AHL Affiliate Thread - Send them the Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Cotton continues to look like quite a find in the 6th round. Sure, he's going to make a late impact, but with our depth, we had the patience to wait-and-see. A lot of folks were saying that Chicago wasn't known for being a club that prioritized player development very much, but at least so far, that doesn't seem like the case. Maybe Don Waddell has a good understanding about that ownership group from his Atlanta days? Not sure.

Last edited:

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
getting dirty in front of the net. Nice.

is this what the feed looks like for AHL.tv? If so, Im glad I didnt go for subscribing.
Yes, for the Wolves because they are playing their home games at their practice arena this season. The production quality isn't too bad for the other teams that are playing in their regular home arenas.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Full disclosure: I'm on my third 16-hour shift in three days and it's a little past midnight.
Full disclosure. I’ve been spraying cabinets and cabinet doors all day and now drinking a glass of red wine. Thankfully, I’ll probably be asleep before the game starts or I’d have some really hot takes during the game.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
Yes, for the Wolves because they are playing their home games at their practice arena this season. The production quality isn't too bad for the other teams that are playing in their regular home arenas.

I still like subscribing. Jarvis/Rees/Suzuki/Cotton/Bokk are fun enough to watch that I can deal with the weird camera angles.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
But what about when the CHL resumes play and Jarvis, Reese and Suzuki are banished back to the CHL?!

Cotton, Bokk, Mattheos, and Keane, among others, are all guys that could be NHL players with us, and they've all looked good so far, especially Cotton and Keane. We'll have Rees and Suzuki for at least one and a half more months, as the OHL isn't returning until April 1st.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
At least today, I'm not sure he played. Never saw or heard him.

No neither Bokk nor Mattheos played today. Warsofsky's been prioritizing ice time for guys that won't be here for very long, like Jarvis/Tomasino/Rees/Suzuki, and have been rotating the older guys in and out of the lineup. The ice time for the true AHL guys will greatly pick up after April.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I will also say, the only time I really noticed Rees today was when he whiffed a puck, wiped out in front of the net, and gave the other team a glorious chance. Jarvis and D. Cotton were obviously standouts and all over the place. I didn't notice Suzuki a ton, but he was a big part of that go-ahead goal in the 3rd. As I said, Keane's game flashes a good bit too. Our depth AHL/taxi squad types in Rempal and Shore didn't show much other than a double minor taken by Shore.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Wet blanket type question?

Are we good because we have atalented roster with big prospects on the squad and / or the talent around the league is down because of the taxi squads?

Last edited:

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Wet blanket type question?

Are we good because we such talented roster with bug prospects on the squad and / or the talent around the league is down because of the taxi squads?
Well, we have a good prospect pool and a recent history of AHL affiliate success. But sure, that could play a role. Also, the split affiliate thing allows us extra good prospects we wouldn't have like Tomasino for instance.

Reactions: DaveG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad