Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Wins 5-3: Caufield SZN Has Begun! (2 goals & 1 assist In His Debut)

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Teasdale for sure as he started on the 3rd line and worked his way up. RHP not so much, though he did a really good job with it, but when he struggled badly to score goals and was on the top line and PP, they could have looked to work Hillis in more somehow imo. I have said countless times I fully trust Bouchard and that he's my favorite AHL coach, when posters were bashing him so much up until this year, I stuck up for him. That doesn't mean I agree with everything he does.

I had no problem with him putting RHP out there in place of Caufield with the open net. I did however question the Alain move, RHP getting 1st line out of the gate though he was right and I was wrong since RHP started off so great. But then when he wasn't scoring they could have looked to get Hillis in a little more since he had not played a game in over a year. He's a top 15 prospect for us no matter where he was drafted (I think they should be looking at that, if they that Timmins is one of the top scouts, and if they don't then he should be replaced). So if the organization trusts Timmins then his top picks should get playing time over a 25 year old undrafted undersized blueliner imo. Or a 7th round pick if he's struggling to score goals on the top line/PP. Look at Ylonen, starts on the 2nd line but earned his way up to the top line and never looked back. Poehling as well, Teasdale.

I just don't see the harm in questioning some of the moves he makes and that's from one of his biggest supporters on this site.

I can name you 15 kids I have over Hillis and it doesn't mean Timmins should go as he drafted most of them...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad