Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket vs. Manitoba Moose (Laval With a Big Win: 4-1)

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
after the way Primeau played tonight he has to play and McNiven was shaky in his only start so I don't think Bouchard trusts him which is why I think he gave Kinkaid one more start but now I wonder if Kindkaid is finally done and he'll give a game to McNiven soon if Primeau falters as at this point we are in playoff mode so they need to ride Primeau until he struggles.

10/10 run-on sentence buddy !

Reactions: 417 and montreal

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Brook played his best game in a while.

He did. He usually makes me nauseous. Today, I had to check twice who was this guy breaking up plays in the neutral zone. Hope he's just a slow learner.

Poehling and Fleury a little more invisible.

Well, in Fleury's case that's probably a positive :sarcasm:. I think Poehling was ok. He helped to move the play in the right direction and prevent the opposition from doing the same. Considering how he was playing earlier, that's good enough for now.

Lynch and Dauphin both played real well, too.

Lynch is basically a perfect bottom-six player at the AHL level. I've always felt Dauphin could be an effective player and better than McCarron. Shame it takes so long to figure out proper line combinations and system.

Very happy they traded away those rotten apples.

We'll see how it goes from now on, but yeah, the didn't seem to be buying in. I thought Varone-Barber combo was a tire fire defensively the whole season. Perhaps it was the effort level that was the cause.

Hopefully, they do the same with Peca. Guy's play is just shameful. He was the only one not pulling his weight tonight, consistently making lazy mistakes, losing battles. I really have a dislike for that player.

I would fire him off a cannon. Complete waste of space. I heard he plays the piano well. Should stick to that.

MB would need to keep Thompson, but that's an easy decision: how many more 4th and 5th round picks do we need ? Knowing him, he'll do choose the dumb decision and let Laval sink.

That's what I was thinking as well. Assuming the Habs don't intend to use Domi at center (they shouldn't, imo) because of Tatar being traded of whatever reason, we only have Danault and Suzuki. Unless we want to force the youth into that roles again, someone needs to be brought in.

I'd still move Thompson. I think he's the kind of guy who would be open to re-signing even after we move him. And there should be other options as well. Also, I hope Evans will get a chance to steal the #4C spot at training camp.

I think that Kotkaniemi might be getting stone hands due to not having scored. It will keep going until he scores a few.

The goals will come. He's one of the best players out there and he's getting looks all the time. He also looks like the most talented player on the ice easily.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
He did. He usually makes me nauseous. Today, I had to check twice who was this guy breaking up plays in the neutral zone. Hope he's just a slow learner.

Well, in Fleury's case that's probably a positive :sarcasm:. I think Poehling was ok. He helped to move the play in the right direction and prevent the opposition from doing the same. Considering how he was playing earlier, that's good enough for now.

Lynch is basically a perfect bottom-six player at the AHL level. I've always felt Dauphin could be an effective player and better than McCarron. Shame it takes so long to figure out proper line combinations and system.

We'll see how it goes from now on, but yeah, the didn't seem to be buying in. I thought Varone-Barber combo was a tire fire defensively the whole season. Perhaps it was the effort level that was the cause.

I would fire him off a cannon. Complete waste of space.

That's what I was thinking as well. Assuming the Habs don't intend to use Domi at center (they shouldn't, imo) because of Tatar being traded of whatever reason, we only have Danault and Suzuki. Unless we want to force the youth into that roles again, someone needs to be brought in.

I'd still move Thompson. I think he's the kind of guy who would be open to re-signing even after we move him. And there should be other options as well. Also, I hope Evans will get a chance to steal the #4C spot at training camp.

The goals will come. He's one of the best players out there and he's getting looks all the time. He also looks like the most talented player on the ice easily.

Peca being shot out of a cannon is music to my ears.

It's a pet peeve of mine, can't stand pouters and lazy bums.

HelloBellyvo

Jul 2, 2019
after the way Primeau played tonight he has to play and McNiven was shaky in his only start so I don't think Bouchard trusts him which is why I think he gave Kinkaid one more start but now I wonder if Kindkaid is finally done and he'll give a game to McNiven soon if Primeau falters as at this point we are in playoff mode so they need to ride Primeau until he struggles.
I'm out of breath after reading that sentence!

Reactions: DAChampion

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Translation:

JB: The guys worked very hard. I felt they had pride. I feel like since Providence, we've been playing better. Maybe we didn't get a win at first, then we got a point, an then you end up winning one. Happy for the guys.

Q: Karl Alzner has been called up. First off, from the human side, how do you react to that.

JB: I told you guys last year I loved him 12/10. This year it's 14/10. The way he conducts himself in front of the young guys, in front of adversity. He's a consummate pro. It's also what he brings on the ice. It's not just he's nice to everyone. He gives it his all. He blocks shots. He works hard at practice. He's a competitor. We will watch the game. The guys cheered when I announced the news in the room.

Q: Now there are defensemen missing. There are six in Montreal and six in Laval. That's it. Where will the defensemen come from?

JB: We'll play Culkin and Halbert tomorrow. After that, Marc and his group will do their job. Mine is only to coach.

Q: The puzzle is never complete, right?

JB: In the AHL, it never does. But right now even in the NHL it doesn't. Look, right now, we have enough to start tomorrow. As for the rest, we'll see what will happen.

Q: Talk to us about the newcomers. We didn't get to see Blandisi much as he got hurt. What can you tell us about his situation. And also about Lucchini.

JB: I really liked Lucchini's game. For a guy who spent the last two days prepping for the trade and coming here without knowing the system, I really liked his energy and intensity. As for Blandisi, we'll wait to evaluate. But the little he played, I enjoyed his fire, his intensity. I think the fans liked him after a few shifts. But his injury, those are things you can't control. We finished the game with 5 defensemen and 11 forwards. We play tomorrow at 3PM. That is our reality.

Q: Tomorrow at 3PM, did you already make your choice for starter in goal?

JB: Cayden. He had some rest during the week. We kept the door open depending on how much workload he'd have tonight. We'll also see how he reacts to this challenge. He played a solid game, but he wasn't overcharged tonight either.

Q: Do you think he's reached that point in his development, where he can play two in a row? At the start, you were talking about baby steps and sharing the load.

JB: Truth is, he didn't play during the week. If he played on Wednesday, he wouldn't play tomorrow. He was given time to rest after last weekend's games. We managed his energy this week with the possibility he'd play back-to-back in mind.
You can see we are on play-the-young-kids mode right now. We are giving quality ice time to Kotkaniemi, Poehling, Primeau, Vejdemo, Evans, Alain... we're playing them in all situations. I like the environment they have created. I like the fact they click and stuck together through our recent adversity.

Q: It must be fun to see someone like Dauphin play a great game.

JB: Tabarn... It's about time you talk about him. Because that guy, I feel like he's progressed a lot in the last three weeks. His engagement and his on-ice play. He missed so many chances in the last few games. He doesn't give up. I am very proud of him. This last stretch where we went through adversity, I saw a side of him I never saw in him. He's become fiery. It's a side I never saw in him, even when he was in Junior. I'm very happy he got rewarded tonight with a goal.

Q: It seems Jake Evans has a lot of confidence. You must be happy because at practice you always tell him to shoot, shoot, shoot.

JB: During games I tell him the same things. Some players, they go to the NHL and realize that it's tough and come back impacted and their confidence takes a hit. Other players go there and have some success and they realize that they are not that far off. When the season started, no one thought Jake would play NHL games this year. But that seems to give him a bit of a swagger and confidence. My, I push him to keep his confidence. But I can tell you there were two mistakes he made and when he came back to the bench, I didn't let it slide. I was on him. He still has room for improvement.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Was at the game yesterday right behind the bench.
Fleury looks like a giant with a baby face. It's so funny.

Bouchard and his assistants are great behind the bench. They talk non stop to their players and make sure that they understand each play.
Kotkaniemi is skilled af but it's obvious that Bouchard sees a lot of things in his game that needs to be fixed. Talked to him every 3 shifts about something. Good news is that KK seems invested aswell.
Poehling seems anger to learn aswell, it shows that the kid wants to take his hockey IQ to the next level. Maybe the player that asked the most questions to coaches instead of waiting for them to point out mistakes.

Other than that on a negative note, Olofsson was terrible and looked gas by the start of the 2nd... maybe it's the effect of 2 season out on his conditioning but who knows.

Peca doesn't want to be there anymore. Mistake and forced plays and wasnt even listening to the coaches or asking question back.

Brook was the best D and I was impressed, hopes he keep it up.

Evans is NHL ready. Dominates every shift out there. Smart, fast, good IQ, coaches adore him.

Hudon is having fun. Good news.
Alzner being a good vet on the bench and on the ice, acts like a dad out there lol.

Place Bell is amazing and the overall experience is great. 10/10 would go back but I have to do a 7hours drive ...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Was at the game yesterday right behind the bench.
Fleury looks like a giant with a baby face. It's so funny.

Bouchard and his assistants are great behind the bench. They talk non stop to their players and make sure that they understand each play.
Kotkaniemi is skilled af but it's obvious that Bouchard sees a lot of things in his game that needs to be fixed. Talked to him every 3 shifts about something. Good news is that KK seems invested aswell.
Poehling seems anger to learn aswell, it shows that the kid wants to take his hockey IQ to the next level. Maybe the player that asked the most questions to coaches instead of waiting for them to point out mistakes.

Other than that on a negative note, Olofsson was terrible and looked gas by the start of the 2nd... maybe it's the effect of 2 season out on his conditioning but who knows.

Peca doesn't want to be there anymore. Mistake and forced plays and wasnt even listening to the coaches or asking question back.

Brook was the best D and I was impressed, hopes he keep it up.

Evans is NHL ready. Dominates every shift out there. Smart, fast, good IQ, coaches adore him.

Hudon is having fun. Good news.
Alzner being a good vet on the bench and on the ice, acts like a dad out there lol.

Place Bell is amazing and the overall experience is great. 10/10 would go back but I have to do a 7hours drive ...

Thanks for this. And I would agree on everything you say based on the games I watch and the reports we get from those following the team closely.

And Place Bell is a fun and affordable environment.

Reactions: domiwroze

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad