Buffalo Bills AFC Wild Card - Bills to Host Dolphins, January 15th, 1:00 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Lions have been playing a lot better as of late.

And it should be noted that this is, essentially, their super bowl. They are out of the playoffs and other than divisional games, this annual thanksgiving game is the biggest spot on their calendar. And they haven't won it in 6 years. You've got a fire and brimstone coach who will have them firing on all cylinders.

This isn't going to be a pushover game. Buffalo has to get their offense working because we should be able to put up serious points against them.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
"aren't bringing RBs down" is the kindest way to say they are not tackling or cannot tackle. I would be curious if "contact" includes a hand because if a DL reaches out a hand and hits the RB that is contact however they aren't in position to make a tackle and it's not the same as someone filling a gap and making contact but unable to complete the tackle. When they are off the charts bad then it makes you wonder, that's all. That's not to say RBs haven't run through some tackles and players haven't missed open field tackles were some contact was made, but on the whole are they truly off the charts bad or what is the data source?

Reactions: oldgoalie

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I made national news representing Bills Mafia!

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

What this chart says they should do is stop trying to make plays for losses on every run and just try to contain backs instead. They make contact faster than any team and it either works or they get burned because the whole line is past the play already.

It fits with what we’ve thought all year. They don’t care if you run on them. They’d rather you do it. And seeing how the DBs have played with everyone out all year…it’s not the worst idea.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
E51AAD0A-4529-44C2-8924-789C3A1F772E.png

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I'm reading a lot of good things about Hamlin. It'll be interesting to see what they do with him next year.

Reactions: whiplash

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I'm reading a lot of good things about Hamlin. It'll be interesting to see what they do with him next year.

I wonder if how he has played has made it less likely that Poyer is re-signed as long as Hyde's 23 in 23 campaign goes well?

With Oliver, Edmunds, and Poyer all needing new deals on defense, they will have to make tough choices. Letting the one guy that is 30+ walk might be the direction that they choose to go in.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
I wonder if how he has played has made it less likely that Poyer is re-signed as long as Hyde's 23 in 23 campaign goes well?

With Oliver, Edmunds, and Poyer all needing new deals on defense, they will have to make tough choices. Letting the one guy that is 30+ walk might be the direction that they choose to go in.
Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if both Poyer and Oliver are not re-signed. Bills have very limited cap space next year. I think Edmunds is clearly becoming the player they hoped he could be in the middle of that defense.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
NFC could really do us a solid here if we take care of business. Jets are going up against Chicago and Pats are facing the Vikings on Thanksgiving. Would be nice to get a bit more breathing room in the division and only have to worry about Miami. There's no way that the Rams will topple KC with all their injuries.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

The one consideration is we’ve only really seen Hamlin at FS. I floated it before, but if there’s any consideration about Hyde’s ability to come back at full strength, it wouldn’t shock me if they tried to get out of his deal and FT Poyer with the money.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Purely from an aesthetic perspective, I wish the NFL had the NBA's relaxed jersey rules. Imagine the Lions wearing their blue and gray/silver throwbacks vs. the Bills in their all white standing buffalo uniform.

Instead, we get Detroit going with their gross color rush vs. our cursed white top/blue pants combo

Reactions: Dirty Dog

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
NFC could really do us a solid here if we take care of business. Jets are going up against Chicago and Pats are facing the Vikings on Thanksgiving. Would be nice to get a bit more breathing room in the division and only have to worry about Miami. There's no way that the Rams will topple KC with all their injuries.
They are one Kelce injury away from a shot season

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Aren't the bills one Diggs injury away from a lost season?

You can't replace elite talent as we have seen with the loss of Hyde.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if both Poyer and Oliver are not re-signed. Bills have very limited cap space next year. I think Edmunds is clearly becoming the player they hoped he could be in the middle of that defense.
I cannot fathom them letting Oliver walk.

Behind Edmunds, you at least have Spector, Bernard and Dodson. Granted, they're all relatively inexperienced, but the potential is there to become viable starters.

Behind Oliver, the only guys we have under the age of 30 are Emili, Brewer, Bryant and Settle. Bryant's turning 30 next season, and I'm not confident one of the remaining becomes a consistent starter on a team with Super Bowl aspirations. I just don't.

Last edited:

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
I cannot fathom them letting Oliver walk.

Behind Edmunds, you at least have Spector, Bernard and Dodson. Granted, they're all relatively inexperienced, but the potential is there to become viable starters.

Behind Oliver, the only guys we have under the age of 30 are Emili, Brewer, Bryant and Settle. Bryant's turning 30 next season, and I'm not confident one of the remaining becomes a consistent starter on a team with Super Bowl aspirations. I just don't.
I don't disagree, but such is life in the salary cap NFL. Wouldn't surprise me if they move Basham inside, he has experience there. I also wouldn't be shocked if they took a DT with their first pick this spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad