Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket vs. Manitoba Moose (Laval With a Big Win: 4-1)

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Dauphin.....finally. Kid is struggling big time, let's hope it gets him going.

Good job Flipper.

Reactions: montreal

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Hudon works his butt off. I wonder if Bergie didn't tell him that he'd tried to pass him on a package before deadline.

Or he's just a professionnal who just works hard.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
good to see Dauphin get one, need more from him but they are also going to have to find a way to get goals from anywhere aside from the top line as it can't be just that line scoring every night.

Tonight and tomorrow are must wins or as close to as you can get, they badly need to get 4 pts this weekend and tomorrow needs to be in regulation.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I really like that Bouchard gives I've time to the prospects.

I still remember reading @montreal 's posts from 2012 about how Hagel and Stortini got tons of PP time.

That's basically what it came down to. Journeymen AHLers frustrated they have a smaller role on the team and mailing it in.

KK and Evans have basically been used in every situation tonight. Brook and Fleury too.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Hudon works his butt off. I wonder if Bergie didn't tell him that he'd tried to pass him on a package before deadline.

If I recall, Hudon said at the start of the year when he was sent down to Laval that he was told by management and Bouchard that it's in his best interest to work hard and play well because there are always eyes on the games.

He also said that last year he was not happy being a healthy scratch and never getting to play in Montreal. He said that he decided that he shouldn't stress over these things and he's having fun again.

And it shows.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I really like that Bouchard gives I've time to the prospects.

I still remember reading @montreal 's posts from 2012 about how Hagel and Stortini got tons of PP time.

It drove me f***ing nuts when he took Leblanc off the PP and replaced him with Maxime Macenauer. I'm like what the actual f*** are you doing, you have the worst PP and are one of the worst teams and you replace him with no talent grinders. Between those years watching Hamilton and these past few years with MB, Molson, and Julien, I figure I am owed at least a cup or two from the Habs at some point for all the grief they have caused me. :(

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
It drove me f*cking nuts when he took Leblanc off the PP and replaced him with Maxime Macenauer. I'm like what the actual f*ck are you doing, you have the worst PP and are one of the worst teams and you replace him with no talent grinders. Between those years watching Hamilton and these past few years with MB, Molson, and Julien, I figure I am owed at least a cup or two from the Habs at some point for all the grief they have caused me. :(

My biggest beef with Lefebvre, and I had a lot (even though my position in the Timmins thread) was his usage of his goaltending....His infatuation with Robert Mayer in his first 2 years drove me nuts....

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
While i didn't care for the goal that Primeau gave up as I thought he should of had it, I do like how Laval has looked and especially Kotka. He had one shift where he was skating with the puck and the moose player put his stick on him and he just shrugged it off and skated it out. When I saw that I thought to myself he's clearly got more confidence down here, although getting 10 pts in 9 games will do that.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
While i didn't care for the goal that Primeau gave up as I thought he should of had it, I do like how Laval has looked and especially Kotka. He had one shift where he was skating with the puck and the moose player put his stick on him and he just shrugged it off and skated it out. When I saw that I thought to myself he's clearly got more confidence down here, although getting 10 pts in 9 games will do that.

I've noticed something that's pretty particular to this subforum for some reason, which is to basically deny how important it is for these players to be allowed to learn and make mistakes from 18-23.

Justin Bourne, a former NCAA/ECHler, and son of Islanders Bob Bourne, had a great article in the Athletic about the importance of development.

I think it might allow some people not to have to think about the problem as a complex one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad