Speculation: Aho, Hurricanes discussing contract extension

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I'm expecting something around 9-9.5 x 6 once all is said and done. From what I've heard it's more about term than dollar figures.
Yep, Canes want to lock him up long term and he only wants medium term to get to the big money earlier.

They'll eventually settle on a compromise and it'll get done. Neither side has intention on walking away, it's just who blinks first to find that middle ground.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Mildan

Jan 7, 2019
If Canes actually started negotiations from 6 mil, Aho would be correct simply to stand up and walk away instead of replying to the insult. This rumour is so absurd.. Who would even come up with that figure?

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Brind’Amour and Waddell as coach and GM; this will be very entertaining for 30 other teams.

Imagine their faces when we squeak into the 8 spot and win a couple of rounds... :sarcasm:

tenor.gif

It was nice wasn't it?

If Canes actually started negotiations from 6 mil, Aho would be correct simply to stand up and walk away instead of replying to the insult. This rumour is so absurd.. Who would even come up with that figure?

Eklund relaying Kypreos, so you know the rumor has to be the highest of quality

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Does 5 years end right at UFA, or buy out any years?

I think that’d only end up buying 1 UFA year. By my rudimentary understanding of players coming off their 3 yr ELC, he’s still RFA for the next 4 years, hitting UFA after 7 years of team control.

(I actually did stay at a Holdiay Inn Express just over a week ago, but I’m no CBA expert so I could be way off base with my understanding...)

Reactions: Tryamw

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
I think that’d only end up buying 1 UFA year. By my rudimentary understanding of players coming off their 3 yr ELC, he’s still RFA for the next 4 years, hitting UFA after 7 years of team control.

(I actually did stay at a Holdiay Inn Express just over a week ago, but I’m no CBA expert so I could be way off base with my understanding...)
You obviously failed at doing the Holiday Inn Express thing correctly... Oh sorry you said Holdiay Inn.. Not as familiar with those.. makes more sense now.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
You obviously failed at doing the Holiday Inn Express thing correctly... Oh sorry you said Holdiay Inn.. Not as familiar with those.. makes more sense now.

Well it was a Holiday Inn at a vineyard (Childress in Lexington), so I may have been a bit too inebriated to absorb all the Express had to offer. Maybe I shoulda tried the insta-pancake machine as part of the continental breakfast for full benefit.

Reactions: Tryamw

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Him being a smart guy I would understand 8M.
I would also understand 10M+ deals because atm he is the smartest hockey player in the NHL.
Career points 49 -> 65 -> 83

Anything under 9M I consider a steal.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Aho is as good as Chef55 from the Jets. He earns 6.125 million. :) That's all I got.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Im a little lost... I think 9-10 would be more accurate for aho and people are saying 7 here????

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad