Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket vs. Manitoba Moose (Laval Loses 5-4 in the Shootout)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
ERJOhFJX0AIHfnC.jpg

News & Notes

- Keith Kinkaid will get the start.

- Jake Evans was sent down and will play tonight next to Kotkaniemi & Hudon.

- Christian Folin was sent down but called back up due to Mete's injury.

- Gustav Olofsson won't play tonight due to the flu.

- Laval signed defenseman Nathanael Halbert to a PTO and will play tonight.​

HelloBellyvo

Jul 2, 2019
ONline Radio Box
91.9 Sport - CKLX-FM is a broadcast radio station in Montreal, Quebec, France,
Huh, what's that:huh:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I totally get why Bouchard is frustrated with his vets.

Unacceptable by Varone to miss a zone exit like that.

And Poehling, holy crap is his play concerning. Does he do anything other than chase the play ? He looks like he has no hockey IQ right now. No second effort either. I have 0 patience for prospects who pout because they get sent down. And that kind of lack of insight about his game is frankly concerning. Let's hope it's just a maturity thing.

JennyHockey

Feb 17, 2020
I totally get why Bouchard is frustrated with his vets.

Unacceptable by Varone to miss a zone exit like that.

And Poehling, holy crap is his play concerning. Does he do anything other than chase the play ? He looks like he has no hockey IQ right now. No second effort either. I have 0 patience for prospects who pout because they get sent down. And that kind of lack of insight about his game is frankly concerning. Let's hope it's just a maturity thing.
Sadly for Poehling , he was a late draft pick and i dont see any upside from him except on a 4th line and MAYBE 3rd liner. To be honest i would use him in a bigger trade as bait.
He's been pretty average in college years , bad in the nhl and terrible in the AHL. hes already 21.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Sadly for Poehling , he was a late draft pick and i dont see any upside from him except on a 4th line and MAYBE 3rd liner. To be honest i would use him in a bigger trade as bait.
He's been pretty average in college years , bad in the nhl and terrible in the AHL. hes already 21.

Yeah, I'm starting to consider it. It seems pretty crazy to think MB wasn't willing to give him up for O'Reilly in hindsight. His play is a big point of concern.

JennyHockey

Feb 17, 2020
Yeah, I'm starting to consider it. It seems pretty crazy to think MB wasn't willing to give him up for O'Reilly in hindsight. His play is a big point of concern.
That trade is still laughable. ROR for Poehling as base lol. This will looks like another 1st round down the pipe.
2018 and 2019 left
rip 2012-2017

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
That trade is still laughable. ROR for Poehling as base lol. This will looks like another 1st round down the pipe.
2018 and 2019 left
rip 2012-2017

And what about Leblanc, tinordi and beaulieu before that!

f***ing timmins. He still has his job and he gets a promotion! :laugh:

Reactions: JennyHockey

JennyHockey

Feb 17, 2020
And what about Leblanc, tinordi and beaulieu before that!

f*cking timmins. He still has his job and he gets a promotion! :laugh:
I was just trying to be positive and talk about Bergevin's era , but yeah , Timmins was there before Bergevin...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Is this guy a professional NHL goalie.?

Good question. The answer is no. It's like Kinkaid lost any kind of talent he had. He went from playing half a season as the Devils' starter two years ago and putting together great numbers. He was actually a good reason why they made the playoffs that year. After that, he couldn't repeat that performance. He got traded to Columbus at last year's TDL and didn't play a single game. Then he signed with Montreal and we know what has happened there. And since coming down to Laval, he's even worse.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

Its a bit early, but I agree with using him in a trade for a bigger fish.

He’s not likely to amount to anything more than a 3rd liner.

Reactions: JennyHockey

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
send kinkaid home
It's embarrassing, for him and the organization.

Also, this organization continues to mismanage their assets and haven't developed anything since Chris Higgins and Tomas Plekanec, who played multiple years in the minors. They did draft poorly for a while, but even Price played a handful of games, Subban 1 year, Patches parts of 2-3 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad