Value of: Adam Larsson

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
IMO with the GM change he could be a guy that becomes available. How many times do you see a GM come in and move out the old GM's players?

The problem is that we are LD heavy on the big team and on the farm:

LD
Klefbom
Nurse
Russell
Sekera (LTIR)
Manning
Gravel (Pending UFA)
Jones
Samorukov
Laggesson

RD
Larsson
Benning
Petrovic (Pending UFA)
Bouchard
Bear
Persson

If we move out Larsson, our 1RD would be Russell, Benning or Petrovic (enter puking smiley here).

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

HughJazz3dg

Jun 27, 2011
I miss Larsson a ton, he’s really the type of defense New Jersey needs. It sounds like you’d need another RHD coming back, so I don’t think we’d be great trading partners.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
I always thought the Leafs should've flipped Barrie to Edmonton for Larsson. He'd fit so well next to Rielly.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Bump. Need cheap/cost controlled center or winger.

Can also throw in Khaira, Puljujarvi.

Jut because Bear has emerged (thanks to taking offseason training seriously) doesn't mean Oilers should trade Larsson. Oilers made the mistake of trading Petry when J.Shultz emerged (well MacT chose to give Petry a one year contract instead of Schultz)

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Yeah we still need Larsson.

Kris Russell is currently playing top pair RD with Klefbom. That’s about all the needs to be said.

Klefbom Russell
Nurse Bear
Manning Benning

That’s what we’ve been rolling with. Do you really want to move Larsson without a comparable replacement coming back? I don’t unless it’s some crazy Hall return which isn’t happening.

The emergence of Bear finally gives us 4 D capable of playing top 4 mins effectively once a health Larsson returns.

Klefbom Larsson
Nurse Bear
Russell Benning
Manning

Id rather roll that down the stretch.

Last edited:

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Cody Ceci & Kasperi Kapanen
for
Adam Larsson & Jujhar Khaira

as a base

Khaira* - Goat - Moore
Rielly - Larsson*

Kapanen & McDavid would be unreal

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Cody Ceci & Kasperi Kapanen
for
Adam Larsson & Jujhar Khaira

as a base

Khaira* - Goat - Moore
Rielly - Larsson*

Kapanen & McDavid would be unreal

Absolutely not.

There's this misconception on HF that McDavid would mesh well with anyone who's fast. He plays well with smart players. He works so well with Draisaitl not because of his speed, but because he's one of the best passers in the league, can finish extremely well, and is a monster on the boards. Kapanen's a dumb player, and would not work with McDavid.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Moving Larsson doesn't make much sense for the Oil.

They hit on a lottery ticket with how good Bear has been, but neither Benning or Persson have done enough to steal a permanent top 6 job, let alone a top 4 one. This has resulted in Russell shifting back to the right side, and the team's transisiton and offence looking worse for it.

The Oil best bet moving forward involves having both Klefbom and Nurse each driving pairings that push the offence, and then having another pairing that can eat tough defensive match-ups and situations. Basically...

Nurse-Bear
Klefbom-Persson
Russell-Larsson

Sub in Bouchard for Persson when he's ready; and have Lagesson or Jones take over for Russell in the near future too.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Larsson + our 1st is ****ing terrible for Edmonton

Stop dreaming

It depends what EDM wants to achieve. Do you think you are strong enough to win the Cup this year ? If yes but you think you need some help on the secondary scoring and RHD, then you should be ready to trade your 1st for an upgrade. At the moment, Petry definitely looks like the better player vis-à-vis Larsson (and by far). I would love to see the Oilers win the cup and if they get Petry they may have a better shot at it.

The issue with Larsson is that the Oilers fans always see what they have paid for it (Hall) but that is a sunk cost right now, that should not play any kind of role in the current proposal

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
It depends what EDM wants to achieve. Do you think you are strong enough to win the Cup this year ? If yes but you think you need some help on the secondary scoring and RHD, then you should be ready to trade your 1st for an upgrade. At the moment, Petry definitely looks like the better player vis-à-vis Larsson (and by far). I would love to see the Oilers win the cup and if they get Petry they may have a better shot at it.

The issue with Larsson is that the Oilers fans always see what they have paid for it (Hall) but that is a sunk cost right now, that should not play any kind of role in the current proposal

The issue is with Larsson we can't agree on value... and most posters on here want him on the cheap. It makes no sense for Edmonton to sell low on Larsson.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
The issue is with Larsson we can't agree on value... and most posters on here want him on the cheap. It makes no sense for Edmonton to sell low on Larsson.

Well that is a reasonable answer. If EDM trades Larsson now, his value is going to be low compared to what he got a few years back (which was a really good deal for NJ...) but since the ask was to gauge the value of Larsson, I answered that indeed in order to get Petry or any good D-man you would need pick(s) :)

Reactions: TFHockey

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
That’s your opinion. I don’t agree.

you’re trying to tell the buyer how they should value your asset. The fact of the matter is we don’t value him at all. Any inclusion of Ceci in a Larsson deal just increases the price you’re paying for Larsson. We don’t need and don’t want Ceci and aren’t taking him off your hands just for shits and giggles.

Reactions: ivanlwan

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Don't you need players like Toffoli? Why don't you guys extend him?

lots of forwards will be pushing for spots in the next year or two. Not a lot of d-men will be.

Most would probably prefer to use Toffoli on a pick+prospect proposal opposed to Larsson. And truthfully I think I would prefer that too, but if that deal is not out there Larsson would be a good get

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Yeah we still need Larsson.

Kris Russell is currently playing top pair RD with Klefbom. That’s about all the needs to be said.

Yeah, should have stated it as 2020 summer deal. Bouchard will be ready for next season and we need to make room for Hall.

9BRziMl.png

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Yeah, should have stated it as 2020 summer deal. Bouchard will be ready for next season and we need to make room for Hall.

9BRziMl.png
I think you're jumping the gun a bit on Bouchard there. Still a ways to go before he's a safe bet playing 20+ minutes a night against elite NHL competition.

Larsson plays a unique role in Edmonton and will be an important player when it comes to easing someone like Bouchard onto the lineup. I don't see him getting moved at all.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
That’s your opinion. I don’t agree.

He’s clearly a downgrade and Larsson fits better on the top pairing beside Klefbom. We have less than zero interest in Ceci.

Klefbom Larsson
Nurse Bear

That gives us the ability to shelter Bouchard when he makes the club next year at RD. There simply isn’t a deal to be made with Toronto and Larsson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad