Player Discussion Adam Larsson (Hall talk will result in a thread ban)

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
It looked intentional.
The target was the head.
The player that Larsson hit didn't seem to have the intention to do anything to him.
Heck it was even after the play.
I think we've seen suspensions for worse things.
Larsson was barely skating when he hit him....it wasn't intentional nor malicious

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Get whatever you can get for him before next season.

You can only have one $4M bottom pairing defenseman and somehow Russell is vastly better than he is.

Reactions: DerpMorg

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I thought Larsson looked pretty decent against Buffalo

ummmm.... ya. Other than that. Still waiting for him to produce.
Produce what?

I mean seriously, in every other thread everyone complains to no end about how we have the worst fwds in the league except for McDrai and that no one can score. Then they turn around to ask why a defensive D does not produce... Come on.

Reactions: tardigrade81

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
people are ripping Larsson yet our supposed #1 defenseman Oscar "overrated" Klefbom is a -20 on the season...-5 in his last 2 games alone

and if Oscar is nicked up, sit him down

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
One of the posts on the first pages summed up this pretty good. A short rant about why Tippet keeps on putting out Larsson on the PK since he was on for 3/4 PP GA against Carolina... Because he is slow, cannot move the puck, etc etc.

A joke of a post that no one reacted to.

Edit: not true, some liked it. And what makes that worse is that they are good posters, although there were more things in that post so the likes could of course be related to that.

Last edited:

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Oh, and +- is a really stupid stat in general if used for measure of individual performace.

Neal's first 7 minuses had literally nothing to do with him and he did nothing wrong at all in terms of play or positioning. I checked every single one of them about a month ago because I was sick of seeing cgy fans all over him for being a minus player with like 10goals scored.

Reactions: Aerrol

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Produce what?

I mean seriously, in every other thread everyone complains to no end about how we have the worst fwds in the league except for McDrai and that no one can score. Then they turn around to ask why a defensive D does not produce... Come on.
I didn’t say he is or isn’t producing. I just said he looked better in buffalo than he has in past games. He was skating around pretty good and generates some chances for some of the forwards. As usual they passed the puck way too much but I didn’t think Larsson had a bad game against Buffalo. I do think some overreact with wanting him gone but overall he hasn’t done a lot for the team. But my original point was, maybe he is getting better as the seaso. Progresses.

Reactions: LaGu

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
If the Leafs are still looking for help on the blueline, I think moving Larsson there for a forward is the best not H*ll option at this point. I really like Adam Larsson, but it's time for he and the organization to part ways.

Reactions: tardigrade81

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
If the Leafs are still looking for help on the blueline, I think moving Larsson there for a forward is the best not H*ll option at this point. I really like Adam Larsson, but it's time for he and the organization to part ways.

Larsson+ for Nylander?

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I would LOVE that, I was thinking more Kapanen, Johnsson or Kerfoot, but Larsson, Manning(cap), Yamamoto and 2nd for Nylander and Marincin? I would be happy with this.

My thinking is the Leafs won't want to take on any cap.

Trade Larsson and a pick/prospecr (Puljujarvi?) for Nylander, send Gagner and Manning down and we can make it work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad