Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 6 - TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT - THANK YOU JACK EDWARDS - Series tied 3-3

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Captain Obvious said the same thing. Maybe DS can get enough for Pasta in a trade.
If they can wake Mr Burns long enough from the crypt Sweeney might not be around to do any offseason moves if they blow this one!

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
I agree I’m saying the other two forwards on his line needs be the ones digging in the trenches to get him the puck, he’s clearly not suited to be a board battler but the utilization could also be adjusted.
Sort of yes they all need to be better, but even when a board battle was won, particularly I remember Marchand winning one, they had two guys right next to Pasta and Marchand tried to force it to him. If he cant get open and doesnt do board work either he becomes useless and probably a reason why Monty said they need more from him.

Reactions: SonnyBoy and Grimey

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I was told it’s ok because Toronto is playing defense against him.

So he gets a free pass from some fans here

As someone who defended Pasta on those grounds I'd say that at the time that defense was a) valid, and b) qualified - Pasta being double-teamed etc. was a factor in his performance but it was also noted that if he was good enough he'd still find a way to make an impact.

Regardless, I think the situation has changed. In the first 4 games Pasta wasn't having huge success but the effort was mostly there, and he was going at a PPG pace even if his play wasn't decisive. Last 2 games though just haven't been good enough, no matter how much time and effort the Leafs put into him. Far too much coasting and sloppy play on his part. Definitely not alone in that, but still, has to be called for what it is. Giving a guy some slack for certain reasons doesn't mean he gets a free pass.

Reactions: the penitent

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Sort of yes they all need to be better, but even when a board battle was won, particularly I remember Marchand winning one, they had two guys right next to Pasta and Marchand tried to force it to him. If he cant get open and doesnt do board work either he becomes useless and probably a reason why Monty said they need more from him.
I agree he needs to be massively better, he can’t even stay on his skates.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
No team in NHL, MLB, NBA history has blown back to back 3-1 leads.

History can be made on Saturday night! What a way to cap off the centennial celebrations!!
It's only fitting if they choke again

I've seen my fair share of Bruin's choke jobs in almost 60 years of being a B's fan, but Monty has them on a whole new level of playoff choking

If they lose game 7 (which is very likely) the Bruins will be known as 'the playoff chokers' instead of the big bad Bruins

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
With all this negativity and frustration it wouldn't surprise me one bit we blow them out in the 1st period on Saturday. This is now about their characters the history of the team and reputation going forward. This is a original 6 team and having a 3 to 1 back to back choker label first time of history in all major sports would be devastating.

sublime0852

Feb 15, 2010
maine
IMG_1313.gif

Reactions: Clode

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad