Value of: Adam Larsson

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Adam Larsson for Shea Weber who adds ?

Edmonton can’t afford the salary difference and I can’t see why Montreal would move Weber for Larsson. We certainly wouldn’t pay anything remotely substantial on top since we aren’t swimming in assets or in possession of a long term cap dump to make the salary work beyond this year.

Those facts aside I don’t want the term that comes with Weber’s contract. Much rather ride it out with Larsson

Reactions: nturn06 and 780il

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Adam Larsson for Shea Weber who adds ?

On ice play Weber is the far better player . The question is how long he will be the better player for . Then you have to consider his cap hit once he declines . Larsson contract is much easier to deal with plus Larsson is a physical player that playoff teams love . I would pass on a deal that was Larsson for Weber even tho I believe Weber would vastly improve the Oilers today , its the long term ramification I don't like

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Lots of junk offers for Larsson but not surprised

Yep. He could probably be had, but not for the extra pieces being offered here. We're going to need a couple of decent young forwards for him. I actually could see Roslovic as being one piece for him, but I don't see another that would fill the gap properly, unless we are talking about guys who would be too valuable for this trade, like Ehlers or Lowry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad