Player Discussion Adam Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Fox looks really similar to Drew Doughty. I would argue that Fox is probably ahead of him in comparable development. At the very least, from a defensive standpoint.
Doughty was anchoring the defense for a cup champion at Fox’s age. I love fox but Idk if hes Doughty good currently

Reactions: CasusBelli

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Fox looks really similar to Drew Doughty. I would argue that Fox is probably ahead of him in comparable development. At the very least, from a defensive standpoint.

Dougherty is really high praise. I think he looks about where McDonagh was at 23, maybe even slightly ahead. I think McDonagh’s star reached as high as top 5-10 league-wide defenseman but that was a short lived peak.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Dougherty is really high praise. I think he looks about where McDonagh was at 23, maybe even slightly ahead. I think McDonagh’s star reached as high as top 5-10 league-wide defenseman but that was a short lived peak.

Oh man, I think this is, conversely, far too conservative.

I think Fox is borderline as good as McDonagh at this point. McDonagh had a really short prime that Fox hasn’t hit yet, but that’s inevitably coming.

He doesn’t dominate in the same way defensively, but he’s significantly better offensively.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
made great plays on the first 2 goals yesterday, especially that 2nd goal, that was all him. Muscled Palmieri off the puck, perfect pass to Strome in the slot. Strome of course misses the net, it bounces around the boards and finds its way Lindgren who fires a shot off of Kreider and in. Strome owes Fox a point.

Strome got him a make up point today. That’s why I love those EN goal points. Even if an EN may be easier to score, well not always, it kinda awards a player for missing out on points earlier when they made great plays but didn’t get on the scoresheet .

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
Oh man, I think this is, conversely, far too conservative.

I think Fox is borderline as good as McDonagh at this point. McDonagh had a really short prime that Fox hasn’t hit yet, but that’s inevitably coming.

He doesn’t dominate in the same way defensively, but he’s significantly better offensively.
The thing about Fox, is that he doesn't even need to be great on D, because he's the type of player that just finds away to have the puck and move it into offensive zone. He's a perfect example of a good defense is a good offense. When he's on the ice the puck is usually going to be in the O-zone. And yet when he needs to he shows that he is very capable of playing D, probably better than anyone else on our team in that regard.

I'm just going to say it, Fox is the best D the Rangers have had since Leetch. He's better than McD IMO.

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
Been camping in the outback last 4 days - hadn’t seen any games or results. But watching replays tonight that Fox coast-to-coast goal gave me wood...

OrangePMD

Feb 2, 2021
Finland
Canes signed Jaccob Slavin to a 7 year 5.3 mil per deal, a year before his ELC expired. In todays cap that would be 5.762.050 per year ( according to capfriendly numbers ). I think that is a good comparable for Fox, if he extends this summer.

Reactions: bleedblue94

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Canes signed Jaccob Slavin to a 7 year 5.3 mil per deal, a year before his ELC expired. In todays cap that would be 5.762.050 per year ( according to capfriendly numbers ). I think that is a good comparable for Fox, if he extends this summer.
To be honest, Slavin simply needs a new agent.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Strome got him a make up point today. That’s why I love those EN goal points. Even if an EN may be easier to score, well not always, it kinda awards a player for missing out on points earlier when they made great plays but didn’t get on the scoresheet .
Why would you want Fox to get EN points? He’s just going to demand a crazier contract.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Fox is not getting ufa contract value on his second contract. NYR has never been a sucker on second contracts. If he gets 8 years the rfa years will bring down the aav. We aren't the leafs, we arent giving ufa value contracts to our rfas, we never have...
6-6.5 aav on a long term deal that buys out ufa years in a flat cap world, but he will most likely push for a werenski structured contract that is 2-3 years with the 3rd year being big money and pushing a high QO on his next contract so he can cash in once the league economy starts to recover

Captain Monglobster

Nov 9, 2005
Fox obviously wants to be here I dont think locking him up long term at a reasonable price will be too difficult.

I also think he is one of those types of players that will constantly be learning the game and improving throughout his entire career. He already makes savvy plays out there that are uncoachable. He just absorbs the game so well. Best is yet to come.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
If Fox accepts a deal like that he is a fool. He could easily demand up to 6.5-7M on a 7 year deal.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Fox is going to give a hometown discount. He’s living his (and my) dream playing for the New York Rangers.

8 years around 6.5 mil is my guess. He won’t get ufa money

and he’ll sign another contract after that for more IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad