ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Early Sunday Forecast
Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 7.38.32 AM.png

• Love
Reactions: Dubi Doo

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
Sucks that the teams in a position, and have the need, to draft a franchise QB are all AFC teams.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I'm curious to know what the Bears do with the #1 pick. I wonder if they trade it to someone who is desperate for a QB for a king's ransom.
If they are smart, they will try and force Houston into a trade up scenario so that the Bears get the same guy they would take at 1 and they get something on top of it.

Unless another team gives up an insane package to move up to #1 to take a QB.

If the Bears stay at 1 and take a DL (Georgia DT Jalen Carter is one name out there for the Bears), I would say that it was a mistake.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
no reason for houston to trade up unless someone else is genuinely interested in jumping them. Everyone knows Chicago is not taking a QB.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
no reason for houston to trade up unless someone else is genuinely interested in jumping them. Everyone knows Chicago is not taking a QB.
The reason for Houston to trade up is to block another team from jumping them for QB1.

In the top 10, these teams need a QB:

2. Houston
4. Indy
7. LV
8. Atlanta
9. Carolina

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
i personally don't think tua is gonna play. maybe they have information we don't have, maybe they don't. but both of the miami games were close, so I'm surprised a bit by the 1pm slot.

cincy and baltimore will be interesting if lamar plays. people might disagree, but this has upset alert written all over it imo
It could certainly change, but McDaniel saying he doesn't have a timeline for Tua's return during all of this past week leading up to a must-win game has me a little doubtful that he'll play on Sunday.

That being said, I wouldn't be shocked to see him out there.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
The reason for Houston to trade up is to block another team from jumping them for QB1.

2. Houston
4. Indy
7. LV
8. Atlanta
9. Carolina
The price to move from 4 to 1 is astronomical. Anything beyond 4 is unrealistic. Bears would be crazy to drop to 7 or later for a few extra picks.
If they are dumb enough to do it, Let someone jump you at that point. Draft is a crap shoot. Just look at Allen’s draft year.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Bears could draft a QB and trade Fields. He might net a 2nd round pick. Fields was taken by the previous management.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I'm curious to know what the Bears do with the #1 pick. I wonder if they trade it to someone who is desperate for a QB for a king's ransom.

Personally, unless someone offers up a godfather deal.....I stay right where I am and take Will Anderson.......and sleep very well knowing that you have an elite-caliber edge rusher locked up for 10-15 years.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The price to move from 4 to 1 is astronomical. Anything beyond 4 is unrealistic. Bears would be crazy to drop to 7 or later for a few extra picks.
If they are dumb enough to do it, Let someone jump you at that point. Draft is a crap shoot. Just look at Allen’s draft year.

With all the DL talent in this draft class, I could see Chicago trading back to 7, getting an absolute haul, and still getting one of the top 5 non-QB talents in this draft at a position of need.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

TOP COACHING CANDIDATES

Buffalo Bills offensive coordinator Ken Dorsey

• Third in expected points added per play (.060), second in dropback EPA per play (0.187), 13th in rush EPA per play (-.024)
  • Third in success rate (48.2%), second in dropback success rate (52.7%), fifth in rush success rate (45.6%)
Dorsey has served as the Bills' offensive coordinator for just one season after Brian Daboll became the head coach of the New York Giants, but Buffalo's offense didn’t miss a beat. It certainly helps to have Josh Allen at quarterback, and perhaps that keeps Dorsey in Buffalo a year or two longer, but the former University of Miami quarterback legend will become a head coach soon enough.

Reactions: buffalowing88

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

2. Houston
4. Indy
7. LV
8. Atlanta
9. Carolina
The question remains on what each organization's plan would be to deal with the QB Situation. There are plenty of "outside the draft" options teams can address those needs.

For example, I can see Indy being a team going after Carr. I can see Vegas especially where they are organizationally, going after Rodgers.

Maybe Atlanta or Houston goes after Lamar.

I'm not entirely sure if there are the horses to fit the stables in the draft.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
The question remains on what each organization's plan would be to deal with the QB Situation. There are plenty of "outside the draft" options teams can address those needs.

For example, I can see Indy being a team going after Carr. I can see Vegas especially where they are organizationally, going after Rodgers.

Maybe Atlanta or Houston goes after Lamar.

I'm not entirely sure if there are the horses to fit the stables in the draft.

I'd be shocked if Indy went after Carr considering how burnt they've been recycling other QBs. I think they're better off with a QB they draft and develop.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I'd be shocked if Indy went after Carr considering how burnt they've been recycling other QBs. I think they're better off with a QB they draft and develop.

I think they could realistically do both. Trade for Carr knowing he's a 1-and-done while mentoring a guy like Stroud or Levis.

But who knows what Irsay is going to tell Ballard to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad