Player Discussion Adam Larsson Part II - The Right Hand (Mod Warning Post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Oilers tradition. Shoulder injuries for forwards, feet/lower body injuries for defenseman, and psyche injuries for goalies.

Let's see if Chiarelli is a competent GM unlike our previous circus and actually gets some help on D if Larsson is indeed gone for an extended period of time.

The last time the Oilers were in playoff contention this late into the year was 2009...the year Visnovsky went down at the start of February and, despite Derek Morris being on the block, Tambellini did **** all.....he was content with having Jason Strudwick as a regular fixture on the blueline.:rant:

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
wow, I had no clue Larsson was on McDavid's level of importance :laugh:

holy relax

You know better than this, is Talbot more important than McDavid? If Talbot goes down the season is over because we have zero gk depth. We have poor D depth but decent fwd depth. Doesn't say anything about who is the better or more important player though.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Let's see if Chiarelli is a competent GM unlike our previous circus and actually gets some help on D if Larsson is indeed gone for an extended period of time.

The last time the Oilers were in playoff contention this late into the year was 2009...the year Visnovsky went down at the start of February and, despite Derek Morris being on the block, Tambellini did **** all.....he was content with having Jason Strudwick as a regular fixture on the blueline.:rant:

What do you really expect at this point? Top 4 d are tough to come by, especially mid-year when the majority of the league is still in a playoff hunt. I could potentially see them grabbing someone, but it's probably a vet that really is just there so that you aren't playing more of your young AHL guys.

As for Larsson, was he at the skills yesterday doing anything?

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I wasn't very clear.

I meant that if Larssons injury was that bad, Oesterle would have been called up a day earlier. I say this because I think they would've had a completed assessment by then.

Ahh I see. Thought maybe you missed the news from yesterday. I didn't even know about it until I saw the Oesterle Thread lol.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
My worst case scenario switch was definitely flipped here. :laugh:

Glad he's back in. I like Benning but we need to keep him down the lineup.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
My worst case scenario switch was definitely flipped here. :laugh:

Glad he's back in. I like Benning but we need to keep him down the lineup.

I agree to an extent. I think that Calgary game was a very good test for Benning. He played Gaudreau so well and kept him off the puck most of the night. If he can do this to other players, look out!

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Great news that he's back in. He's a crucial part of our defence.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Benning is going to be a stud n this league ,better then his dad and uncle

Put me in the group that believes Benning will be a stud. I was impressed with his skating and shot in the skills competition and was surprised that he showed better than Davidson in both those events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad