AHL West Part II - ADK, MAN, NOR, OKC, & WOR

Theoriginalalex

@3in3hockey
May 5, 2014
Staunton, VA
Board of Governors meeting May 9 where it's supposedly being voted on, but it's always announced a few weeks after the Cup is awarded, late June or early July.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Board of Governors meeting May 9 where it's supposedly being voted on, but it's always announced a few weeks after the Cup is awarded, late June or early July.

the annual discussion/rant about the schedule actually has to wait until the 4 franchises (SA/LE/MIL being three of those) have to wait until the NBA Schedule is released and usually around mid-August.

Rumblick

Nov 23, 2004
I - 78
Alignment doesn't matter. The California teams will only play themselves, the Midwestern teams will only play the midwestern teams and any team east of Cleveland will only play teams east of Cleveland. :sarcasm:

One minor correction - I do believe Charlotte is east of Cleveland (though not by a lot, hence the minor), and they'll be staying with the West. ;)

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
the annual discussion/rant about the schedule actually has to wait until the 4 franchises (SA/LE/MIL being three of those) have to wait until the NBA Schedule is released and usually around mid-August.

Who's the fourth? The Checkers are moving back to the Coliseum, IIRC.

Also, they have to wait for the NHL schedule (which comes out 1 1/2 to 2 months earlier than the NBA sked, IIRC) for the Barracuda and Moose.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Who's the fourth? The Checkers are moving back to the Coliseum, IIRC.

Also, they have to wait for the NHL schedule (which comes out 1 1/2 to 2 months earlier than the NBA sked, IIRC) for the Barracuda and Moose.

no, JW, the NBA Schedule takes precedence in the 3 shared arenas since the NBA franchises are technically the primary tenants.... only Manitoba has to wait for the Jets sked, but it's really not as relevant, since it's the same ownership running both.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
no, JW, the NBA Schedule takes precedence in the 3 shared arenas since the NBA franchises are technically the primary tenants.... only Manitoba has to wait for the Jets sked, but it's really not as relevant, since it's the same ownership running both.

I never said the NBA schedule didn't take precedence over the AHL schedule. I was asking who the fourth team (you said there were four but only named three) who needed to work around the NBA schedule was.

Also, why do the Moose need to wait on the Jets' schedule but not the Barracuda on the Sharks sked? Also, the Cavaliers and Spurs own two of the three AHL teams in NBA arenas, so I assume there can be a similar level of scheduling cooperation with the exception of the Bucks/Golden Eagles/Admirals, which I've heard is pretty acrimonious re: dates.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I never said the NBA schedule didn't take precedence over the AHL schedule. I was asking who the fourth team (you said there were four but only named three) who needed to work around the NBA schedule was.

Also, why do the Moose need to wait on the Jets' schedule but not the Barracuda on the Sharks sked? Also, the Cavaliers and Spurs own two of the three AHL teams in NBA arenas, so I assume there can be a similar level of scheduling cooperation with the exception of the Bucks/Golden Eagles/Admirals, which I've heard is pretty acrimonious re: dates.[/QUO

why are you being so argumentative, JW, IT makes this site less and less fun to come to:shakehead

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
Scheduling Predcessors:

NBA Schedule:

Lake Erie
San Antonio
Milwaukee

NHL Schedule:
San Jose
Manitoba

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I can't see Charlotte holding up when they're on an island like that.

Nerdlinger

Hockey Noob
Mar 31, 2015
Not Vietnam
I can't see Charlotte holding up when they're on an island like that.

If through future realignment, they were to manage to get into the Eastern Conference, I think that would help a lot. Also, if an AHL franchise winds up in Atlanta or Gwinnett, then the Checkers would have a ready-made rival.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Just go back and do it like they did it a few years ago. Two divisions with 8 teams and two divisions with 7 teams. The 5th place team in the conference with 8 teams can crossover into the conference with 7 teams for the playoffs if their record is better than the team in 4th place in the 7 team division.

Atlantic Conference

Bridgeport
Hartford
Portland
Providence
Springfield
St. John's
Charlotte

New York/Penn Conference

Albany
Binghamton
Syracuse
Utica
Hershey
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton
Lehigh Valley
Rochester

Great Lakes Conference

Chicago
Grand Rapids
Hamilton
Lake Erie
Toronto
Milwaukee
Iowa
Rockford

Western Conference

San Antonio
Texas
Bakersfield
Ontario
San Diego
Stockton
San Jose

Nailed the **** out of the Western Conference. Obviously posted before Winnipeg announced they were moving from St. John's to Winnipeg.

Made no sense to keep the 6 divisions when there were a bunch of teams together that made sense to group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->