ADSF: (1) Montreal Canadiens vs. (WC1) Ottawa Senators - Part VIII (Series 3-2 MTL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Still nervous as hell about Game 6. I'm beyond proud of our team, but I'm nervous.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Just noticed that Alfredsson was in the management box with Murray and company. How long has he been up there? Is he part of upper management now?

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Normally I would be furious to see my team lose 4 games in a row after taking a 3-0 lead in the playoffs.

This year, there would be a silver lining in that it should mean that Therrien would be gone. Never have I seen such a stubborn, ego-driven professional coach.

Not saying I expect it to happen though. Montreal should dress Parenteau and Thomas/Hudon for some offensive inspiration and take game 6.

Dagwood

Oct 21, 2005
Ottawa
The look on the Habs bench after the game said all that needs to be said, They are mentally beaten.

But more telling for me was the clear shot of Price looking dejected at the end of the game. Something is off there... It's not the Carey I'm used to seeing. And I love the guy but that look tells a story all on it's own. He's not having fun I'd say and/or he has given up of the guys in front of him.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Normally I would be furious to see my team lose 4 games in a row after taking a 3-0 lead in the playoffs.

This year, there would be a silver lining in that it should mean that Therrien would be gone. Never have I seen such a stubborn, ego-driven professional coach.

Not saying I expect it to happen though. Montreal should dress Parenteau and Thomas/Hudon for some offensive inspiration and take game 6.

He has to change something. Only adjustments he's made have been due to injury.

For Montreal's sake, he should be replaced next year. If they could only get around the bilingual thing and hire the BEST option, they would prosper.

Imagine Babcock there...never gonna happen though.

Sensin5

Jan 27, 2013
Our d is way too soft to clear the net. Two sens were parked in front of price all night. Meanwhile Ottawa did a great job of clearing the net in front on Anderson. He saw pretty much every shot.

CBC obsession with screening goalies is kind of getting old. I swear that's the only thing they talked about all night.

It's because their go to commentary previously consisted mainly of stating that "You're not going to get two or more past Carey Price". They had to change it up a little.

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
Methot kicked Gallagher?

he didn't kick him, ref knocked Methot over and his skate came down on Gallagher as he fell

Yeah, hard too. He fell, and brought his skate down in the back of his head in the process. Seemed pretty avoidable.

I don't think it was avoidable, he got knocked over and fell.. If Gallagher thouh it was deliberate, he would've been whining to the ref for a penalty (obviously), but he didn't, so even he knew it wasn't on purpose

He didn't fall, he got pushed over - BY THE REF! You can see him get up and just start yelling at the ref afterwards for flipping him.

BINGO

[MEDIA=gfycat said:
ConventionalImmaculateIndianspinyloach[/MEDIA]

Last edited:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
He has to change something. Only adjustments he's made have been due to injury.

For Montreal's sake, he should be replaced next year. If they could only get around the bilingual thing and hire the BEST option, they would prosper.

Imagine Babcock there...never gonna happen though.

Therrien thinks you can only call a time-out after an icing. He has no perception of momentum at all. I think he only stands on the bench praying for it to end quickly so he can go smoke cigs behind the dumpster.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Gallagher was trying to trip Methot IMO. He was pretty frustrated. It was immediately after this exchange:

Jerk Store*

One thing this series has settled is the EK vs PK debate. As of right now, EK is still a better player than PK. Anyone debating this is pure homerism.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Well most of you thought that not getting through this game was also impossible.

Hopefully the Montreal players are as laid back about the situation as you are :nod:

I don't know what you're talking since I didn't say anything about the series before, but to think a team would put themselves 0-3 on purpose is pure fantasy.

the paisanos guy

the hell do i know about cooking a shirt?
Dec 6, 2010
One thing this series has settled is the EK vs PK debate. As of right now, EK is still a better player than PK. Anyone debating this is pure homerism.

And if PK happened to have the better series, would you still be saying it's settled?

One series proves nothing.

Montrealer

What, me worry?
Dec 12, 2002
Chambly QC
Meticulously watching video over and over again to figure out the intention of players seems to only happen when the Habs are playing.

I dunno, I don't see this drive to discern intentions and indiscretions in other series. Who gives a crap, honestly.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Wish the best for the Sens but the Habs are by far the better team. Anderson is keeping the Sens afloat.

They are not going much further with that 45+ shots against every night.

Goalie is still part of the team, right?;)

We'll keep giving up all those perimeter shots you guys work so hard to get off.

Jerk Store*

And if PK happened to have the better series, would you still be saying it's settled?

One series proves nothing.

Everytime they've been put on the same stage, EK outplays PK. This series is more of the same. That's one thing Habs fans should stop arguing with us about. Karlsson is in a higher tier in terms of talent. We're seeing it, you're seeing it, the entire hockey world is seeing it.

We get **** on when we pump his tires, but now that everyone is watching and isn't just going with popular belief without having seen him play, but he's solidifying what we've always said. We'll most likely lose the series, but that argument will also be over.

Jerk Store*

Meticulously watching video over and over again to figure out the intention of players seems to only happen when the Habs are playing.

I dunno, I don't see this drive to discern intentions and indiscretions in other series. Who gives a crap, honestly.

Yup I agree.

That being said, you can't try and argue that there was intention for 15 pages of a thread when EK flattens Beaulieu and then claim this when the tables are turned (not saying you specifically, just generally speaking).

Outside of the first game PK slash, it's been a pretty clean but hard hitting series. Yesterday we saw Montreal lose their composure and fall back to their old shenanigans. They'd be wise to tone that down and focus on winning a 4th game.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Last night was the first game in the series that was won by more than one goal.

Let that sink in for a moment.

One goal has decided every game but last night's. This series could have gone either way, and still can.

This needs more attention. And I'm sure it's very much in the back of every Montreal fans heads right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad