Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket vs. Manitoba Moose (Laval With a Big Win: 4-1)

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I personally can't wait to see KK with Caufield , in a few years they could be a top 10 duo in this league. I see what he does at the AHL level and can't help but believe it will translate with Caufield. His playmaking vision and his offensive IQ are very good , he just needs to fill out and he also needs a pure shooter by his side, (ideally Caufield once he makes the team).

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I personally can't wait to see KK with Caufield , in a few years they could be a top 10 duo in this league. I see what he does at the AHL level and can't help but believe it will translate with Caufield.

And don't forget Suzuki. So if it doesn't click with Kotkaniemi, it will click with Suzuki.

Although Caufield has specifically mentioned Kotkaniemi as someone he can't wait to play with.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
And don't forget Suzuki. So if it doesn't click with Kotkaniemi, it will click with Suzuki.

Although Caufield has specifically mentioned Kotkaniemi as someone he can't wait to play with.

Suzuki is the kind of player that can carry a line in my opinion (a rare skill among Habs players) , Caufield needs a taller playmaker and Kotkaniemi thrives with pure snipers by his side. I can see the Habs doubling down on Drouin and having him play with Suzuki , while eventually having KK and Caufield together. Knowing this franchise it probably won't ever happen...:help:

It would be great if they make that paper transaction to send Suzuki to the AHL so he's eligible for the AHL playoffs. Having KK,Suzuki and perhaps even Caufield might be a Calder run from 2007 all over again.

Last edited:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Really liked that period. I hope it's a sign of things to come. It felt like the players went in the same direction, which is tough to do when you have guys like Varone who basically didn't care for zone exits or 1 on 1 battles.

They played against each other before in the gold medal U18 game. KK was dominant , I'm guessing he left an impact.

HelloBellyvo

Jul 2, 2019

It will be interesting to see what the dynamic will be.
Could be interesting times!

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
He's definitely improving (KK). Can't complain how they've managed either him or Evans.

I thought Brook was pretty good that period too.

I find the AHL team has been well managed , there issues can be explained with disapointing AHL vets (both previously top 10 point getters) , Kinkaid playing like a 3rd string ECHLer and Habs facing injuries/pilfering Laval for players , really ruined any chance at the team having chemistry. Despite all that perhaps they squeak into the playoffs and Caufield/Suzuki can contribute with KK/Evans/Hudon/Primeau.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad