Player Discussion Adam Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
you do when you’re trying to build a stanley cup champion team. I love fox but he’s earned an absurd salary and it’s going to make future decisions extremely difficult.

I doubt a bunch of sports journalists voting for a reputation award would really move the needle. His agent knows his value regardless.

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
This team is very fun to watch, and it’s pleasing heading into the summer knowing that the most concerning cap-hits come from players (namely Kreider and Trouba) who are still effective and in their primes. Aside from that, there isn’t really dead-weight aside from Howden. How many other teams are able to say that their scapegoat player is on an ELC? Only kind of joking on that last bit.

EDIT: I meant to post this in the Roster Building Thread, my bad. On the topic of Fox, he hasconsistently displayed his level of intelligence beyond the level of exxageration and memes, and I am not at all concerned about his future cap-hit - similar to how Panarin's managed to be of great value thus-far.

Last edited:
Reactions: NYR4LIFE9

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
yeah well, with Kreider, Trouba, Panarin and possibly Zibby this is destined to be an issue b/c Fox, Kakko and Laf will also cost a fortune. Not to mention the goalie.

I imagine fans want to resign Buch too.
I know they get a bit of help from state taxes, but if Tampa can pull off their cap every year, there’s no reason we shouldn’t be able to figure stuff out too.

we’re gonna have a lot of the dead space coming off in these coming years with the ELCs expiring. This was planned.

Reactions: haveandare

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
yeah well, with Kreider, Trouba, Panarin and possibly Zibby this is destined to be an issue b/c Fox, Kakko and Laf will also cost a fortune. Not to mention the goalie.

I imagine fans want to resign Buch too.

The Rangers won’t hesitate to pay Fox over everyone you mentioned. They will do absolutely anything they need to to lock him up long term.

And no matter what the cap hit or term, Fox will be worth it.

It’s the easiest decision the team has to make. It’s the easiest decision they’ve had to make since the creation of the cap.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
The Rangers won’t hesitate to pay Fox over everyone you mentioned. They will do absolutely anything they need to to lock him up long term.

And no matter what the cap hit or term, Fox will be worth it.

It’s the easiest decision the team has to make. It’s the easiest decision they’ve had to make since the creation of the cap.

you and all who liked missed the point

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I know they get a bit of help from state taxes, but if Tampa can pull off their cap every year, there’s no reason we shouldn’t be able to figure stuff out too.

we’re gonna have a lot of the dead space coming off in these coming years with the ELCs expiring. This was planned.

they’re sitting their two top players to get under

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
you and all who liked missed the point

I understand the point. It’s just irrelevant.

The Rangers will lock up Fox long term and then work things around keeping him. Just like every team that’s ever had a superstar before them.

The goal is to become a great team filled with talent and the destiny of all teams like that are tough cap decisions. It’s inevitable.

And none of it will effect Fox.

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
you do when you’re trying to build a stanley cup champion team. I love fox but he’s earned an absurd salary and it’s going to make future decisions extremely difficult.

Really dude?

"Adam Fox's salary is going to make things difficult in the future. Imagine what we could do with our roster with the cap hit he will likely command. We could sign a player like Adam Fox for that kind of money."

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019

The Rangers will lock up Fox long term and then work things around keeping him. Just like every team that’s ever had a superstar before them.

The goal is to become a great team filled with talent and the destiny of all teams like that are tough cap decisions. It’s inevitable.

ignoring the point yet again along with the likes.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008

Adam fox and shesty are the 2 more important players in this organization. Winning or going far becomes next to impossible without either guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad