AHL Affiliate Thread - Send them the Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
I know times are tight for these clubs but they should have given him a do over on that pic.

Young Guns Getting It Done

“I’ve been waiting for this day for a long time now,” Jarvis said after Friday’s 3-1 win. “It was great getting my feet wet and, obviously, scoring is going to make it pretty memorable, I think. On the power play, we have a bunch of young guys and it’s nice to do it with them and make plays with them.”

The club certainly produces a lot of content and looks to have a strong community presence. If only they had some different branding.

Reactions: Unsustainable

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Finally sitting and watching a Chicago game and I can see why Jarvis was the #1 star for both of the first two. He looks a lot like Aho out there with his craftiness on the boards. There was a shift with 1 minute left where he stole the puck in the offensive zone, skated it to the corner, held off two defenders, finally lost the puck to a third guy coming in, and then promptly followed and then stripped that guy of the puck right in front of the goalie. Nice to see that skillset translating to the AHL level.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
In the early going it seems like they've given guys that normally would be in juniors, like Rees/Jarvis/Tomasino/Suzuki, lots of playing time, probably with the assumption that the WHL and OHL seasons are going to start up again relatively shortly. Once these leagues start playing again, I'll be interested to see how the likes of Cotton/Bokk/Mattheos/Smallman step their games up in their place. Jarvis and Rees, in particular, look very good.

Last edited:

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Lajoie is suspended for today’s game for a kneeing incident in Tuesday’s game. It must have been bad because a player immediately tried to fight him afterwards.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
getting dirty in front of the net. Nice.

is this what the feed looks like for AHL.tv? If so, Im glad I didnt go for subscribing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad