Affiliates VIII: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Nice win but man, Stenlund is a disappointment:help: probably gonna suck for him to stay in ahl 4th all season. doubt he would leave his paycheck to go to europe. no more hope he bounce back for me. Chinakov need to find this kinda room to shoot in the nhl.

Reactions: Monstershockey

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Jet Greaves called up to Monsters from ECHL. Don't know if it is for injuries or not. Didn't notice anything last week, both goalies looked ok, maybe during practice someone tweaked something.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Bayruether with a goal from Angle and Foudy. Annoucer thinks Gaunce deflected it so it may change. Berube in goal, Greaves is the backup. Didn't say if Tarasov was hurt or not.

Edit: Goal switched to Gaunce. Foudy loses assist.

Edit: Monsters up 3-0. Sweezy and Gallant with goals. Angle with another assist, now has 5 points in 3 games, all assists. Foudy with a helper also.

Edit: Berube with a shutout. 4-0 win.

Last edited:

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Monsters score 2 in 2nd. Christainsen and Sikura. Angle with another assist. Greaves 21 saves on 22 shots.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Monsters wjn 2-1. Greaves with 40 saves. They tried giving Bellville a chance by playing the last 3 minutes short-handed, but they pulled it off. Finish the 3 in 3 tomorrow in Toronto.

Reactions: Byrral and koteka

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Jet Greaves called up to Monsters from ECHL. Don't know if it is for injuries or not. Didn't notice anything last week, both goalies looked ok, maybe during practice someone tweaked something.
AP posted in his Sunday TA article that Tarasov tested positive for COVID. Supposedly he was vaxed late in the summer. Greaves got the call up and Tarasov stayed in Cleveland. Supposedly nobody else has tested positive at this point.

I hope he is asymptomatic and feeling well.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
AP posted in his Sunday TA article that Tarasov tested positive for COVID. Supposedly he was vaxed late in the summer. Greaves got the call up and Tarasov stayed in Cleveland. Supposedly nobody else has tested positive at this point.

I hope he is asymptomatic and feeling well.
I read it was an illness but didn't know it was covid. I haven't seen Eaves on the bench for the start of the year, pretty sure I saw him before the home opener, but he wasn't on the bench. Didn't get a good view of the bench this weekend as it's the home teams scoreboard feed you see on AHLtv. Thought I got a glimpse of him yesterday in Toronto, but it was too quick to tell. I was wondering if maybe he had covid but haven't heard. Maybe he did and Tarasov may have got it from him. That's just speculation though.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Monsters tied 2-2 in the 3rd. Tarasov 27 saves. Stenland and Danforth with a goal and an assist each.

Edit: Monsters lose 3-2 in shootout. Tarasov finished with 36 saves.

Last edited:

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Monsters lose 6-2 last night. It was over before it started. Tarasov and the defence didn't have their best games. Niether did the offence, scoring two late goals after it was decided. Might have been trying to hard to impress Jarmo, who was at the game.

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
Monsters lose 6-2 last night. It was over before it started. Tarasov and the defence didn't have their best games. Niether did the offence, scoring two late goals after it was decided. Might have been trying to hard to impress Jarmo, who was at the game.
How has Stenlund looked overall so far? Improved or about the same as last year?

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I know I'm biased but Christiansen had an assist and was the only player from Monsters managed to finish game with +/- >0 (+1). :rolly:
Christainsen played well. Berni was on the ice for most (5) of the goals, but a couple goals, I think Tarasov would want those back. The D played good in the 2nd, giving up 3 shots, but the offence had some extended PP time, including a 5 on 3, and couldn't find the back of the net. The first period just felt like rush after rush by Bellville, like the defence wasn't even on the ice.

Reactions: tunnelvision

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Foudys stat line looks okay, how’s he playing?
Actually, everyone has been good. Yesterday was their worst game by far. Foudy has been ok. He's been on the PP, and his unit was on the ice for the shorthanded goal against, although it wasn't him that turned the puck over that led to the goal. The empty net goal came with 10 seconds left on a 4 on 4. They had a defensive zone face off so they pulled Tarasov in the hopes they would get possession and get a 6 on 4. They won the face off but lost the puck and Foudy missed the poke check on the goal scorer. Just tough luck because the goalie was pulled. He's not making the same impact as last year, but this year the teams have more talent than last year when they were filling teams with lower level players. Just like with Angle, while he has been getting assists, he is finding scoring goals to be tougher this year, as he has yet to get a goal.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
For anybody wondering what happened yesterday, I have no idea. I saw it with my own eyes, but am still dumbfounded.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Some great Twitter accounts to follow for Monsters news and info

@Monstershockey - official team account
@TonyBrownPxP - play-by-play announcer Tony Brown
@imaraindancer - fullpresshockey.com Monsters (and a few other AHL teams) writer Elaine Shircliff
@FPHMonsters and @FPHCleveland - fieldpasshockey.com's coverage of the Monsters - FPHMonsters is Deana Weinheimer and FPHCleveland is Andrew Guarino (Deana is the main writer, but Andrew is Cleveland-based, so he can cover the team more closely than Deana, a Columbusite)

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Last night Monsters won the first of b2b against Amerks, 4-3 the final. Goals from Mullin, Gaunce, Danforth and Meyer. Tarasov in goal, saved 25/28.

Horrendous camera work on AHL game highlights as usual, but just wanted to point out Christiansen's sweet saucer pass on Danforth's PP goal at 6:20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad