AHL Affiliate Thread - Send them the Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
i'm not trying to open the wounds of the flip from charlotte to chicago, but i have to ask - does chicago seem to create much more online content about the team / players? or was i just paying less attention and charlotte was the same?

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
i'm not trying to open the wounds of the flip from charlotte to chicago, but i have to ask - does chicago seem to create much more online content about the team / players? or was i just paying less attention and charlotte was the same?
to my memory as someone who follows them on twitter/youtube/etc, Charlotte was more or less the same, but maybe with a smaller staff to handle more than your standard social stuff. Chicago is already a pretty established AHL presence, whereas Charlotte only entered the AHL when they became affiliated with the Canes iirc.

I think you aren't seeing much Checkers content right now because the franchise opted out of this season. they did make a few posts yesterday since their past and present affiliates were playing against each other.

Last edited:

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC

I feel like we are seeing more of the social media content here than we did from Charlotte last year. I know there was a lot of similar content on Charlotte's website, and Branecky moved from Raleigh to Charlotte and did a good job with them. But I feel like more of the work in Charlotte was for the website with social media links to the website than "made for social media" content.

I do recall Charlotte using a lot of the player goal songs as part of their in-game goal tweets the past couple of years.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC

Doesn't look happy but appears to have the right attitude re: his fate.

This is where I think that the Fleurys and Beans and Geekies really shine from some of the other AHL guys that have gotten traded. They don't complain about being sent down. They try to improve and play their way into the team. This seems to go a long way with how Carolina operates, especially since everyone knows that this is a contending squad with lots of great players.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
He's better than he showed in his extremely limited sample size there this season. He never had a real shot, especially with the current Martinook and Dzingel as his linemates.
I agree to an extent. As I said, he probably needs a bigger role for the type of player he is and it's not there on this team right now. But he didn't look good either. That's not all on your linemates and role.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I agree to an extent. As I said, he probably needs a bigger role for the type of player he is and it's not there on this team right now. But he didn't look good either. That's not all on your linemates and role.
He got posterized for like one goal in one of the few games we lost so far, so he got savaged. But other than that he was about par for the course given his linemates. Dude is a good hockey player and he'd still be on most NHL rosters is all I'm saying. We're too deep at this point unfortunately for him and most of our AHL forwards. Even guys like Jarvis, Suzuki and Rees would have probably gotten games in most other organizations. Good problem to have.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
He’s looked better than Foegele in about half of the games he’s been up for. He’s a C though so that hurts him based on how the roster is structured

One spot that may open up next season, though, is 3RW. Maybe he can break in at RW to start off his career in the top-9, much like Necas did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad