Pre-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 1 8:11 PM - THE BEAR swims in the Everglades - ESPN, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Hopefully the Bruins have an entire wall in the locker room full of all the doubt the sports media across the league has in them. Use it as motivation. Us against the world

If this team needs outside motivation to play to their potential in the NHL playoffs against the team that embarassed them last year they shouldn't have bothered winning game 7 against Toronto.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Bruins are going to battle in this series. Bruin fans will be pumped. No one want to lose to a team in Florida that wears white cabana pants, pink fedoras and flowered shirts. Come on. Real men wear black and gold.

Reactions: lopey

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
This is a series that is almost impossible to handicap

Bruins beat them all 4 games this year but handed the Panthers the top seed to avoid playing Tampa Bay and play Toronto instead,
So you’re saying there’s a chance? :wg:
Actually, I fully agree with @Fenway ! Even think Bruins might have advantage in the first two games having the fabled or fictional momentum factor. I would play Linus tonight then go back to Swayman in game 2.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
If they can turn it into a goalie battle, there's a chance to win the series.

Bob wasn't good in round 1 despite the 4-1 series win with only a .896 sv%. He had 1 stellar game in game 5 with a .969. But games 1-4 were .895, .913, .897, .813

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
7 more hours ? wtf

I hate this 8 o’clock starts

Isn’t Australia something like 10 hours ahead of us ?

We got a few Aussies here. Can someone pm me the Final? I’m glad Friday is 7 - getting home 12:30 come on 🤮

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I feel like the fact that there's almost no expectation on this group to win this round should help them. That's a huge burden off their shoulders. They can go out and play their game and whatever happens happens. You could tell how tense they were in the back half of the Toronto series. I'd expect them to be much looser, in a positive way, this round.

I'm keeping an open mind with Brown. He was signed because he allegedly hits everything and everyone. I don't really recall seeing that during his games with the big club this year, but maybe we see a Herculean effort from him tonight to bring extra physicality.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So Brown was emergency ? Where is he’s replacing boqvist?

He’s been very good in Providence but he’s also played over 20 Stanley Cup playoff games and scored 3 goals so he shouldn’t have much angst and knows the routine

Makes sense

DoubleBack

Apr 29, 2024
Why would you bench a goalie who's 4-2 with a 1.49 GAA and a .950 s%? Those are Thomas 2011-level numbers. I don't care who we have as the backup, you keep riding the hot hand.

Especially one that's very public about his grievances and needs an extension this summer lol.
It's the smart play, it's the safe play for Monty and the Bruins. Ride Sway until he slips, you have a great back-up plan.

I told people I know last season and again this season and just this week, Swayman is a guy who can steal a Cup. I hope, just maybe he can start with a few series.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I know many are dreading this series. Thinking we may not be able to compete.

I disagree. This is the match up I wanted all year. I want revenge. And the Bruins are younger, bigger and healthier going into this series than they were last season. Like when they shit-kicked the Flyers after blowing the 3-0 lead, I want to shit-kick the f***ing Panthers.

I understand the fear... Makes sense and I don't begrudge anyone for feeling iffy about our chances. But I don't share that hesitation.

Let's go.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If they can turn it into a goalie battle, there's a chance to win the series.

Bob wasn't good in round 1 despite the 4-1 series win with only a .896 sv%. He had 1 stellar game in game 5 with a .969. But games 1-4 were .895, .913, .897, .813

This is where I think the Panthers are vulnerable.

In 2022-23, a 34-year old Bobrovsky played 50 regular season games and had 3 1/2 weeks off before being inserted into series.

In 2023-24, a 35-year old Bobrovsky played 58 regular season games and started Game 81 on April 13. Add in the 5 games vs. TB and he's at game 63 and coming off a week of rest.

I give the Bruins the edge in net whether it's Swayman or Ullmark. Even if they go with one guy the entire series, this is where having them split time all regular season pays off in the playoffs.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
My fear is they keep playing Sway and he gets sick or hurt and then they bring in Linus who is COLD.

Can’t make lineup changes about things that haven’t happened and things you can control like a future sickness or injury.

Swayman was their best player last round and has played 6 games in the last 20 days. As a 25 year old professional athlete he shouldn’t need any rest so you keep him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad