Buffalo Bills AFC Wild Card - Bills to Host Dolphins, January 15th, 1:00 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There
I think they could realistically do both. Trade for Carr knowing he's a 1-and-done while mentoring a guy like Stroud or Levis.

But who knows what Irsay is going to tell Ballard to do.

It seems like there will be a lot of meh QBs available in the off-season. Baker, Geno, Carr, Jimmy G, Darnold, and I’m sure I’m missing some.

I wonder which one ends up on the Jete

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I'd be shocked if Indy went after Carr considering how burnt they've been recycling other QBs. I think they're better off with a QB they draft and develop.

Carr has shown more of a consistency than someone like Foles has, and isn't at the end of his career like Ryan, or like Rivers. He's also a quality enough QB that you don't need to rush to develop a QB (assuming he stays healthy).

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Carr has shown more of a consistency than someone like Foles has, and isn't at the end of his career like Ryan, or like Rivers. He's also a quality enough QB that you don't need to rush to develop a QB (assuming he stays healthy).

I think the Raiders cut Carr and then Carr has his pick of teams. Doubt he would choose Indy other than some insane overpay and the Colts would be crazy to do that - but Irsay might Irsay.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I think the Raiders cut Carr and then Carr has his pick of teams. Doubt he would choose Indy other than some insane overpay and the Colts would be crazy to do that - but Irsay might Irsay.
I'm just thinking of the State of teams, and where they could be, and the timeline. I could see Jets going after Carr just as well, but they have some budget issues to work out. I do think there will be quite a few dominos that needs to fall before we see where Carr goes (unless he has an idea already).

But my original point was that a team at the NFL with QB draft "needs" may address them elsewhere, and that need for a QB may not be as much of a short term priority that may impact how they handle trades/movement in the draft as people think.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC

Dorsey should be smart about it and take one more year as OC because the current openings are slim pickin's. I wouldn't want to go to New Orleans or Arizona or Denver and Houston has possibly the worst management in the league. Wait it out and maybe you're lined up for a spot with NE or Vegas in a year.

With that said, we've got a pipeline of offensive coaches that will be able to make the transition at least a little smoother. Joe Brady is going to be our OC next and while his haircut/face is downright heinous, he's already close with Josh and has experience running an offense. After him you start wondering if Barkley isn't being groomed for some kind of role in the QB room as a coach.

We'll be okay.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Dorsey should be smart about it and take one more year as OC because the current openings are slim pickin's. I wouldn't want to go to New Orleans or Arizona or Denver and Houston has possibly the worst management in the league. Wait it out and maybe you're lined up for a spot with NE or Vegas in a year.

With that said, we've got a pipeline of offensive coaches that will be able to make the transition at least a little smoother. Joe Brady is going to be our OC next and while his haircut/face is downright heinous, he's already close with Josh and has experience running an offense. After him you start wondering if Barkley isn't being groomed for some kind of role in the QB room as a coach.

We'll be okay.
The challenge with that is that you might be waiting longer than you expect if you turn something down, too.

I think there are a lot worse situations out there than Arizona or NO. Denver with Russ and Houston are two franchises that I would be wary of. But, there are other openings that I think Dorsey could make work like Daboll has in NY with Jones at QB and Dan Campbell in Detroit.

Reactions: buffalowing88

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Not to rain on parades, but three is a pretty low/simple number and I’m sure it’s easy to find if you look through all the stats they have.

Now if we were looking for something like 78 and it kept showing up I’d be a bit more surprised.
I’m lunching with Bruce Smith as I type this...
Cowboys on MN, now there's a surprise:laugh:
That was a given as a potential final Brady game and the National interest in the Cowboys.

SF was going to get a late start game making it early afternoon west coast.

San Diego traveling to East Coast was going to get a night game.

CIN-BAL is likely the closest on paper if Lamar plays.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I really hope the Jets swing and miss on a QB. That defense + healthy breece Hall + an actual QB is scary as well. Much scarier than the Dolphins/patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad