Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Wins 5-3: Caufield SZN Has Begun! (2 goals & 1 assist In His Debut)

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I really want Bouchard coaching the Habs asap. Better not let another org snag him up.
Why not just give him 2 million a year to stay in the AHL and develop our prospects? Molson can easily afford that and he is clearly doing an outstanding job and worth it. We don't need MB handing the job to Frankie Bouillon when Bouchard gets snapped up by another team.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Why not just give him 2 million a year to stay in the AHL and develop our prospects? Molson can easily afford that and he is clearly doing an outstanding job and worth it. We don't need MB handing the job to Frankie Bouillon when Bouchard gets snapped up by another team.
If another team comes calling with an NHL job, I don't know if money would make him turn it down.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
In an expanding profit sharing league, with expansion drafts and an ever limited pool to draft from? You might want to have the best developmental program on the planet. It’s not “Rocket” science... lmao.

Last edited:

NicRattlehead

Mar 5, 2021
Houston, TX
You don't think this happens at the highest levels? You are naive. You only have to look at the Canadians management to see French nepotism has been going on for decades.
I probably am lol. But I think it depends on the context or your point of view.

If it makes you mad and you believe it has been going on for decades why do you cheer for the Habs? I’m not being sarcastic at all. Genuine curiosity.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
In an expanding profit sharing league, with expansion drafts and a ever limited pool to draft from? You might want to have the best developmental program on the planet. It’s not “Rocket” science... lmao.
It is the only way to ensure long term success, it's why so many of us were jumping up and down and screaming about Lefebvre keeping his job while developing no one . At the very least, a good AHL program should ensure that an organization never needs to go shopping in free agency to solidify its bottom 6. There is nothing that compares to bringing young players into a well run program, it's crucial.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Oh, did I say how much I'd like to have Jordan Weal back in Laval next year?

not me, I'd rather have a better AHLer, Weal trys to do too much on his own. Since I'm not expecting Caufield to there, I'd like to see us get a scorer like Terry, Hudon, etc...

RHP is playing top minutes because he earned them from game 1 and probably day 1 of the camp, kid just looks like a Gallagher clone out there, so consistent in his efforts...

Teasdale is playing incredible hockey as well...

Ouellet, Veilleux are AHL vets so I dont get your point here, there is no bias towards the "Q" guys, they all have earned their minutes big time and deserves their ice time.

That's the thing though, how did RHP earn it when they had like a week of practice? There was no playoffs and they said the focus was going to be on development, so shouldn't a high 2nd round pick in Ylonen or if Timmins had his way Hillis would have been a 2nd rounder as well. Brook as a 2nd rounder, shouldn't they be the guys they look to develop the most? Not undrafted FA's like Schueneman or 7th round picks like RHP?

It was the same with Alain, the guy had no business starting the season on the 2nd line, so why did he start there and why did he end the season on the 4th line? Clearly Bouchard made a mistake and he corrected it. All coaches make mistakes, and he fixed his which is what you want to see. I complained about it at the time, and I said good move when he fixed it.

RHP is different as he clearly works much harder and is very involved in the pla and it was the right call as RHP started off great but when he had 2 goals in 18 games, he could have looked to get Hillis more time then just a few mins on the 4th line. While winning is great, with no playoffs I just would like to see Hillis get more of a chance, nothing wrong with that.

I said nothing about Ouellet and Veilleux as Ouellet is on the 3rd pairing so what's there to complain about? Veilleux worked his way up the lineup, he's earned it for sure and I want to see him brought back. Teasdale is looking like a very good pickup by Bouchard so good work there.

There's nothing wrong with pointing things out we don't like. I don't like Brook not getting PP time, as I'd like to see him get steady work there, not every 2nd PP in place of Fleury though at least he started getting top PP time now that Leskinen is up and Fleury injured.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
I probably am lol. But I think it depends on the context or your point of view.

If it makes you mad and you believe it has been going on for decades why do you cheer for the Habs? I’m not being sarcastic at all. Genuine curiosity.
I have been a Habs fan for over fifty years, I tried to change but my heart is with the Habs.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Sign him now, don't wait for that to happen, be proactive!

You mean, don't take as long as it took to land two potential or actual top 6 centers and as long as it's still taking to find a first pairing LD? :skeptic:

Last edited:
Reactions: OldCraig71

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Meh...it's not the same league. He'll get hit at some point...but it's not going to hamper him much. He has a sniping bullet so he can score from the perimeter.
The NHL is violent. Much more than AHL. People here think opp0site. It is not true. A 4th line guy in NHL is a very good hockey player and will kill you.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The NHL is violent. Much more than AHL. People here think opp0site. It is not true. A 4th line guy in NHL is a very good hockey player and will kill you.
I have no clue how violent the AHL is, all I know is there has never been a better time to be a small forward in the NHL.
Of course, hockey remains a violent sport where checks and fights happen, but you can't compare to Howe days.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I agree with your sentiment but I would not be particular about his role -- just don't lose him.
He can also GM a team. He was the GM for Team Canada - the gold-winning team and I think the silver-winning team of the previous year. He has an excellent hockey mind.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
For the first time ever, I decided to start a PGT for the Rocket!

Hobey Baker? Check
Pro Debut? Check
Score 1st pro goal? Check
1st pro assist? Check
Score 2nd pro goal? Check
Named 1st star in Pro Debut? Check

Never mind all that. Does he end up with a girlfriend, in the end? :D

We're coming from a place where posters have or have had Romanian girlfriends from the Kabana and exotic Japanese life partners. Cole has to deliver on this front, otherwise, it'll be just list of incomplete scenarios. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

JC Superstar

Aug 7, 2013
Never mind all that. Does he end up with a girl, in the end? :D

We're coming from a place where posters have or have had Romanian girlfriends from the Kabana and exotic Japanese life partners. Cole has to deliver on this front, otherwise, it'll be a just list of incomplete scenarios. :sarcasm:

Nah ... The problem isn't the girl, it's that he didn't fight. Missed a Gordie Howe hat trick though he didn't get to play against his nemesis Nick Petan.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Nah ... The problem isn't the girl, it's that he didn't fight. Missed a Gordie Howe hat trick though he didn't get to play against his nemesis Nick Petan.

Nah ... it's always in the eyes of the beerholder.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
That Bouchard is giving privilege to Quebec players. The kind of call that we see often on this board and that puts you on my ignore list!! If you’re stupid enough to think that an NHL/AhL coach will put the team success in jeopardy by playing a lesser player just because he’s prioritizing the nationality, i don’t even want to ear your opinion.

Yeah really, right? I mean what NHL club would only hire a coach or GM from a certain geographical region to appease the media from that geographical region? Insanity!

del17

Dec 26, 2015
Bouchard will get another role with the habs great evaluator of talent and how to use him see him more gum. Great start for Caufield developing nice we will have a good 3rd 4th liner in Poehling when ready not at center

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
not me, I'd rather have a better AHLer, Weal trys to do too much on his own. Since I'm not expecting Caufield to there, I'd like to see us get a scorer like Terry, Hudon, etc...
If he's going to be replaced by an even better player, obviously, I will not complain. I'd imagine there are not many centers better than Weal at this level. I think a #1C is a bigger need for Laval next year than a scoring winger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad