AHL Affiliate Thread - Send them the Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bridgeburner96

Jan 20, 2015
I posted this on another site as well, so sorry if you've seen it. I'm just blowing off steam as I have no one around to discuss hockey with here.

Please forgive my incoming rant, but the whole Dzingel didn't fit thing doesn't work for me. We didn't give him a chance and play him where he would be successful. He's a complimentary goal scorer and a skill player. He should have been played in a skill role in a top nine role. Except for short times he was pretty much put with grinders and on the 4th line. At least since playing with Haula. He should have at leave been tried for a decent amount of time with trochek/necas, aho/turbo, or at least staal/? if you think those other combos are too soft or defensively irresponsible.

Same now with Galchenyuk, why not try him in a top 9, skill role? We all know McGinn is going to cool off and doesn't really fit up top long term. Give Galchenyuk a chance to prove himself, help the team, and at least improve his trade value if you don't plan to use him long term. I think this makes us closer to 3 lines deep scoring wise. At least until Staal cools off.

Sorry for the rant, but it's frustrating for two potential goal scorers to not be used in the right role or be given a chance. Now Galchenyuk might get the chance after some injuries or be used in a trade, but if nothing else he could improve his trade value.

I don't give my opinion much, but I've been feeling this way for a while concerning Dzingel.

Last edited:
Reactions: WreckingCrew

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
I posted this on another site as well, so sorry if you've seen it. I'm just blowing off steam as I have no one around to discuss hockey with here.

Please forgive my incoming rant, but the whole Dzingel didn't fit thing doesn't work for me. We didn't give him a chance and play him where he would be successful. He's a complimentary goal scorer and a skill player. He should have been played in a skill role in a top nine role. Except for short times he was pretty much put with grinders and on the 4th line. At least since playing with Haula. He should have at leave been tried for a decent amount of time with trochek/necas, aho/turbo, or at least staal/? if you think those other combos are too soft or defensively irresponsible.

Same now with Galchenyuk, why not try him in a top 9, skill role? We all know McGinn is going to cool off and doesn't really fit up top long term. Give Galchenyuk a chance to prove himself, help the team, and at least improve his trade value if you don't plan to use him long term. I think this makes us closer to 3 lines deep scoring wise. At least until Staal cools off.

Sorry for the rant, but it's frustrating for two potential goal scorers to not be used in the right role or be given a chance. Now Galchenyuk might get the chance after some injuries or be used in a trade, but if nothing else he could improve his trade value.

I don't give my opinion much, but I've been feeling this way for a while concerning Dzingel.
Last season, before Covid, there was big debate on here re: who bears the responsibility for such scenarios - the front office, the coach or the player or all of the above. It was pretty heated.

I feel bad for Zinger because he wanted to play for us and fans liked him. He and his wife wanted to be here for health reasons as well. After the line with Haula and Necas disbanded, things went south fast fairly quickly.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011

At the end of the day, Galchenyuk has been passed around by teams good and bad. It might just be on him. I wouldn't have minded if he got a shot. Don't mind that we moved on and get cap space.

Dzingel, as pointed out by BBA, didn't score enough with any of the opportunities given, and didn't in his short stint with Columbus either. They thought he could play enough of the way Rod wants and he couldn't. Now, I hope Rod learns a little more flexibility over time, but who am I to argue with the results we've gotten here with him?

poobags

8) 8) 8( 8)
Jan 27, 2013
Washington

Brock read this and put up 4 points. 25% shooting is sustainable right? :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad