Tribute Adam Larsson Appreciation Thread

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Liked Larssons playingstyle and quiet leadership.

Will be missed on a weak defensive right side and pk.

If believe his own words, he seems to be a sensitive soul.

Can understand losing a father at 50 years who was so close to him growing up, he was always there for him, cant fully understand if you not experience such bounds.

He didnt left for money, he went to a bottom feeder, that says much.

He wasnt prio 1 either, then had Holland went after him long before expansion draft and perhaps got answers.

Its pretty awful that a poster whos been expelled from Hf boards, comes back with a replacement name and spew hate on a player he thought was trash from day 1 he arrived and trashed him in every gtd and Larsson thread. Now speaking about let the team down, when he should celebrate instead, Huuh.

He had in my view a up and down Oiler time great 2016 and last season, but some shaky periods between his injurys. Losing his best friend Klefbom perhaps made the decision to leave easier.

But i always like a warrior and wish him the best in his career and personal life.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Liked Larssons playingstyle and quiet leadership.

Will be missed on a weak defensive right side and pk.

If believe his own words, he seems to be a sensitive soul.

Can understand losing a father at 50 years who was so close to him growing up, he was always there for him, cant fully understand if you not experience such bounds.

He didnt left for money, he went to a bottom feeder, that says much.

He wasnt prio 1 either, then had Holland went after him long before expansion draft and perhaps got answers.

Its pretty awful that a poster whos been expelled from Hf boards, comes back with a replacement name and spew hate on a player he thought was trash from day 1 he arrived and trashed him in every gtd and Larsson thread. Now speaking about let the team down, when he should celebrate instead, Huuh.

He had in my view a up and down Oiler time great 2016 and last season, but some shaky periods between his injurys. Losing his best friend Klefbom perhaps made the decision to leave easier.

But i always like a warrior and wish him the best in his career and personal life.

Bolded is wrong, wrong, wrong.

The facts are he was presented with a better offer much earlier in the year, turned it down, and turned down further attempts to retain him. It’s exactly like you said, he left for personal reasons.

200.gif

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Some folks are trying to portray this as a black/white decision but to me it’s clear there was some level of thought put in Larsson’s decision. I’m sure even in his mind, part of him wanted to stay.

For all we know, it could have come to a head in the last few moments before the expansion draft, when Larsson finally decided to let go of his time here and move on. He actually even did us a favor by signing with Seattle instead of signing somewhere else as UFA and having the Kraken also take another player off our roster on top.

Good luck Lars. Im sorry things didn’t work out here and although what happened to your father in this city may always stay with you, I hope you find some peace.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Anyone bitter we don't still have Hall?

Him and Drai were dynamite together.
We need to move on. Hall could’ve come here this summer and chose Boston to play with whoever’s going to be their second line center.

Our top 6 should be good enough to win a cup now if the rest of our team pulls their weight.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
We need to move on. Hall could’ve come here this summer and chose Boston to play with whoever’s going to be their second line center.

Our top 6 should be good enough to win a cup now if the rest of our team pulls their weight.
It might have been for the best. If Hall stayed here he probably would have had a better career, and we would have re signed him for much more than Boston did as a result (and the team would have been equally flawed, if not moreso without Larsson on D). That means no Hyman here too, and maybe continue to force RNH with McDavid. Just a thought, kind of like how people lament us trading Petry. Well... if we kept him that means no McDavid

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Wish him the best of luck. He had his ups and downs while he was here, but if you look at those related to his Dad's passing I so think there is a big emotional aspect to this for him and I believe what he says.

Reactions: Mr Positive

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
When I was on the ferry from Victoria to Vancouver on Monday I sat near a guy that could have been Larson’s doppledanger. Almost went up to him to ask him if his name was Adam but didn’t want to be weird.

D4ngleSZN

Sep 26, 2021
Lol Larsson had a good half year and seems like a great but the doom and gloom over someone that was a bottom pairing defenseman for 2.5 years previous leaving is quite funny. He looked pretty bad today.

Reactions: Aerchon

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Yeah get your shots in after game 1 of the season with a new team, very classy.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Yeah get your shots in after game 1 of the season with a new team, very classy.

Are people not allowed to critique actual game play now?

I guarantee you Oilers players are not going to be immune to this even ones who are with a new team.

Reactions: frag2 and 5 14 6 1

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Are people not allowed to critique actual game play now?

I guarantee you Oilers players are not going to be immune to this even ones who are with a new team.

This is the new society we live in. Be positive or else you get called out.

Contrary opinions are no longer acceptable unless they correlate with the majority viewpoint.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
This is the new society we live in. Be positive or else you get called out.

Contrary opinions are no longer acceptable unless they correlate with the majority viewpoint.
Do you have a problem with the new society??? Get out of these boards you new society hater!

Reactions: gordonhught

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Things that make you say hmmmm:
Can't help wondering if the Oilers offer was intended to set a minimum bidding price for Larsson. If the Oilers really wanted to sign him, there was opportunity to do so. Think there is a back story here involving a move / change for Larsson ?
He said he wanted a change of scenery due to the bad memory of having his dad pass away here. If moving somewhere else helps him get over that, then can't really question him I guess.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He said he wanted a change of scenery due to the bad memory of having his dad pass away here. If moving somewhere else helps him get over that, then can't really question him I guess.
He also I believe mentioned that Klefbom being pretty much gone now made it harder to stay too.

Reactions: nabob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad