Confirmed with Link: Adam Lowry 5 years @ 3.25

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
I shit you not, on Calgary puck right now there's people crapping on this deal, and making the case that Sam Bennett is a better player.

Flames fans have to be the dumbest in Canada

Good job Chevy
You brave soul, CP is full of dumbassess. I only visit that site when the Jets play them. I have to take a shower after reading that board.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Very happy with this deal. If it wasn't already obvious, Lowry said it explicitly in the interview: this is an organization and team that players want to be part of. As such, he left a little AAV on the table so there is room for the depth that is needed to build a long-term contending team.
Definitely deserves an A when the time comes.
Now the million dollar question is: does Copp feel the same way?

Actually, it's a 4 million dollar question...

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
he was not happy at all with the last contract and the arbitration process. he's pricing himself out of our market this year.....he deserves to move on

I wasn’t happy Copp went to arbitration. I don’t like Overcharge but I was a big Copp fan back then and I am now. I think he is a team leader and a heck of a player. We know the Jets won’t over pay though so we’ll see how things shake down.

tbone1968

Sep 1, 2017
Texas hill country
Great presser. For every Kane and Laine who want out, for whatever reason, there are guys like Lurch, Scheif, KFC, Fly and Helle and others who who sign up long term for probably below market value. They place value on a solid organization that treats them well. So to all that say NO ONE wants to play in the Peg shove that up your arse !

Whileee

May 29, 2010
How does Chevy/True North keep getting all these sweetheart deals? Meanwhile clubs like Toronto are continuously overpaying to keep stars, and we keep getting ours at great discounts.
Lowry said he loves everything about the organization: Chipman, Chevy and management, coaches, players, and fans.

Meanwhile, remember the drama created by the media and fans about the rift in the Jets locker room?

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Lowry said he loves everything about the organization: Chipman, Chevy and management, coaches, players, and fans.

Meanwhile, remember the drama created by the media and fans about the rift in the Jets locker room?

In fairness, we weren't hearing a lot about a 'tight group' when Trouba and Laine were playing with active trade requests.

Reactions: JetsUK

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I wasn’t happy Copp went to arbitration. I don’t like Overcharge but I was a big Copp fan back then and I am now. I think he is a team leader and a heck of a player. We know the Jets won’t over pay though so we’ll see how things shake down.

Yeah this contract has set the framework for what the Jets would be willing to do on a potential Copp extension. The ball is in his teams court.

Reactions: ps241

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If that's the plan they should just protect DeMelo, not Stanley. All numbers point to DeMelo being a superior defender relative to typical market values (counting stats, ice time, etc.) and also in underlying analytics.

I would also guess SEA would rather have DeMelo than Stanley, if I had to.

So if the idea is to save value as much as possible, you protect DeMelo, expose Stanley, and trade to protect him.
I think the Jets won't leave much to chance. My guess is that Seattle would prefer a forward like Appleton or maybe even Vesalainen, along with a pick (3rd or so) instead of Stanley or DeMelo.

In the Vegas expansion draft, the Jets gave up the equivalent of a 2nd or 3rd round pick in terms of pick value to induce Vegas to take Thorburn.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
In the Vegas expansion draft, the Jets gave up the equivalent of a 2nd or 3rd round pick in terms of pick value to induce Vegas to take Thorburn.
A 3rd and they take Boolow, case closed!
Maybe Chevy gives them our 1st for their 2nd and they take Boolow? I could live with that.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014

I have it as a bit more than that (mid 2nd, plus) but you're right. People remember it as a 1st and it wasn't.

(Again--I'm blaming Darren Millard.)

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
I hope this sets a precedent for Copp and PLD who would both be nice to lock up long term with Lowry et al. He knew he could write his own ticket yet chose to stay. Class act, hard working player and true leader. Now go get them the help they deserve on D!!

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Whether they protect Stanley or DeMelo won't make any difference if Appleton is exposed. I'm pretty sure they take Apples.

We are short of good Dmen here so we are inclined to focus more on them, but Seattle is going to have 10-15 better Dmen than DeMelo to choose from. They are not going to have all that much quality up front.

Yeah there's been lots written already that Seattle will have a plethora of good defensive options to choose from, but the talent at forward thought to be available will drop dramatically 6 picks in.

Appleton is the most likely loss even if Stanley is unprotected.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I shit you not, on Calgary puck right now there's people crapping on this deal, and making the case that Sam Bennett is a better player.

Flames fans have to be the dumbest in Canada

Good job Chevy

You brave soul, CP is full of dumbassess. I only visit that site when the Jets play them. I have to take a shower after reading that board.

They have a very irritating sense of superiority.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Yeah there's been lots written already that Seattle will have a plethora of good defensive options to choose from, but the talent at forward thought to be available will drop dramatically 6 picks in.

Appleton is the most likely loss even if Stanley is unprotected.
If that's true, I'd hope we don't offer any picks to Seattle and just let them pick Appleton

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Very happy with this deal. If it wasn't already obvious, Lowry said it explicitly in the interview: this is an organization and team that players want to be part of. As such, he left a little AAV on the table so there is room for the depth that is needed to build a long-term contending team.
Definitely deserves an A when the time comes.
Now the million dollar question is: does Copp feel the same way?

Actually, it's a 4 million dollar question...

An early indication?

Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 9.18.48 PM.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad