Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
He's our Derek Jeter.

iu

Not great at any one thing or measurable. Elite where it matters.

YOU KNOW THE VIBES

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
abysmal? you talking about 38 year old Jeter? I'm talking about prime winning 4 WS Jeter.
yes. jeter was always horrendous defensively. he had some really good 1Bs to cover for his horrible throws.

the guy could hit for average and did well in the playoffs and always “said the right things” etc.

fox is a complete player but doesn’t really talk. he’s very different from jeter.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I don't really want to pull on this string but... Fox might actually win the Norris if he continues to extend his points lead.

Adam Fox... 100 years Adam Fox 100 times. www.adamfox. com

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Fox deserves to win the Norris although I think Hedman will actually win. Think the Lightning being a playoff team tips the scales towards Hedman for a standard voter

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Fox deserves to win the Norris although I think Hedman will actually win. Think the Lightning being a playoff team tips the scales towards Hedman for a standard voter

The award is for best defender, not the most valuable defender, is it not? I don't get why how good the team is matters.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

That matters for the Hart, but IDK about the Norris.

It's possible that's what put Doughty over Karlsson in 2016, but I honestly don't know. Teams that miss the playoffs don't typically have a Norris finalist.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
He was always bad defensively.

Fox does already have the jealousy and attention from their cross town orange and blue wearing sibling though.
his range was bad. Besides that, I don't remember him being bad defensively. Especially when he first came up. As time went on he got fatter and slower

but like I was saying... Decent/good at everything, big brain and a clutch winner.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
The award is for best defender, not the most valuable defender, is it not? I don't get why how good the team is matters.

I have no idea why it matters but if we're talking about who will win you kind of how to note that never in the history of the league has a player won the Norris on a team that did not make the playoffs (unless you count Josi last year whose team lost in the qualifying round).

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
personally yes I absolutely agree with you

I also don’t have a vote and so my opinion doesn’t matter. With how these writers vote no one should be shocked if Hedman wins because of the playoffs thing

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Fox was lucky to be awarded that assist last night.
Lucky for him would've him being drafted on a monster team. Now he has to carry the New York Rangers and do more than his own pulling. The one who's lucky is you as a Rangers fan. ;) I don't think isolated assists has much to do with it. That comes down to averages of the mean.

He's playing like a star player. That's all anyone can hope and wish for. I think the next season will be quite successful for the Rangers. It'll be an interesting window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad