Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
e0cff6f23a38045644efa14cb6f586b9.gif

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Pretty solid AAV, this contract takes Lowry to age 33 which may be a little long but with the AAV we shouldn't really need to worry even if he falls off a bit by then.

Now this brings up some questions for the expansion draft. Chevy will almost certainly be using futures to protect everyone at this point.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Looks like Lowry will use a protection slot in the XD.

Which means the last slot gets used on Copp?

Good AAV. Term really depends on whether his body can hold up to his style of hockey. Overall, I like it.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Yes! Great news! I thought Adam was gone.

So we're likely losing Appleton - which sucks but I don't really see him being more than a middle six winger. I haven't liked him in Wheelers spot on the PP - he's an ok PKer but doesn't excel there, either.

Reactions: ps241 and Jets 31

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Very well could but I would juat as soon let them pick one of Appelton, Harkins, or Stanley and call it a day.

I'm not entirely to optimistic about this draft. Especially if our pick ends up being a late one. The odds we get anyone that's even on Stanley's level could be low. The Jets may reassess what they do depending on where our pick falls. If it's 17 and they really really like someone in that range they might be okay with letting one of them go. If it's 32 (likely not but who knows) then a year ago that's basically an early 2nd rounder so I think you just give them a pick and someone like Niku and hold your cards.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Nice deal. Obviously would have preferred the handshake deal but no biggy.

Protect Copp as the 7th, even a year away from UFA he has more value than Appleton or Harkins.

We'll lose a solid bottom 6er but that's life.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm not entirely to optimistic about this draft. Especially if our pick ends up being a late one. The odds we get anyone that's even on Stanley's level could be low. The Jets may reassess what they do depending on where our pick falls. If it's 17 and they really really like someone in that range they might be okay with letting one of them go. If it's 32 (likely not but who knows) then a year ago that's basically an early 2nd rounder so I think you just give them a pick and someone like Niku and hold your cards.

Yeah I haven't done much scouting on this draft so I don't have a good feel for it. I I.agine a lot of teams don't either. I don't think it would cost a first to get them to take Appelton over Stanley which is probably what Chevy intends.

EnglishJet

Jul 18, 2014
Nova Scotia
I don't mind this at all. Good AAV, the term isn't amazing but 33 isn't ancient and we're securing a core of FeFe, Dubois and Lowry through their primes. I'll take it.

I agree our first is going to Seattle to keep this together. I also agree this is the wrong move.

Reactions: kanadalainen

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Appleton had a real nice start but lately has been kinda meh, Harkins just got back and he serves a role on the 4th, both will never be top six let Seattle take one of them

I think Seattle will take Stanley or Berdin likely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad