Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket vs. Manitoba Moose (Laval With a Big Win: 4-1)

HelloBellyvo

Jul 2, 2019
Whew..my nails are intact!
Yeah great game,
We win...that's so nice to say...just rolls off the tongue
Need to say that more often.

Reactions: DAChampion

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Great game by Laval.

Very happy they traded away those rotten apples.

Hopefully, they do the same with Peca. Guy's play is just shameful. He was the only one not pulling his weight tonight, consistently making lazy mistakes, losing battles. I really have a dislike for that player.

Very encouraging signs from Brook too.

I'm torn on Evans. On one hand, I feel he fully deserves a call up. On the other, I feel both he and JK would benefit way more from playing the rest of the stretch with Laval, hopefully making the playoffs.

MB would need to keep Thompson, but that's an easy decision: how many more 4th and 5th round picks do we need ? Knowing him, he'll do choose the dumb decision and let Laval sink.

Reactions: DAChampion

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Great game by Laval.

Hopefully, they do the same with Peca. Guy's play is just shameful. He was the only one not pulling his weight tonight, consistently making lazy mistakes, losing battles. I really have a dislike for that player.

I'm torn on Evans. On one hand, I feel he fully deserves a call up. On the other, I feel both he and JK would benefit way more from playing the rest of the stretch with Laval, hopefully making the playoffs.

MB would need to keep Thompson, but that's an easy decision: how many more 4th and 5th round picks do we need ? Knowing him, he'll do choose the dumb decision and let Laval sink.
Habs season is lost...give the kids a chance in Laval with a good playoff run

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Damn fine effort. Evans is fun to watch

Guy is so smart. He's come a long way from his last NCAA season. I mean, he was good, but watching him in the playoffs I had my doubts he could ever find success in the pros.

I was wrong, he really improved his strength and speed. But it's the consistency Im most impressed by. He has outstanding habits on the ice.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Great game by Laval.

Evans should finish the season in Laval in my opinion. Let a prospect simmer and dominate for once.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Evans should finish the season in Laval in my opinion. Let a prospect simmer and dominate for once.

And both he and KK are really starting to dominate.

KK might not have scored yet, but he's come close a number of times, almost every game. He could have had more points with a bit more puck luck. They're really clicking with Hudon, it would be so dumb to break that line up.

I have 0 doubt Bouchard won't. It's our idiot GM that worries me. He's such a damn clown I always expect the wrong decision to be made.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
And both he and KK are really starting to dominate.

KK might not have scored yet, but he's come close a number of times, almost every game. He could have had more points with a bit more puck luck. They're really clicking with Hudon, it would be so dumb to break that line up.

I have 0 doubt Bouchard won't. It's our idiot GM that worries me. He's such a damn clown I always expect the wrong decision to be made.

I think that Kotkaniemi might be getting stone hands due to not having scored. It will keep going until he scores a few.

Reactions: Andrei79

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
What seems to be clear is the fans love watching prospects. The threads are active and people are going to the arena filling the stands.

Watching them is a lot of fun and Bouchard puts them in positions to succeed.

I wish management started taking the AHL and the other minor leagues more seriously.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Im so happy that Evans scored. He was already the first star of the game in my opinion, unless it's Primeau.

Lynch !!

Forgot about Primeau. I always feel confident when he's out there. I really get the Price comparisons, they really do play a lot alike.

(I'm still a Price fan, if the Habs weren't a train wreck defensively his numbers would be great).

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
finally a f***ing win, what a brutal stretch they were on but at least they get the 2 pts as you don't want to get more then 4 or so points out. Tomorrow though is a huge game and it's in 16 1/2 hours so not a lot of time to rest and they have 2 more injuries. Looks like Culkin will have to play. It could be several weeks before they get help from guys like Hillis, Ylonen, etc.. depending on what the prospects teams do in the playoffs or who else is coming over or turning pro.

Good game from Primeau, Evans, Kotka, Brook, for sure. Need to get Vejdemo going as he's gone ice cold with just 2 pts in his last 15 games after getting 16 pts in 27 games.

But with Barber, Ouellet, Leskinen, gone or injured Laval is missing 3 of it's top 5 scorers. Thankfully they sent Evans back as without him I think you could kiss the playoff hopes goodbye.

Also need Poehling to get going, since being sent back down, 6-0-0-0 -1

Here's the season numbers for Poehling and Kotka,

Poehling - 32-5-7-12 -3 6 pims
Kotka - 9-0-10-10 -2 12 pims

Fleury has been a plus player in just 1 of his 10 games this year, he's been a minus player in 7 of 10 games.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Honest question, am I allowed to give away 1 ticket on here? I bought one to tms game but cant go. SeatGeek wont let me return it since I don't have an American acc

Marlies @ rocket

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Honest question, am I allowed to give away 1 ticket on here? I bought one to tms game but cant go. SeatGeek wont let me return it since I don't have an American acc

Marlies @ rocket

Just 1 ? Id take them if you had another pair.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Primeau will start again tomorrow.

I would really like to see McNiven get some starts. But I understand that they want to go with their #1 in this playoff push.

after the way Primeau played tonight he has to play and McNiven was shaky in his only start so I don't think Bouchard trusts him which is why I think he gave Kinkaid one more start but now I wonder if Kindkaid is finally done and he'll give a game to McNiven soon if Primeau falters as at this point we are in playoff mode so they need to ride Primeau until he struggles.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
after the way Primeau played tonight he has to play and McNiven was shaky in his only start so I don't think Bouchard trusts him which is why I think he gave Kinkaid one more start but now I wonder if Kindkaid is finally done and he'll give a game to McNiven soon if Primeau falters as at this point we are in playoff mode so they need to ride Primeau until he struggles.

I will be surprised if Kinkaid plays again. Like you, I think they'll ride with Primeau in the playoff hunt. And give McNiven a few games here and there or if Primeau really struggles.

But tonight, he played a lot more like the Primeau from the start of the year.

Reactions: HelloBellyvo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->