump and chase, but then Hayes would casually skate it on a few times a night showing it can be done.
We’re up a goal guys!, let’s all stand in front of Hart and let them rack up the shots. No we’re winning, we don’t need to play offense anymore.
Hey I know we haven’t had a power play goal in what, four hundred and seventy three attempts, let’s stay the course.

It wasn’t AV that got us to a game 7 of the second round, it was Hart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad