Value of: Adam Larsson

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I'd give up Johnsson + Liljegren + 2019 2nd (1st if Leafs make ECF). Doubt that moves the needle very much for EDM, but that's a decent package.

Switch Johnsson + 2nd out and insert Kapanen.

We likely can’t even do that but the value is there

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Moving Larrson doesn't solve any of Edmonton's problems.

OP, please look at rosters before making these threads.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
A lot of players NEED to be moved out ! I'm getting sick and tired of the indifferent and no intensity play that the Oilers inevitably revert to year after year after year! We've fired about all the GM'S and coaches that we can the last several years and the team STILL sucks!! Maybe they need an exorcism on what is clearly some kind of jinx on this team?

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Edmonton brutally overpaid for Larsson.

In turn, any team looking to acquire Larsson from Edmonton will have to brutally overpay.

They should hang onto him.
This is the truth and should be stickied to the top of every Larsson trade thread.

He is worth more to the Oilers than pretty much every team trying to trade for him. Unless you want to brutally overpay for him, he's staying put.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
A lot of players NEED to be moved out ! I'm getting sick and tired of the indifferent and no intensity play that the Oilers inevitably revert to year after year after year! We've fired about all the GM'S and coaches that we can the last several years and the team STILL sucks!! Maybe they need an exorcism on what is clearly some kind of jinx on this team?
Players don't need to be moved out, players need to be brought in.

Reactions: Blueston

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
He'd be a great fit for Toronto...no idea what we would offer though, because if the Oilers trade their best RHD....their immediate need becomes top pair RHD...which the Leafs clearly don't have available.

Many fans hope that Bouchard will be come that . The problem with the Oilers D is the group as a whole don't work . We have some good defenders but no puck movers . Nurse has gotten better this year in that respect . Really odd that in Edmonton case the sum of the whole is less then the individual parts . I would move Larsson plus for Hamilton type of deal or a good winger plus a good D prospect that can skate

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Johnsson, Zaitsev, Brown & 2nd

____ - McDavid - Brown
Johnsson - Draisaitl - ____

Rielly - Larsson

If Zaitsev is in there Lucic is going back which I know isn't happening . Keep your cap dumps out and we will keep ours out of the thread . Kap +

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I think everyone in Edmonton should be available except

McD and RNH
Klefbom and Nurse

Players available for upgrades Larsson , maybe Nurse . I don't think Larsson will ever lived the Hall trade down . It isn't his fault but fans in Edmonton will always judge him base on Hall

Prospects I would like to keep Jones , Benson , Marody , McLeod , Maximov , Persson , Yamamoto and Puljujarvi .

Of course all prospects and picks are available I am listing who I would like to build around

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
I think they're are closer in value than that. I'm a fan of Risto so Oiler fans might disagree but I think something could be worked out here.
He's a massive swedish homer, so i would take his value evaluations of swedish players with a grain of salt.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Moving Larrson doesn't solve any of Edmonton's problems.

OP, please look at rosters before making these threads.

That is a blanket statement . Moving Larsson for Hamilton for instance improves puck moving and PP .

A future D of

Klefbom Hamilton
Nurse Bouchard
Jones Bear

3 decent defensive LD that still can move the puck . 3 RD that have booming shots and can move the puck . All good skaters . Bouchard needs a little work in that regards

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
That is a blanket statement . Moving Larsson for Hamilton for instance improves puck moving and PP .

A future D of

Klefbom Hamilton
Nurse Bouchard
Jones Bear

3 decent defensive LD that still can move the puck . 3 RD that have booming shots and can move the puck . All good skaters . Bouchard needs a little work in that regards

Klefbom and Hamilton would bleed goals against though. If Bouchard comes in and makes it as a top 4 D, then he brings what Hamilton would. That's three offense first, weak defense RD that you have pencilled in. I don't see how that works at all, to be honest. We move the puck better, sure. But none of Klefbom, Nurse or Jones are solid enough defensively to carry the load as shutdown defensemen. Nurse is probably the best defensively of the group, and that's a scary thought.

Romkey

Jul 24, 2011
Switch Johnsson + 2nd out and insert Kapanen.

We likely can’t even do that but the value is there
IDK, I'd maybe move Kappy + 2nd for Larsson. I wouldn't add Liljegren. Value-wise I think both of those offers are relatively close to getting it done. Maybe a couple spare parts and some salary moving around as well.

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018

A future D of

Klefbom Hamilton
Nurse Bouchard
Jones Bear

No kidding that moving Larsson for another RD would improve in the areas that the other d is better. Hamilton is worth more than Larsson and Carolina doesn't need another RD so that's not even a good comparison.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
IDK, I'd maybe move Kappy + 2nd for Larsson. I wouldn't add Liljegren. Value-wise I think both of those offers are relatively close to getting it done. Maybe a couple spare parts and some salary moving around as well.

We’d need a RD back. I like Kapanen but I’d pass if the add was a pick

Romkey

Jul 24, 2011
We’d need a RD back. I like Kapanen but I’d pass if the add was a pick
I know I'm gonna get flamed by every fan, but Zaitsev really isn't as bad as people think. Watching him play with someone who knows what to do in their own end (Dermott), he plays really solid. When he's with Dermott he shuts down the cycle and holds the puck longer. With Gards he just throws it over to him and Gardiner gives it away. He'd be great with Klefbom or Nurse IMO.

I'd do Z + Johnsson + 2019 1st and MAYBE a Bracco level prospect for Larsson and someone like Toby Reider who can bring energy to the bottom 6. But I'm not Dubas so I don't really have much of a clue

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
With a moderate plus for Kadri? Larsson is younger but Kadri is signed to a similar steal of a deal for a little bit longer.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Klefbom and Hamilton would bleed goals against though. If Bouchard comes in and makes it as a top 4 D, then he brings what Hamilton would. That's three offense first, weak defense RD that you have pencilled in. I don't see how that works at all, to be honest. We move the puck better, sure. But none of Klefbom, Nurse or Jones are solid enough defensively to carry the load as shutdown defensemen. Nurse is probably the best defensively of the group, and that's a scary thought.

Bouchard does have to work on his foot speed. However this is fixable a la Draisiatl.

Hamilton is much farther ahead than Bouchard which means he would contribute immediately.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Zaitsev is of absolutely no interest, Leaf bois. Adding him to a package decreases its value to us, not increases it.

Larsson should not be available for positional downgrades plus extra stuff.

Reactions: 780il

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad