AHL West Part II - ADK, MAN, NOR, OKC, & WOR

IceCapsFanNL

Nov 1, 2011
St. John's
I bet, You'll have those Calder Cup memories.... I won't forget that Eastern Conference Championship series in 2011-2012 ever. Hang tough bro.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
ZekeA, thank you for that. Many emotions in our arena tonight

"RandyC":

Very least I can do as I know the hurt and void that losing your team means as I have been there.

I at least could drive to WBS, Syracuse, and Hershey to watch AHL hockey, not the same but it helped to fill the void. for me........

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
One element of next season that still hasn't been resolved is where the American Hockey League franchise will call home.

Season-ticket holders have been given renewal forms, and there is every indication that the "A" in A-Devils will continue to stand for "Albany."

Yet there has been no annoucement of a contract renewal between the arena and New Jersey. With the season now ended, the five-year deal signed before the 2010-11 season has expired.

"Right now the biggest thing is collecting our thoughts and reflecting upon the season as it finished last night," Lamoriello said. "At the appropriate time we'll have an announcement on that situation, but right now we're status quo as far as where we've been at with that all this year. At the appropriate time there will be an announcement."

http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Devils-ponder-future-starting-at-A-6210400.php

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
Doesn't sound like he is in a hurry. Maybe he negotiated something with Worcester. :)

Two playoff appearances in 15 years is pitiful.....

Last edited:

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
I've been hearing that Lou is waiting to see what happens with Bridgeport and Hartford. If the Islanders do move the Sound Tigers to Long Island, MSG is going to jump into Bridgeport and Lou will likely move the Devils to Hartford.

That should make them in HFD happy.... *insert sarcasm*

RowdyFan42

Apr 22, 2015
Albany(-ish)
I've been hearing that Lou is waiting to see what happens with Bridgeport and Hartford. If the Islanders do move the Sound Tigers to Long Island, MSG is going to jump into Bridgeport and Lou will likely move the Devils to Hartford.

Depends on who you mean by "them". Anyone who actually knows what doom the Devils bring with them will be rightfully afraid. Whalers fans will celebrate the, um, "fact" that the big bad Rangers were run out of town, which means nothing can stop the NHL from bringing the Whalers back to Hartford. It'll happen any year now, you'll see. :D

Last edited:

Ahl comets

Jul 5, 2014

That is literally years away from happening.....

Nerdlinger

Hockey Noob
Mar 31, 2015
Not Vietnam

Forgive my ignorance, but when you say the Devils will move to Hartford, do you mean the Albany Devils or the New Jersey Devils themselves?

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014

Thats crazy, the Devils moving to Hartford for what reason??? The fans in Hartford would hate the Devils more then being a Rangers farm club. If the Rangers moved their AHL team to Albany that would make most sense. Albany NY is a Rangers market. If the Rangers farm team moved to Albany I am willing to bet you would see a dramatic rise in Albany's attendance. Unfortunately for Albany they will be stuck with the Devils or nothing, fortunately for the doubters on here who hate on Albany they wont have to eat crow lol. Right now though not sure whats happening with the Devils in Albany, looks like they are playing games with that city. Albany should kick them out and go dormant for a season, launch a serious campaign with city officials, state polticians, and get Albany as a Ranger affiliate!

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

DOUBTFUL, on both Bridgeport going to NCMVA, and MSG filling that spot w/ the Wolf*Pack, because if I heard correctly today, once the Islanders season ends, NCMVA WILL NEVER host hockey of any kind.... I equate it to the Devils bolting the IZOD Center when the Prudential Center, and where is that arena now, if non-existent now that Metlife stadium is the center of that arena complex.

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014
DOUBTFUL, on both Bridgeport going to NCMVA, and MSG filling that spot w/ the Wolf*Pack, because if I heard correctly today, once the Islanders season ends, NCMVA WILL NEVER host hockey of any kind.... I equate it to the Devils bolting the IZOD Center when the Prudential Center, and where is that arena now, if non-existent now that Metlife stadium is the center of that arena complex.

Dont ever use the the word "NEVER". Dont even count out the NCMVA even possibly hosting an ECHL franchise. Not saying its a sure thing but there has been talks of it. If there are prelimary talks of getting a minor league team in the building possibly in the ECHL, there could possibly be an AHL team as well. A season or two without hockey can easily change the hearts and minds of those suffering without a team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elliot Williams

Oct 6, 2008
New Hampshire
Went to the Manchester game last night, for "old time sake." Management is pretending nothing has happened! Since the "Monarchs" ECHL team is coming in to plug the hole (not!), they are simply marketing next season as if it is the same team. Kinda creepy.

Anyway, the Manchester powers that be really put one over on the "serious" fans. Easily could have captured another AHL team for the Verizon Wireless Center. Rumors are flying as to why they didn't. One thing seems sure. Current high ups keep their job (e.g., the president) with the AA Monarchs.

When I was a season ticket holder, they always told me only 1/3 of the crowd came to see the hockey game. 1/3 came out as a way to get out of the house with the kids. The other 1/3 were just there to go somewhere, might as well have been out bowling. They also get school groups, organizations, and so on at discount prices for a place to go. So they probably won't lose more than 1/3 their attendance with the ECHL. In three years' time, they will actually begin to lose money, probably. So they can reconsider then. The only people who "lose" are we hockey enthusiasts and NHL fans.

Nerdlinger

Hockey Noob
Mar 31, 2015
Not Vietnam
Went to the Manchester game last night, for "old time sake." Management is pretending nothing has happened! Since the "Monarchs" ECHL team is coming in to plug the hole (not!), they are simply marketing next season as if it is the same team. Kinda creepy.

Anyway, the Manchester powers that be really put one over on the "serious" fans. Easily could have captured another AHL team for the Verizon Wireless Center. Rumors are flying as to why they didn't. One thing seems sure. Current high ups keep their job (e.g., the president) with the AA Monarchs.

When I was a season ticket holder, they always told me only 1/3 of the crowd came to see the hockey game. 1/3 came out as a way to get out of the house with the kids. The other 1/3 were just there to go somewhere, might as well have been out bowling. They also get school groups, organizations, and so on at discount prices for a place to go. So they probably won't lose more than 1/3 their attendance with the ECHL. In three years' time, they will actually begin to lose money, probably. So they can reconsider then. The only people who "lose" are we hockey enthusiasts and NHL fans.

Manchester's powers-that-be are the Kings, who own them. How could they have prevented the AHL/ECHL swap with Ontario if it's what the Kings wanted?

Elliot Williams

Oct 6, 2008
New Hampshire
Manchester's powers-that-be are the Kings, who own them. How could they have prevented the AHL/ECHL swap with Ontario if it's what the Kings wanted?

Manchester (the city government) owns the area. Everyone (well, hockey fans who know the difference) is let down, and apparently from what I heard, feeling "betrayed". Meanwhile the "Monarchs" are pretending nothing has happened, and are marketing the 2015-2016 season that way. Monarchs are "still here" etc. etc.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Dont ever use the the word "NEVER". Dont even count out the NCMVA even possibly hosting an ECHL franchise. Not saying its a sure thing but there has been talks of it. If there are prelimary talks of getting a minor league team in the building possibly in the ECHL, there could possibly be an AHL team as well. A season or two without hockey can easily change the hearts and minds of those suffering without a team.

it needs to be rebuilt, if Nassau County rejected the Islanders proposal, why would Bridgeport go there, when there's a longer lease @ Webster, than XL, Nightsquad?

AFAIU, the hockey history will indeed end on the Island, once the Islanders move to Brooklyn

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Manchester (the city government) owns the area. Everyone (well, hockey fans who know the difference) is let down, and apparently from what I heard, feeling "betrayed". Meanwhile the "Monarchs" are pretending nothing has happened, and are marketing the 2015-2016 season that way. Monarchs are "still here" etc. etc.

The city government is probably just happy to have a tenant. As long as they are paying rent, they don't know the diff between Double and Triple A.

Rumblick

Nov 23, 2004
I - 78

As a fan who's been to Manchester numerous times and has a lot of friends in the area, I was pissed to see them leave, but I'm truly curious about this. What do you think the gov't (powers that be, as you've ID'ed them) could've done to stop this, and what team do you think could've come into Manchester to replace the Kings?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad