Affiliates VIII: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Monsters got shutout by Amerks in the 2nd of b2b, 4-0 loss. Shots 32-25 for Monsters so I guess they didn't get outplayed.

Quite comical defending and goaltending on the goals.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Being that it would be his first NHL experience it would be tough to say. Could he be as good, yeah, I think so. I don't know if he could do 20 minutes a game like Bayreuther has, but he could do Carlsson's. I think he is a little more physical than Carlsson, and seems faster, but I would like to see how he handles the mental aspect of the NHL. I would like to see him play in person more to get a better look at him. Of their 12 games so far, only 4 have been at home so I really haven't been able to really watch him in person much.

Kellen

Apr 17, 2019
Weird game for the Monsters. Tarasov gives up a goal on the first shot of the game, Monsters tie it on their second shot, then nothing until Angle wins it in OT with his first goal of the season. Good game for Tarasov, that's his second in a row.

How has Foudy looked? Stats aren’t amazing- but is he getting chances? Is he engaged ? I’d like for this kid not to go the route of Kerby Rychel ect-

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
How has Foudy looked? Stats aren’t amazing- but is he getting chances? Is he engaged ? I’d like for this kid not to go the route of Kerby Rychel ect-
He's looked ok. He looked better last year. He's getting chances, he had a few tonight, 5 shots on goal, just can't convert. Missed a breakaway early, probably wished he could have a do over on it. Did have an assist on the first goal. Overall though, I would say just ok.

On a different note, TFW looked good after being out so long. Little bit of rust, but not too much. Had a couple of nice hits.

Reactions: VT

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
How do the right D look?

Schemitsch, a former 3rd round pick who didn’t receive a qualifying offer

Sweezey, the Yale kid

Clayton, a kid out of the WHL

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Not sure if any of you have seen this, but last night;s game was delayed as both teams came out for warmups in white jerseys. Monsters had to switch to black.

Reactions: LJ7201

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Not sure if any of you have seen this, but last night;s game was delayed as both teams came out for warmups in white jerseys. Monsters had to switch to black.
Yeah, Syracuse brought their whites because of Top Gun night on Friday.

You're right on Tarasov. He needs some time. The defense played well in front of him last night and didn't give too many chances. I thought when they scored on their first shot it was going to be a long night.

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
How do the right D look?

Schemitsch, a former 3rd round pick who didn’t receive a qualifying offer

Sweezey, the Yale kid

Clayton, a kid out of the WHL
I like Schemitsch, he doesn't look bad. Doesn't have the offensive game that Christainsen is bringing, but seems like a good d-man. Sweezey looks ok, too. He was physical last night and had some good hits. Haven't really noticed Clayton though.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Needs a LOT of time to adjust to the NA game. a LOT.

Is this just a euphemism for him needing a lot more development time in general? Or are you seeing things that are specific to the switch to NA hockey?

Personally I tend to think the transition for Russians wouldn't be as bad as it is for a Swiss league guy like Elvis, their rinks are half NA size anyways.

And Tarasov has had some ups and downs overseas, he didn't come over here as a well established goalie. He's just a prospect in my book.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Is this just a euphemism for him needing a lot more development time in general? Or are you seeing things that are specific to the switch to NA hockey?

Personally I tend to think the transition for Russians wouldn't be as bad as it is for a Swiss league guy like Elvis, their rinks are half NA size anyways.

And Tarasov has had some ups and downs overseas, he didn't come over here as a well established goalie. He's just a prospect in my book.

I don't think it's rink size so much as the style of play. NA is more physical than even Russia and I think some of the physical play around the net gets him out of position more easily than it would a seasoned NA goalie.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

Tarasov couldn't come as a well established goalie because the first goalie was/is Metsola in Salavat Yulayev. So when he was playing there Juha was in 80%, maybe more games in the net. And Daniil is still young the coach didn't believe him. Only after the last PO they understood it isn't a good idea so that Metsola would play so many games. Daniil only learns to be number one goalie in man hockey.
Btw it was a reason why Daniil played in Finland one season, why Kareyev who is a very good goalie and could be the first goalie in many teams, leaved Salavat and has gone to Finland too. He wanted to play. And don't want to return back to KHL.

Last edited:

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Enjoying the pleasure of seeing the Monsters tonight. Up 2-1 now. What I’m not digging is the Monsters home uniforms. Are these the 3rd (or 4th:laugh:) jerseys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad