Player Discussion Adam Gaudette, Pt. II

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Gaudette 1 G in his last 12 games? 3 P in his last 9 games? 8 P in his last 17 games. Gaudette is slowly coming back down.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Gaudette 1 G in his last 12 games? 3 P in his last 9 games? 8 P in his last 17 games. Gaudette is slowly coming back down.

Those bad with numbers reading your posts would think that Gaudette is showing progression.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Just for comparison...

Sutter: 9 points in his last 28 games

Gaudette: 16 points in his last 28 games

He's already showing well offensively.

Reactions: Disappointed EP40

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Its funny when theres a small argument on here and one person over time gets proven wrong but sticks to the bad argument cause they cant admit defeat and then they just DIG IN and refuse to see reality. Could even be a smart person i bet, but getting blinded by the mistake. Everyone else happy with Gaudettes progression and some hope and expect for higher others think where hes at is good. Anyways

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Just for comparison...

Sutter: 9 points in his last 28 games

Gaudette: 16 points in his last 28 games

He's already showing well offensively.
It makes you gulp hard to realize that the Canucks have more than $14m in cap space tied up in Sutter, Ferland and Eriksson. Two guys can't get off IR and the third guy plays every six games or so.

Just think of what the Canucks could do on the open market with $14m in their jeans.

Reactions: vanuck

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It makes you gulp hard to realize that the Canucks have more than $14m in cap space tied up in Sutter, Ferland and Eriksson. Two guys can't get off IR and the third guy plays every six games or so.

Just think of what the Canucks could do on the open market with $14m in their jeans.
Thinking of Benning with $14 million in his jeans to spend on the open market makes me break into a cold sweat.
But yeah if it was spent wisely it could buy a lot especially from cap strapped teams.

Jrtu

Jun 22, 2010
Thinking of Benning with $14 million in his jeans to spend on the open market makes me break into a cold sweat.
But yeah if it was spent wisely it could buy a lot especially from cap strapped teams.

Hey, that sounds similar...
Oh right... that’s us!

Reactions: vanuck

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016

I don't think you want the Canucks to have extra 14 M cap space. That means Gaudette will be in the ahl. Remember one thing, Gaudette has the third line center spot because Sutter can't stay healthy and not because he won that spot.

5 on 5 Sutter has 9 P and Gaudette has 9 points. Sutter has that in 5 less games, everyone here think Sutter is horrible 5 on 5 player and yet he has the same amount of points with 5 less games. You are indirectly saying Gaudette is horrible 5 on 5 as well. Seem like most people here are just generalizing.

Pp, no argument from me, he is definitely better

Best option is to find a spot for him like how Columbus used Gagner.

Remember when Gaudette doesn't take over the second line center spot from Horvat. I want you go to on the I was wrong thread and admit you are wrong and dont hide in the corner

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
A first round pick from the Leafs in a deep draft for taking Marleau's 6 mil would have been nice
Coincidentally, that was the exact example I was thinking of when I typed that.
Another one is when we acquired Christian Ehrhoff for peanuts because San Jose was up against the cap and we had room.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Its funny when theres a small argument on here and one person over time gets proven wrong but sticks to the bad argument cause they cant admit defeat and then they just DIG IN and refuse to see reality. Could even be a smart person i bet, but getting blinded by the mistake. Everyone else happy with Gaudettes progression and some hope and expect for higher others think where hes at is good. Anyways

Explain to me how I am wrong? I don't Think you know the difference between opinion and facts. If more people share the same opinion it doesn't mean it's right.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
The Semi-Official "Holy crap how wrong I was about..." Thread

Everyone that predicts Gaudette will take over from Pettersson, take over from Horvat, 60 points, second line winger, 30 G, 50 points.

If you did say one of these items or close to it and Gaudette doesn't achieve this. I want everyone to go on this thread and admit you are wrong. If I am wrong, I would gladly admit I am wrong as well. Let's say by the end of 2022 season.

Reply Yes if we have a deal

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The Semi-Official "Holy crap how wrong I was about..." Thread

Everyone that predicts Gaudette will take over from Pettersson, take over from Horvat, 60 points, second line winger, 30 G, 50 points.

If you did say one of these items or close to it and Gaudette doesn't achieve this. I want everyone to go on this thread and admit you are wrong. If I am wrong, I would gladly admit I am wrong as well.

Reply Yes if we have a deal
You’re really going out on a limb here.
I doubt more than a couple of posters think he will take over from Horvat and I can’t imagine anyone thinks he’ll be better than EP.
There’s always going to be a few who have unreasonable expectations for young players.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
You’re really going out on a limb here.
I doubt more than a couple of posters think he will take over from Horvat and I can’t imagine anyone thinks he’ll be better than EP.
There’s always going to be a few who have unreasonable expectations for young players.

Ronningmomessobooth thinks there is a good chance he can be better than Pettersson
I counted about 6 or 7 that made one of the predictions I listed.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Ronningmomessobooth thinks there is a good chance he can be better than Pettersson
I counted about 6 or 7 that made one of the predictions I listed.
Well the EP prediction is so far out in left field I wouldn’t even bother addressing it.
I mean there’s a small percentage chance he could be better than Horvat but I don’t think it’s a realistic position based on what we know. If Gaudette ever puts up 50 points I’d be ecstatic. He can develop into an elite third line center but he has a long way to go yet.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I don't think you want the Canucks to have extra 14 M cap space. That means Gaudette will be in the ahl. Remember one thing, Gaudette has the third line center spot because Sutter can't stay healthy and not because he won that spot.

5 on 5 Sutter has 9 P and Gaudette has 9 points. Sutter has that in 5 less games, everyone here think Sutter is horrible 5 on 5 player and yet he has the same amount of points with 5 less games. You are indirectly saying Gaudette is horrible 5 on 5 as well. Seem like most people here are just generalizing.

Pp, no argument from me, he is definitely better

Best option is to find a spot for him like how Columbus used Gagner.

Remember when Gaudette doesn't take over the second line center spot from Horvat. I want you go to on the I was wrong thread and admit you are wrong and dont hide in the corner

Cant be bothered to check but were you that sociopath who went in to that thread and decided "This would be a great thread to list all the things I feel I was right about.." :laugh::laugh::laugh:

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston
Cant be bothered to check but were you that sociopath who went in to that thread and decided "This would be a great thread to list all the things I feel I was right about.." :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Haha yep. Listed one wrong thing and then felt the need to rattle off everything they were "right about". Very insecure.

And now they're going to act like the posters who believe Gaudette is a promising young player think he's a bonafide top line center in waiting, and derail this thread.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

groov2

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
Well the EP prediction is so far out in left field I wouldn’t even bother addressing it.
I mean there’s a small percentage chance he could be better than Horvat but I don’t think it’s a realistic position based on what we know. If Gaudette ever puts up 50 points I’d be ecstatic. He can develop into an elite third line center but he has a long way to go yet.

Out of curiosity, what exactly is an elite third line centre? Is it a really good second line centre? A decent first line centre?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad