Speculation: Aho, Hurricanes discussing contract extension

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
With the contracts being handed out, if I were Aho I don't take anything less than $9mil over 8 years. He's their franchise guy, a PPG center on a team without other stars (other than like Turbo and soon to be Svech), the dump truck of money should be backed up for him.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
With the contracts being handed out, if I were Aho I don't take anything less than $9mil over 8 years. He's their franchise guy, a PPG center on a team without other stars (other than like Turbo and soon to be Svech), the dump truck of money should be backed up for him.
9 mill over eight would be a great deal for the canes. That's def not dump truck money . 9 over 5 maybe

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Hopefully he gets an offer sheet and away from this garbage franchise before they ruin him like Skinner and E. Staal.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Bobby Mac saying conversations with Faulk and Canes went "badly"....and after talks between Aho and Canes "nobody left happy".

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Bobby Mac saying conversations with Faulk and Canes went "badly"....and after talks between Aho and Canes "nobody left happy".
When Marner, Rantanen, Point, Tkachuk, werenski, Conner, Laine, etc... are all signed and Aho isn’t, I’ll start getting concerned.

Re: Faulk, I think the extension talks are a bit of a smokescreen. He makes $6m In real salary right now. He’d be crazy to sign an extension that didn’t include a raise before going to UFA. Canes would be nuts to give him a raise with Pesce, Hamilton, slavin, and deHann all signed long term.

I think extension talk was more about getting a feel for his asking price so teams know it if there is a trade

Reactions: DaveG

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
When Marner, Rantanen, Point, Tkachuk, werenski, Conner, Laine, etc... are all signed and Aho isn’t, I’ll start getting concerned.

Re: Faulk, I think the extension talks are a bit of a smokescreen. He makes $6m In real salary right now. He’d be crazy to sign an extension that didn’t include a raise before going to UFA. Canes would be nuts to give him a raise with Pesce, Hamilton, slavin, and deHann all signed long term.

I think extension talk was more about getting a feel for his asking price so teams know it if there is a trade
No problem....wasn't trying to stir the pot, just thought i would add Bob's quotes...he's a little more respected than Kipper. Bob never mentioned numbees, just that apparently Canes and Aho quite far apart to start.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'd love to know the true numbers here.

Aho could get 10 to 11M on a 8 year deal when looking at the recent market.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Over 10M for sure and more than Marner.
No chance... It's McDavid Matthews Marner. Other players... Someone fit to hold Marner's jock Someone not fit to do the same then somewhere after that Aho..
So I expect 9.5-9.75m :(

Aho > Marner :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad