Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket vs. Manitoba Moose (Laval Loses 5-4 in the Shootout)

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
That loss is solely on the guy who iced the puck with 33 seconds left. I didn’t see who it was, but if he’d just got to centre, they would’ve won.

Didn't see the game, but that's harsh.

What if Laval had scored another ? What if the centre man didn't lose ? What if people were in the right position?

They lost because the team sucks.

Reactions: jaffy27

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Only two teams in the entire AHL have less ROW than Laval has this season so far.

When you only manage 17 ROW in 54GP - you suck. Just no other way of looking at it.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
The main positive for me as that first line.

I love what Hudon-KK-Evans are doing. They play each shift to win.

Some of the veterans however are pathetic. Well, Poehlings hard to watch too, but the mistakes guys like Barber, Varone and Peca are making are just unacceptable. As someone who's detail oriented, I can't stand these clowns.

Reactions: montreal

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Amazing :laugh::laugh:

On a side note it's really terrible that Hudon's goal scoring prowess doesn't translate at the NHL level. I wonder if he ends up finding his game in Ottawa like all the other local players with a bone to pick with the Habs...:sarcasm:
How could it possibly translate? I like Hudson’s game even still, but he’s never been given much leeway in the big leagues. Developing Cousins, Thompson, Weiss, Weal seems to be more important. I think Hudson could excel on the 3rd/4th line eating up poor competition along with being a contributor on the 2nd PP wave.

kid his skills/smarts, but his skating/strength has always been a concern, he can’t be a top 6 imo, but once he knows that I think he could adjust his game to help the team for 12-15 minutes a night. Many games I watched I felt he generated the most opportunities of all his line mates but quickly fell out of favour.

Reactions: zx81 and montreal

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
2.6M over two years bought MB 3 NHL goals and 10 NHL points.
But he was undersized, undrafted, and played for Tampa. He was the next Goude/Johnson/St-Louis/Conacher/blabla. It doesn't matter they, with their supremely talented scouting staff, didn't tender him a QO.

Reactions: montreal

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
How could it possibly translate? I like Hudson’s game even still, but he’s never been given much leeway in the big leagues. Developing Cousins, Thompson, Weiss, Weal seems to be more important. I think Hudson could excel on the 3rd/4th line eating up poor competition along with being a contributor on the 2nd PP wave.

kid his skills/smarts, but his skating/strength has always been a concern, he can’t be a top 6 imo, but once he knows that I think he could adjust his game to help the team for 12-15 minutes a night. Many games I watched I felt he generated the most opportunities of all his line mates but quickly fell out of favour.

I'm very surprised to see you write that. I thought that you were of the view that where a player ends up is up to the player.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Kotkaniemi had a real good game.

Even if he didn't put up any points, Poehling also had a good game.

Evans really gave KK and Hudon the element needed to be as effective a line can be in the AHL. Easier to have chemistry than when you play with Lynch or Cox when Evans was up with Montreal.

Reactions: HelloBellyvo

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I'm very surprised to see you write that. I thought that you were of the view that where a player ends up is up to the player.
Not 100% of the time. Gotta have the tools, I feel Hudon has a fair bit to work with. I’m not a huge fan of Juliens deployments with respect to young players. Where I think the criticism is over the top is when ppl go from one extreme to the next. Kk is rushed etc, but in the next sentence saying he should be in the top 6.

I do feel the majority of the time it is up to the layer to push his way up the lineup, but hudon hasn’t been given a shot at all in the lineup. I also think Eller should have been given an extended look with patches instead of dd and he might be a different player today, but I find those examples rare.

Jul 6, 2016
Not 100% of the time. Gotta have the tools, I feel Hudon has a fair bit to work with. I’m not a huge fan of Juliens deployments with respect to young players. Where I think the criticism is over the top is when ppl go from one extreme to the next. Kk is rushed etc, but in the next sentence saying he should be in the top 6.

I do feel the majority of the time it is up to the layer to push his way up the lineup, but hudon hasn’t been given a shot at all in the lineup. I also think Eller should have been given an extended look with patches instead of dd and he might be a different player today, but I find those examples rare.

No way. lol !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad