Player Discussion Adam Larsson Part II - The Right Hand (Mod Warning Post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScrillaVilla

Sep 22, 2008
Edmonton
He's not participating in the Oilers skills competition this afternoon.

Well, he blocked a shot with his foot. He's not playing in games or practicing. Coach "hopes" it isnt too long term. It doesn't take the Hardly boys to figure this one out. Likely a fracture or broken bone.

iu

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Well, he blocked a shot with his foot. He's not playing in games or practicing. Coach "hopes" it isnt too long term. It doesn't take the Hardly boys to figure this one out. Likely a fracture or broken bone.

iu

I could have swore when I saw the replay of the shot block it hit him higher than the ankle. Don't know where to find it as I saw it on the broadcast yesterday, but the one they showed was definitely much higher off the ice than skate height.

ScrillaVilla

Sep 22, 2008
Edmonton
I could have swore when I saw the replay of the shot block it hit him higher than the ankle. Don't know where to find it as I saw it on the broadcast yesterday, but the one they showed was definitely much higher off the ice than skate height.

Well regardless of where in that general area it hit him, the evidence seems rather obvious. If it was no big deal, I think the verbal we'd hear would be more like "maintenace day" or "just a precaution". I am not saying its long term, but I am thinking 2 weeks best case.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Should have heard about an MRI by now if they felt one was needed, no? Thinking a bad bruise as well and he's just gonna have to wait it out. And hopefully it's short term :)

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I think we'd have heard something if it was something broken by now, but who knows. MRI might take longer, but again I'm not sure why they'd be taking an MRI for a shot block unless he had an avulsion fracture tearing the ligament or tendon from the bone, which is pretty unlikely I'd think. No point speculating at this point though, I'm sure we'll know soon enough if its a short or longterm thing.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I think we'd have heard something if it was something broken by now, but who knows. MRI might take longer, but again I'm not sure why they'd be taking an MRI for a shot block unless he had an avulsion fracture tearing the ligament or tendon from the bone, which is pretty unlikely I'd think. No point speculating at this point though, I'm sure we'll know soon enough if its a short or longterm thing.

well considering that we still don't know what is up with pak, like 3 months later, i wouldn't be so sure about that, lol

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
well considering that we still don't know what is up with pak, like 3 months later, i wouldn't be so sure about that, lol

Pak went into the boards quite hard on his knee. I thought it was pretty obvious that he probably had a bad knee sprain. The rehab can be quite variable for that so its not all that surprising that as timeline was never announced, not to mention he was hardly a lock to even make the team. I'd expect to hear more on a player like Larsson who is a fixture in our lineup. I think by now they would have announced if he was going to be out long term (i.e. a broken bone), rather than just a few days to a week or 2. Who knows though, I still can't fully picture the video of where he even got hit so its hard to say.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
If we lose Larsson for an extended time this team is probably gonna have a hard time staying in a playoff spot. Hope it's not too bad.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Now that the Green Bay-Dallas game is over, I immediately thought about the Larsson injury and how I have a very bad feeling about it. I really hope we find out something concrete soon instead of this day to day crap although Mclellan did say with the Nurse injury right after the game that it was a long term thing so I hold out some glimmer of hope that this isn't more than a couple of week thing at worst.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Hopefully it's just precautionary since they play tomorrow. Have to think if Larsson was on crutches or something like that we would've heard about it...

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Hopefully it's just precautionary since they play tomorrow. Have to think if Larsson was on crutches or something like that we would've heard about it...

I thought I saw him on the bench with Draisaitl and Nurse, but maybe not. I wasn't really paying attention when the camera went to them. As for Oesterle callup I think they'd be doing that regardless of whether Larsson was day to day or longterm. They only had 22 on the active roster and if Larssons out for the game tomorrow then its obvious to call up another D incase someone gets sick or something and can't go.

As for the last 5 or 6 posts in this thread, some of you need to relax lol. Everything's not always gloom and doom when someone gets hurt.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Yikes, not good. So it's essentially a for sure he doesn't play this week. Question is, how much longer?

I don't know that its a for sure. They called Oesterle up also when Sekera had the flu. Even if he was just missing a game or 2 they'd be dumb to only have 6 healthy D on the roster because if someone got injured in the pregame skate or woke up feeling under the weather then they'd basically be hooped trying to get a D in from Bakersfield in time for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia